[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up >it's 44BC >you are sitting at the back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: STL23STAB_351228k.jpg (60 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
STL23STAB_351228k.jpg
60 KB, 580x386
>wake up
>it's 44BC
>you are sitting at the back of the senate with a kalashnikov and a stab-proof vest on
>julius caesar is about to take the floor
>no one has noticed you yet

what do?
>>
Use my gun to convince them I'm a god and proclaim myself emperor.
>>
Kill the senate, proclaim I was sent by Jupiter and declare myself God Emperor. But I would also kill Caesar, claiming the senate killed him.
>>
>>943071
>>943077
You guys speak fluent Latin?
>>
>>943068

I shoot Caesar in the head, then go to the forum and murder Octavian and Antony while shouting SIC SEMPER TYRANIS.

There I saved Roma.
>>
File: 23164931.jpg (25 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
23164931.jpg
25 KB, 258x400
Close the book, and have a lie down
>>
>>943102
I did latin in school between the ages of 12 and 16 so I could at least say enough to ask for good food and whores, I think.

After saving caesar's life I wonder what would be the best way to make sure I live the rest of my life comfortably without being assassinated out of fear of my technology and without simpy having my kalashnikov taken and being told to fuck off.

maybe I could convince Julius to let me be his bodyguard until I run out of bullets then by that time I will be able to speak latin well enough and will have enough of his gratitude that he'll let me retire to a comfy stipend with a nice selection of slave girls.
>>
sic semper tyrannis!
>>
File: Obama Lord.jpg (77 KB, 311x313) Image search: [Google]
Obama Lord.jpg
77 KB, 311x313
I'd wait until one of them tries to make a move, then defend Caesar with my life.

Then tell him I was sent by Jupiter to save him and rule as his successor.

>Become his most trusted friend
>Start giving him knowledge from the future
>Start advancing Rome as fast as possible
>Aim to have it industrialise by the end of my lifetime
>All the while raising my own brainwashed from birth elite guard and clique of loyalists to me
>Also fucking a lot of slaves
>Become Caesar's heir
>Become de facto leader of Rome after he dies
>Try and conquer as much as the world as possible and start colonisation of new world and sub-saharan africa
>Use muh guns to dominate everything
>Install the principals and groundwork plan for a liberal democracy after I die because no way my successors will ever be as good as me
>Still having the craziest sex parties on the planet
>Try and write down as much future knowledge as possible; philosophy, politics, science, engineering
>Make sure monotheist religions are crushed, judaism and all jews purged so no christanity or islam
>Use knowledge of science to prove that natural forces are behind most things not gods, try and aim to slowly make polytheism more of a token cultural thing within a few centuries and remove religion as a political force
>Warn of dangers to come like the horror of industrial warfare, the threat of weapons of mass destructions, but also geological events with a set date like Pompei's eruption
>Become known throughout history as a god like figure who predicted the future, advanced humanity centuries, basically discovered everything, and conquered and united an absurd amount of the Earth while discovering the new world and shit
>Also as the most prolific sex maniac on the planet and 15% of the Earth's populations have my DNA in them 2000 years later (suck it, Genghis)

That's the plan anyway
>>
>save caesar
>he owes me big time
>make one simple request: unrestricted access to all the primest boipussi in the city, for the rest of my life
>live out the rest of my days in a comfy palace paid for by my buddy julie-bro, pumping sweet boybutt dawn till dusk

anyone who says they would do any different is a filthy liar
>>
>>943166

>Install the principals and groundwork plan for a liberal democracy after I die because no way my successors will ever be as good as me

To bad nobody will listen to you after you die, because if you know anything about Roman history is that political infighting and short lived emperors are a pretty much guaranteed staple in Roman society.
>>
File: tip harder.jpg (37 KB, 680x483) Image search: [Google]
tip harder.jpg
37 KB, 680x483
>>943166
you were doing fine until you mentioned destroying monotheistic religions
>>
>>943129
Reminder that the Empire was better for the Roman people than the Republic ever was and people that would ruin this because they jack off after their freedumb to "vote" are the biggest cancer of mankind
>>
File: veni vidi sensi.jpg (75 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
veni vidi sensi.jpg
75 KB, 500x598
>>943068
>>no one has noticed you yet
Ok, I would sneak out of the senate, then out of Rome itself. I would find a rural village that has a blacksmith, and secretly destroy the gun and vest. I would then kill myself. Why? Because you never know how much "worse" (however you wish to define that) history could become if you had acted in that situation.
>>
>>943166
>Aim to have it industrialise by the end of my lifetime
How do you expect to do that?

>Also fucking a lot of slaves
>Install the principals and groundwork plan for a liberal democracy
>Still having the craziest sex parties on the planet
What a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>943232

Roman life was better because of colonization/conquest, but civil wars still happened and there were a load of fucktarded emperors like Caligula, Nero,Commodus and Elegabalus that became emperors only for being born to the royal ruling family.

After Rome became an empire the long cultural decline started and men with values like Cato disappeared.
>>
>>943245
Men with values like Cato were useless shit memesters like you can go suck off on >>>/trash/
>>
>>943166
>use muh guns to conquer everything
I don't think you can conquer anything with just a single AK and that's not counting the ammunition.
>>
>>943068
Walk out
Go offer to help Octavian with my magic fire stick
>>
>>943295
While anon might not be able to make modern weaponry, he could (if he knows the basic principals of gunpowder) probably mass produce very rudimentary firearms after a number of years.

And bringing technology from 1300 years in the future would definitely give you a tactical edge
>>
>>943223
Alright Mr. Memer, explain why letting monotheism live would be a good thing in this fictional scenario.
>>
>>943243
>How do you expect to do that?
Alright, that might be a bit optimistic. It'd be extremely hard to do. It's absurd to try and speed up 1800 years of history into one lifetime, after all. But with the knowledge of how to do it, you could probably speed it up a whole lot faster. I'm not a scientist so I'll give up on this point. But I bet with knowledge of metallurgy, steam power etc, you might be able to get the ball rolling and have it partially underway by the time of your death.

I have no idea how you'd ever transition Rome from a slave based economy to a wage based economy though.
>>
File: mfw hre.png (214 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
mfw hre.png
214 KB, 499x499
>>943102

Surely you meant to say Greek?
>>
>>943295
>>943326
If you had an AK and a basic knowledge of the principles behind how the gun works, surely some smarty pants Romans could help you reverse engineer something similar
>>
>>943068
>it's 44BC
OOGA BOOGA ROCKSTOP
>>
>>943378
You can't smelt steel with Roman technology and you definitely cannot make smokeless powder.
>>
File: 18ml3zw195b0zjpg.jpg (226 KB, 660x728) Image search: [Google]
18ml3zw195b0zjpg.jpg
226 KB, 660x728
I consult my tattoo. Pic related.
>>
>>943408
But you could make an early firearm boomstick, right? Hand cannon type stuff
>>
shoot them all

then shoot myself
>>
Nothing, as cool as the thought of caesar living on is I'm not causing any major events that might mean I may not exist one day.
>>
>>943166

>>/reddit/
>>
>>943068
Do nothing. Let history play its course as it should. What happened there and the aftermath are beneficial to Rome and her people. Now if it's Lincoln that's different.
>>
>>943223
tbf it would save it from revolts and shit down the line. Paganism can integrate better
>>
>>946184
what about the multiverse
>>
>>950351
Ah, then fuck it Caesar lives!
>>
>>943732
>tells you the chemical makeup of birth control
>doesn't tell you how to make steel

We need to make a better poster than this.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.