[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scenario:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: 300px-Blackdeath2.gif (36 KB, 300x281) Image search: [Google]
300px-Blackdeath2.gif
36 KB, 300x281
The year is 1345. You live in Europe. You have 1 year until the Plague hits and kills nearly everybody. What do you do to maximize your odds of survival?
>>
Move to Cracow, apparently.
>>
>>942443
Get a cat
>>
File: pub.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
pub.gif
2 MB, 348x323
this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Decameron
>>
Sailing to Murica.
>>
burn jews
>>
>>942443
Move to Milan.

They didn't fuck around.
>>
>>942443
i keep up good personal hygiene like using fucking soap. I avoid bigger cities and towns. I do what >>942451 said, while i might add, that you have to wash your cat too, otherwise that fucker will just get the fleas from the rat and then you're fucked again.
Plus: It depends on the scenario we're talking about. If i just wake up in a body of a random person in europe in 1345 or if i time travel back with my current body.
Since i'm the descendant of those people who survived the various plague then i basically would have automatically +1 resistance to plague and also a better basic immune system since i never suffered starvation, lack of nutriens, had any major diseases...(+1 health)
>>
>>942530
>also a better basic immune system since i never... had any major diseases
you never developed an immunity to diseases that you weren't vaccinated against
>>
>>942484

Is it true that Milan would essentially set fire to your home with you and your family in it if you showed even the slightest possibly symptoms of the plague?

>>942481

Why did so many people think that the Jews poisoned the wells?

>>942450

I imagine Milan would be comfier.
>>
>>942536
>http://www.livescience.com/43063-black-death-roma-evolution.html
the black plague was such a huge evolutionary catalyst that modern europeans (the descendants of those who survived) show a better immune response against black plague.

>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/black-death-survivors-and-their-descendants-went-on-to-live-longer/
also, those who survived were basically the healthier part of the population.

the black plague was a huge evolutionary bottleneck. Our ancestors had to adapt or die.

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
>>
>>942443
Experiment with bread molds.

Also get a cat
>>
>>942443
Keep a pet cant and laugh while everyone else dies cause I'm an immune god who came from the future.
>>
Go relax in the countryside.
>>
>>942666
Dig my personal secret well, away from the Ghetto.
>>
Move to Slavland, get a cat, be an ubermensch.
>>
File: mfw hre.png (281 KB, 495x597) Image search: [Google]
mfw hre.png
281 KB, 495x597
>tfw most likely immune to the plague
Fuck your primitive immune system, the plague ain't shit next to MERSA.
>>
>>942537
>Why did so many people think that the Jews poisoned the wells?
Because the Jews were relatively unaffected by the plague, mostly because of their meticulous cleanliness.
>>
>>942530
>Since i'm the descendant of those people who survived the various plague then i basically would have automatically +1 resistance to plague and also a better basic immune system since i never suffered starvation, lack of nutriens, had any major diseases...(+1 health)
Dude lmao wat
>>
>>942559
That would fuck the human race because we'd become resistant to antibiotics earlier than we are now
>>
Give myself cowpox, hope for increased immunity.
>>
>>942443
Krakow seems nice this time of year.
>>
Use the same well as local jews.
>>
So how did Cracow and surrounding areas escape the plague?
>>
>>943039
They didnt kill their cats unlike the rest of Europe
>>
>>943039
The King of Poland effectively quarantined his kingdom from outside contact.
>>
>>942443
I go to Cracow.
>>
Find a cute blond frenchie who'll let me flagellate her.
Shit's going to be kinky as fuck.
>>
>>942993
>+ 1 black plague resistance >>942550
>+ 1 health
In spite of some very negative aspects of the diet of industrialized populations, we have much better vitamin, mineral and protein intake than 100 or 200 years ago, let alone 1000 years ago. As a consequence the body can grow much better.

In addition, our health has improved considerably along with medical technology. We have fewer endemic diseases, and fewer epidemic diseases. That is important because an incidence of disease usually means that the nutrients we do consume are not absorbed by the body sufficiently.
>>
File: 3775691_orig[1].jpg (642 KB, 1071x776) Image search: [Google]
3775691_orig[1].jpg
642 KB, 1071x776
>>942443
be anywhere but with cats a lot of cats
>no rats
>no rat's fleas
>no contamination
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.