[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there anything that Takeda could have done to avoid being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: TakedaBTFO2.jpg (299 KB, 1280x803) Image search: [Google]
TakedaBTFO2.jpg
299 KB, 1280x803
Was there anything that Takeda could have done to avoid being completely being BTFO by Nobunaga's muskets?
>>
Yes.
Not be a retard who charges against matchlock ashigaru entrenched in a palaside wall with cavalry.
>>
>>941967
Build siege equipment and pummel them from outside their range until they leave their positions
>>
>>941967
they would have won if not for the fact that the ancient martial art of teleporting behind your enemies was lost at the very start of the sengoku jidai
>>
My guess is he could have used his calvalry more as a precise surgical instrument than as just a battering ram. Encircle Nobunaga's formations and starve them out.
>>
>>941967
>Nagashino.
>MUH GUUUUNS.
Not really, more like Takeda attacking a hugeassfuck force head on. Guns helped.

>>942228
>Japan
>Siege weapons prior cannon.
>>
>>942546
They had catapults dude.
>>
>>942602
That's not even true.
>>
File: 885211175_DSC01735_122_25lo.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1820) Image search: [Google]
885211175_DSC01735_122_25lo.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1820
>>942604
>>
>>942657
I don't see any catapult there. Just battering rams and siege towers.
>>
>>941967
He could have run away, he was outnumbered almost 4 to 1
>>
>>942709
>4:1

No
>>
>>942657
>those random fucking towers with no way up or down
>little houses with wheels and axles facing the wrong direction for a battering ram
>siege towers with unfinished sides

Japanese warfare was so...weird.
>>
>>941967
not go to battle
>>
>>942228
Unlike in your Total War games, in real life catapults don't function like cannons made of wood.
>>
File: Nest Cart.jpg (10 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Nest Cart.jpg
10 KB, 270x400
>>942546
Japs had siege artillery. Catapults existed in the form of the Imported Chinese design, "Sitting Tiger" catapult.
>>942602
Though I must agree with Anon over there since Japanese *rarely* needed siege weapons for attacks on fortifications.

Prior to the emergence of the large stone castles, Japanese fortifications were these simple earth/wooden affairs assailable by ladders, cables, mallets, and judicious application of fire.

>>942763
>those random fucking towers with no way up or down
The artist misinterpreted the function of the "Nest Cart." A Chinese siege engine, It wasn't a siege weapon but a mobile observation post built higher than the enemy's walls. The cart was wheeled into some position, set up, and a brave soul climbed the mast and took a peek at enemy positions.
>>
File: Siege Lift.jpg (100 KB, 1111x1271) Image search: [Google]
Siege Lift.jpg
100 KB, 1111x1271
>>943915
Another version of the "Nest Cart" featuring an elevator-type observation post.
>>
>>941967
Not try and zerg rush a superior defensive position with his cavalry.

Katsuyori was a fucking idiot and its a shame so many had to die before he realized that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.