[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will the lie of man made climate change be portrayed in future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: globalwarmingbtfo.jpg (79 KB, 1068x396) Image search: [Google]
globalwarmingbtfo.jpg
79 KB, 1068x396
How will the lie of man made climate change be portrayed in future history books? One of the biggest scams of this century I think.
>>
Seems to me that no matter what, it will be written as, the bad guys resisting it for too long, and heres examples of why it went on too long.
I find most climate change enthusiasts are selfish, in talking about stuff like coral bleaching, when you push them, they really only care because they think coral is pretty. Rather than caring for the species.
>>
The age of the dinosaurs is commonly theorized to have ended in an atmosphere-related mass extinction event.
>>
You know how Facism got a bad name because German fascists had a complicated relationship with jews? American conservatives are about to do the same thing.
>>
>>939360
Only the really retarded hippy types think that human activity will end life on Earth. Raised CO2 level aren't inherently terrible, either, but dramatic change is bad for ecosystems, no matter the direction. It might only lead to short-term collapse, but in this context, that's high thousands to low millions of years. Hell, it might not even destroy humanity, but it'll probably do very serious damage to civilization.

If nothing else, sea levels were ~200m higher in the Cretaceous. If you think immigration's bad now, wait until more than half of the world's population is looking for somewhere to live because they've just been flooded.
>>
>>939360
Probably like the sale of indulgences.

Or maybe as a part of new western moral imperialism (human rights over national rights, ecology, all those UN criteria for developed nations, relentless and unquestioned supremacy of democracy) or whatever it is going to be called.
>>
>>939360

People like you thought AGW was a myth will be remembered as the scientific illiterates you are.
>>
>CO2 hundreds of times bigger back then
>Earth was warmer back then
You do realize that these was the factors necessary to allow dinosaurs to dominate the earth?
That it was when the climate began to look more like it does today that the Dinosaurs began to lose their dominance to the mammals?
>>
Reminder that as late as the 20th century there were still lots of people who viewed the idea of human-caused extinction of a species as implausible liberal hogwash.
>>
>>939387
Meteors are man made?
>>
File: 0280-aralsea-chrono-EN.jpg (173 KB, 1339x990) Image search: [Google]
0280-aralsea-chrono-EN.jpg
173 KB, 1339x990
>>939541
No, why?
>>
I'm mostly worried about rising ocean levels, which is going to be extremely bad if left unattended. A lot of people live by the coastline, and if their homes flood they have to go somewhere or die, and neither is exactly a wanted result.
>>
>that post
>High CO2 didn't kill the dinosaurs, but massive environmental changes did
>therefore if we rapidly elevate our CO2 levels we'll be fine, it worked for the dinosaurs

beyond retarded.
>>
>>939360
Man made climate change isn't up for debate.
>>
>>939360
Money grabbing hoax that went on way too long and exposed empiricists for being easily deluded by computer simulations.
>>
>>939719
>empiricists
>simulations
>>
>>939688
Oceans wont rise 30 feet overnight. First many coastal cities get a knee deep water during tide like in Venice
>>
>>939708
That's exactly what's up for debate.
>>
>>939774
It doesn't matter if it rises overnight -- cities aren't easily moved and quite a few are on the coastline. The Maldives are going to be entirely under water. Some cities will get levees around them but a lot of coastal territory is going to be lost.
>>
>>939674
What has the Aral sea got to do with climate? It shrunk because Stalin wanted to grow cotton in the desert.
>>
>>939793
No, it isn't. What is up for debate is what it means, how severe it is, etc.
>>
>>939794
Think of the trillions and trillions it will spin around. Golden age for construction sector. And new cities could have actual modern urban planning, not tied to 300 years old historical cores with godawful infrastructure.
>>
>>939838
I'm not entirely optimistic about the construction sector's benefit, since that's mostly for wealthy countries that would be fine anyway. No amount of construction is gonna help the countries that will literally be underwater. Not having to deal with retarded city planning would be nice, but I think laziness'll still prevail over actual city planning.

Regardless, rising ocean levels is not a good thing. Not that we can do much about it at this point but so it goes.
>>
>>939360
We'll be reading about how millions upon millions of people become refugees and flee to europe because of heavier rainfall flooding some places and droughts causing famines in others.
And people like you will be rightfully seen as idiots.
>>
>>939726
Yes, exactly. Computer simulations to predict temperatures, instead of actually doing the hard work of gathering the temperatures from meters.

Exactly why you get a fucking hockey stick billion degree planet chart where the oceans are all evaporated.
>>
Global warming is real and inconclusively anthropogenic.
That being said, we should switch to nuclear power and preserve our precious mobile fuels.
>>
>>939948
>The weather changes.
>Not a fucking thing anyone can do about it.
>>
>>939963
Global climate is not as heavily influenced by human activity as it is hyped to be, mainly because "global climate" is a very loose definition itself.
We are slowly learning about our actual impact rather than this "WE'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELLFIRE AND BRIMSTONE" Zealot preaching.

Don't worry, I'm an eco-fascist, not some contrarian.
>>
>>939896
Gathering data from the future is pretty hard, yes. You need to slingshot around the sun at warp-10
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.