[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this triggers the deep ecologist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>this triggers the deep ecologist
>>
What's with Asia and all these fucking highrises, seriously, it's not like they have a shortage of land. It applies to Arabs as well who compete with each other over who builds a taller building, is it small dick compensation or something else?
>>
y'know china, maybe if you used the wealth, materials and manpower you had to build these skyscrapers around the rural cities, you'd have a developed country instead of a highly developed east coast
>>
>>939251
population is still growing and they're expecting a shortage of land in the future.

>...which also triggers the deep ecologist
>>
>>939251
>>939294
You underestimate how crowded it is there in East/SE/South Asia. And a lot of the land is still used for agriculture or other resource-gathering activities.

Coming from the region and studying here in Europe, "rush hours" and "traffic jams" here are a joke. And it is possible to see streets empty of human life. You'll never get these scenes back in Asia. Streets are still crowded at around 12:00 AM or something while here 8:00 PM cities seem to go asleep already.

I don't even see that much children among Europeans. Even on the weekends. Its like they hide them somewhere.

But yeah, Arabs are in it for the comp
>>
>>939338
That's only because they crammed their entire population into a handful of ginormous cities.

For example, Belgium has a higher population density than China, yet I don't see Shanghai or Beijing level of skyscraper spamming in Belgium.
>>
>>939364
What could one say? Zones of industry/commerce/production tend to gravitate towards certain regions in China and other places in E/SE/South Asia?.

That shit is real even in non-Asian countries. Just check out USA.
>>
>>939364
>Belgium has a higher population density than China, yet I don't see Shanghai or Beijing level of skyscraper spamming in Belgium.

To be fair lot of the land area of China is shitty desert.
>>
>>939410
>To be fair lot of the land area of China is shitty desert.
Uyghurstan isn't representative of the Chinese countryside.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.