[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pre Colombian Transoceanic Contact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Christian-krohg-leiv-eriksson.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1302) Image search: [Google]
Christian-krohg-leiv-eriksson.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1302
Are there any particular transoceanic contact theories which you personally believe?

Norse and Polynesian contact are near universally agreed with enormous amounts of archaeological evidence.

I personally believe the Japanese-Ecuadorian theory is highly possible. The pottery of Valdivia is very similar to Jomon style pottery. There's also a genetic link between the tribes in the area with the Japanese as well as many Asian characteristics distinct from the surrounding tribes. An STD which originated in Southeastern Japan is also found in mummies in the area. The current theory is that an eruption which occurred around 3000 BCE lead to Jomon peoples following a coastal migration route across the North Pacific into America. Even ocean currents suggest that this was entirely possible.

>inb4 Jews discovered America
>>
>>936439

That's interesting, I've never actually heard that theory before. Something similar to this was a small Native American tribe in Southern California and Arizona was discovered to have a language with an absurd amount of commonalities to Classical Japanese.
>>
>>936449
Yeah, I'd heard that, it's fascinating. The thing that gets me the most is the fact that there is only contact in certain areas. The fact that they made one journey and stayed makes sense, but the fact that Southern California and Ecuador are literally thousands of miles away rather than several hundred if the contact was in the Northwest is really amazing if true.
>>
>>936522
It's 3 am right now, I apologise for how much I fucked up that paragraph.
>>
File: solutrean pride world wide.jpg (143 KB, 1152x1147) Image search: [Google]
solutrean pride world wide.jpg
143 KB, 1152x1147
>>936439
>Are there any particular transoceanic contact theories which you personally believe?

The DNA don't lie.
>>
>>937560
Yea groups from russia when east and west. There's no evidence of the soultrean hypothesis.
>>
>>936439
Roman texts describe the Sargasso Sea off of Bermuda, it wouldn't have surprised me if they were isolated examples of Carthaginian or Roman ships ending up in the Americas. I don't think any of the so-called proof we have is valid, but I can't imagine it not having happened.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Columbian_trans-oceanic_contact_theories
>>
>>937731
There has been Carthaginian money found off an Island in Canada, but I've also heard money was found in the Bahamas. I can't find an official archeological publication on the matter though.
>>
>>936439
DNA has confirmed three waves including the Melanesian wave that came north through the Asian mainland with populations in Amazonia and Aleutian Islands.

Polynesians and Vikings are the only other ones confirmed, the Japanese myth is just plain tacky save for proto-Jomon 10k+ years ago
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.