[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, got a good idea that is almost exactly like another idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: tmp_1365-images(3)487498661.jpg (13 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1365-images(3)487498661.jpg
13 KB, 215x234
Okay, got a good idea that is almost exactly like another idea that has already been done and is somewhat successful:

How do we bring back armoured fighting? Specifically to America. The Euros and Russians have their thing (with a few Americans) but the there isn't really anything for us Americans here in America. Is there a way to change that? How would we drum up the interest in watching armoured lads bash each other with a weapons? Americans love violence so it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do, honestly.

Any ideas? I think if it could be promoted and marketed correctly it could take off pretty well.
>>
HEMA

>>>/asp/1104717
>>
>>936401

Not the same, and they're not fans of what I am suggesting. I post there too, so I know what is going on.
>>
>>936413
You mean LARPing? Elaborate
>>
Market it like WWE and have a shit tone of food like a baseball game and you will have them hooked in no time.
>>
>>936419

I mean mkre like Battle of Nations but in America, not something where you role play as an elf and hit each other with foam whilst not mixing Powerade and calling it a potion.
>>
>wanting Pennsic to expand any further
>[the current year]
>>
>>936432
There's Medieval Times. Went there for a field trip in grade 4. I love medieval European history now, but I wasn't interested in it really back then. I got a wooden shield and sword from there, tho, and got the sword signed by one of the knights

http://www.medievaltimes.com/
>>
File: Lutold_koenigsegg.jpg (2 MB, 1304x2219) Image search: [Google]
Lutold_koenigsegg.jpg
2 MB, 1304x2219
>>936361
>lads bash each other with a weapons?
Armoured fighting was not about "bashing" people with weapons, it was about thrusting people into the gaps where the armour did NOT cover. Bashing against people in armour does not kill them. Reenactors do it all the time and you can also see it in Battle of the Nations and other events.
>>
>>936454
>>936493

I don't think you understand where I'm trying to go with this.
>>
File: 09battle-pic-articleLarge-v2.jpg (184 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
09battle-pic-articleLarge-v2.jpg
184 KB, 600x366
ACL/HMB/BotN.

Full contact submission fighting with weapons and armor. Its big in Europe, and is gaining traction in the US, with several divisional teams that compete to be on the nation US team for the battle of the nations.

The /tg/ tripfag Gropey_the _clown is apparently an upper mid-range fighter and contender for the east coast US division.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.