[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has this country ever done anything in the entirety of it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: laos-MMAP-md.png (120 KB, 1036x733) Image search: [Google]
laos-MMAP-md.png
120 KB, 1036x733
has this country ever done anything in the entirety of it's fucking history? All it's done is get it's shit kicked in the Vietnamese, Thais, used as a road by Vietcong, and does nothing today.
>>
>>931781
Kahn and Minh from King of the Hill are from there
>>
File: Map_of_Vietnam.jpg (344 KB, 800x1201) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Vietnam.jpg
344 KB, 800x1201
It was always part of Dai Viet Empire until the collapsed of Nguyen Dynasty
>>
>>931781
They and Cambodia produce some of the most ratchet, ho-ass Asian Americans I've ever met.
>>
>>931781

produced the best character on king of the hill
>>
>>931971
Jungle people are always rachet, regardless of whether that jungle is in Asia, Africa, or South America.
>>
File: Le Face of having seen (2).jpg (41 KB, 301x351) Image search: [Google]
Le Face of having seen (2).jpg
41 KB, 301x351
Objectively the part of the world with the most boring and uninteresting ""history"". Seriously, who gives a fuck about whatever went down in Vietnam, Thailand, or Cambodia? They don't even have a nice aesthetic.
>>
>>932028
All of those countries are beautiful
>>
>>931809
Damn, beat me to it.
>>
>>932028
Vietnam is decent, but in general SE Asians have all of the negatives of Asians but almost none of the positives.
>>
>>932028
Thailand has fucking beautiful art.
>>
>>931781
It should be part of Thailand. The Lao are basically Thai.
>>
>>931781

Large portions of the Hmong ethnic group are from there, and were obliged to flee after Vietnam. Many of them resettled in the States, with the largest communited concentrated in California, and Minnesota/Wisconsin. I went to public school with some.

They also make some comfy picture quilts. DESU I don't know much else about Laos except that it is one of the five remaining nominally, "officially", whatever word you care to use --- communist states. It is interesting to note that apart from Cuba, the other four of these form a single contiguous region: China, Vietnam, North Korea, and Laos.

Come to think of it, Laos is the only landlocked communist state, per the above. This now makes me curious about historic examples of same (eastern bloc apart from the Soviets?)
>>
>>935476

And no sooner did I write this and check the babby internet then I learned that NK has /formally/ dropped the commie shtick in favor of the great Juche idea, interesting. It is rather hard to intellectually justify dynasty if you're going to stick to gommunism, so at least they're being consistent.
>>
>>935476
Tannu Tuva comes to mind, apart from the obvious Czechoslovakia and Hungary
>>
>>935518
There's also Mongolia and Afghanistan.
>>
Laos is essentially the bullied kid of all of SE Asia, existing only as a buffer state to be used and abused at one's leisure.

They're like Korea but landlocked and more pathetic.
>>
File: KHAAAAAN!.png (265 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
KHAAAAAN!.png
265 KB, 640x480
>>931781
>>
>>931781
>and does nothing today

Well to be fair, they are planning to build a shitload of dams on the Mekong River in a bid to boost their economy by being "the battery of Asia". The problem is that these dams could also affect the fish stocks and agriculture of all downriver countries, AKA Cambodia and Vietnam.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.