[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to the majestic Auroch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: Aurochs.jpg (95 KB, 634x458) Image search: [Google]
Aurochs.jpg
95 KB, 634x458
What happened to the majestic Auroch
>>
>>931702
The eternal Germanic happened
>>
Quaternary extinction event
>>
>>931702
they got eated
>>
>>931702
Ate em all
>>
We domesticated them
>>
the Auroch Burger was a massive success.
>>
File: jh561d7e56.jpg (112 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
jh561d7e56.jpg
112 KB, 736x552
>>931783
>We domesticated them
DING DING DING! The correct answer. Aurochs are to modern cattle, as wolves are to dogs. The last natural, full blooded Auroch died in the 17thC.

That said, we have MANY Auroch-like breeds... And have been slowly breeding them back into existence, as we have several other animal species.

Pic is one of the current results of the Taurus project. Its not photoshopped.
>>
we fucking domesticated them, while africans couldn't even domesticate a sebra
>>
>>932579
Ah, the first meme of the board.
>>
We fucking domesticated the fucking shit out of them that's what fucking happened
>>
>>932583
>zebras are horses
>apparently the only untameable horse breed in existence

Retard
>>
Europeans, being the barbarians that they are, hunted them to extinction.
>>
>>932579
>we

Are you North African, Indian, or Middle Eastern?
I hate this meme
>>
>>931702
women caused them to be hunted to extinction and domesticated into cattle. seriously, fuck females. mgtow
>>
>>932579
I remember whennpol couldnt stop fapping about that
>>
>>932574
>Its not photoshopped
Those people like they were pasted on though. Also they seem to be manlets.
>>
File: 20160403_144845.jpg (397 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160403_144845.jpg
397 KB, 1280x960
This is a pretty good bagged milk holder imo
>>
File: 1458500686415.jpg (213 KB, 497x480) Image search: [Google]
1458500686415.jpg
213 KB, 497x480
>>933398
huh i was the only one that thought this. Like if an

Asian or middle easterner: " Its so awesome how we landed on the moon.."
>lel fuck off shitskin

American/ Euro: "we built the pyramids and built the Great Wall..WE humans are a collective..HUMAN RACE guise....."
>>
File: proof of shoop.jpg (209 KB, 1203x507) Image search: [Google]
proof of shoop.jpg
209 KB, 1203x507
>>932574
>>934807
And would you look at that, it WAS shooped!
>>
>>932574
Gnarly.
>>
>>934794
I'm not familiar with auroch history. Can you please elaborate? Your claim sounds interesting.
>>
>>935005
It goes further than just Aurochs, but the killing and eating of animals in general. Humans are not naturally predisposed to eating meat, but gradually women have convinced the male gender that eating meat is "manly".. while they reap the benefits. Could a dainty bitch slaughter a 1000 pound bull? nope, so why is it fair that women get to consume their flesh ? Who were the cooks who made meat appetizing through a concoction of spices and herbs:women .
All achievements of men will soon go to naught as women have med on to their next target: masculinity.. ITs time to stop the feminization of our ociety and its time to stop women from eating and turning our brothers into hanbags and shoes. Its time for the vegan MRA revolution
>>
>>933398
>>933398
Not him but I'm a Sardinian and descend directly from neolithic farmers
>>
>>932779

>Zebras are horses

They are related but not actually horses.
>>
>>935079
do you look any different than indo-European people?
>>
>>935225
Many of them can pass for Near Eastern with ease, though they don't have the stereotypical Bedouin/Semitic phenotype.
To be fair most Southern Europeans are like 50% Neolithic Farmer too.
>>
File: Costume_di_Laconi.jpg (1 MB, 979x1305) Image search: [Google]
Costume_di_Laconi.jpg
1 MB, 979x1305
>>935277
>>
File: Costume_giornaliero_di_dorgali.jpg (1003 KB, 1039x1600) Image search: [Google]
Costume_giornaliero_di_dorgali.jpg
1003 KB, 1039x1600
>>935281
>>
File: blankmapeuropegjpclfv1a0.png (241 KB, 2100x1525) Image search: [Google]
blankmapeuropegjpclfv1a0.png
241 KB, 2100x1525
>>935277
>Southern Europeans have 50% Neolithic farmer

They have much more that that on average and Sardinians are not even the ones who have the most, Sicilians have more for instance, pic related.
>>
>>935422
I'm doubting the validity of this map since it shows Bedouins as the extant group closest to ENF when every other algorithm showed ENFs were more closely related to modern Southern Europeans and Anatolians.
Did it just assume Near-Eastern/Middle Eastern = ENF ancestry? That's the only way it makes sense.
>>
>>935463
>I'm doubting the validity of this map since it shows Bedouins as the extant group closest to ENF

It doesn't, read the map again and the fact that they have 21% Sub Saharian blood makes them really distant from the ENF component, if they had 21% WHG for instance they would be much closer.

>Did it just assume Near-Eastern/Middle Eastern = ENF ancestry

These maps are legit and they are based on this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x8pm8sVcHqceiNFJMO082kxaBF5ePr4__bAK05VQRFw/edit#gid=62882571
>>
>>935482
Well it does seem like the mapmaker pretended Near Eastern ancestry means Early Neolithic Farmer ancestry and Saudis/Bedouins do have Near Eastern/"ENF" ancestry ranging from 70% to over 90%. The K8 spreadsheet is solid, the interpretation is wrong.
>21% SSA blood
What? I get your point about WHG ancestry but what? No one in West Eurasia has more than 20% SSA ancestry unless they're directly descended from North Africans or actual Africans.
>>
>>935595
Oh wait, it seems we've misunderstood each others. When I said Bedouins I meant Arabians from the Peninsula, not Tunisians and other North Africans.
"Bedouin" specifically means "those endogamous Arabian tribes that never left their original desert and thus provide pure-blooded samples of ancestral populations" in the context of ancient genetics.
>>
>>935422
>Sardinians are not even the ones who have the most, Sicilians have more
Where is that map from? Researches on this stuff say the opposite:

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29213892
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25230663
>The early farmer genome showed a completely different pattern, however. Her genetic profile was a good match for modern people in Sardinia, and was rather different from the indigenous hunters.
The other two "tribes" have no modern equivalents.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18183308?dopt=Abstract&holding=npg
>These results suggest a largely pre-Neolithic settlement of the island with little subsequent gene flow from outside populations.
>>
>>935422
>>935759
Also:
http://hudsonalpha.org/ancient-dna-reveals-genetic-relationship-between-todays-sardinians-and-neolithic-europeans
>>
>>935779
So wait, first you say Bedoins aren't close genetically to neolithic farmers and then you're surprised Sardinians, who are genetically close to neolithic farmers, don't look like Bedouins?
>>
>>935791
I'm another guy, I've just responded to you saying that Sardinians are not the ones with most "ancient European farmer" DNA.
>>
>>931783
WE WUZ AUROCH COWBOYZ N SHIEEET!
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>931702

> what happened

We domesticated them. (Point of pedantry: the name of the species is 'Aurochs', cognate to "Ur-Ox." )

>>932574
That Taurus project is amazing. Heck cattle were an attempt to re-create aurochs as well.

>>932579
Africans domesticated the donkey, which is the closest relative to the zebra. Some animals domesticate well, others don't. Humans have domesticated the aurochs but did not do so well with the Cape buffalo.

>>933398
I am Middle Eastern in descent, so I am getting credit for domesticating the Aurochs. I guess you can say I am a steakholder in all of this.
>>
>>935422
What do they mean with north and south eurasian?
>>
>>936541
Ahmed/Carlos pls
>>
>>934821
I mean the scale. It was overlapped for size compare.

>>936541
Taurus was step 2 of the proposed 5 part project on Heck cattle.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.