[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Tokugawa shogunate saw a long period of isolation and progress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: greatclans.jpg (138 KB, 799x564) Image search: [Google]
greatclans.jpg
138 KB, 799x564
The Tokugawa shogunate saw a long period of isolation and progress in terms of culture and civic administration.

The Toyotomi wanted to invade China and Korea.

But how would things have been if other clans had complete control over Japan?

How different would Japanese history be if say, clans like the Oda, the Takeda, the Mori or the Shimizu managed to win the Sengoku Jidai and establish their own shogunate? What decisions, actions and reforms would each of those great clans take?
>>
>>930445
thats impossible to say, faggot

Even with Nobunaga so close to conquering Japan before he was backstabbed we have no way of knowing what he would have done after he did so.

Even less so with other great clans since they rarely showed that much foresight, and its even more silly to assume that the heirs of the current ruler would take a unified country in the same direction as their predecessor.
>>
File: we_wuz_daimyo_an_sheet.png (76 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
we_wuz_daimyo_an_sheet.png
76 KB, 557x605
Ah yes, who could forget the great clan of Portugal.
>>
Shimazu would've instantly made japan into what the meiji empire was. Seeing as the satsuma province was where the emperor gained most of his support. And most of the high ranking imperial officers in the Bõshin War were shimazu samurai
>>
>>932573
The Shimazu only fucking did that because they were tremendously asshurt of the Tokugawa for 250ish years.
>>
>>931766
It's from a game, and the Portugal symbol is used for the European Trader faction.
>>
>>932584
Didn't Shimazu refuse to charge in the battle of Sekigahara? I seem to remember the west desperately needing cavalry support but they just fucking sat there and eventually withdrew.

Perfidious Shimazu
>>
>>931766
I do wonder what it would take to create a Portuguese-speaking christianized southern Japan though.
>>
>>933461
nothing because the shimazu only allowed them in for technology and anti-authority of the christian stance against kyoto/edo it was mostly a show of independence

they know what the spanish/dutch/portuguese were capable of and if they had any design on colonization the daimyos would massacre them all as they did and anyone who were converted, this is why they only allowed the dutch a factory because they were not big on proselytization
>>
I gotta ask y'all, how accurate is that history of japan video that has been making the rounds?

I take issue with the whole "world wars happened because they wanted to test their weapons" bit, but how does it fare otherwise?
>>
>>933807
Im pretty sure half of that thing was a joke.

It referred to the highly destructive Onin War as a TV Show Vote.
>>
>>933807
It's as good as you'll get from a 10 minute video that's also aiming to be entertaining.
>>
>>933821
Don't forget America accepting Japan's war request and hitler emails.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.