[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did German women trade sex for chocolate bars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: chocolatebar.webm (1016 KB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
chocolatebar.webm
1016 KB, 960x400
Why did German women trade sex for chocolate bars?
>>
>>929320
Chocolate is sweet and nice
>>
>>929320
Why not
>>
Because sucking dick only worked for cigarettes.
>>
>ywn exploit qt german girls with your fellow brothers in arms
why live?
>>
In the face of all of todays feminism, Fury tried to be a movie that was super masculine and didnt apologize for it.
However, they fucked up by having the setting of the movie during a war, where things that would usually be positive for being a man (i.e. fighting for what's right, loving women, not being afraid) suddenly become negative because they are so extreme.
The movie has a scene where the innocent kid of the bunch is made to shoot a german prisoner who tells them he has a family. The movie portrays this as good, necessary and manly. Almost like a coming of age ritual for the young rookie guy.
Sure it's manly, but it skips over all the other problems of whether it's right or wrong, or if war is justified.
It's so focused on being manly that it sacrifices everything else.
It's like they accidentally criticized masculinity by taking it too far
>>
>>929389
Fury was good until the final fight where bunch of german soldiers assault a single tank on front.
>>
>>929389
>The movie portrays this as good, necessary and manly.

no it doesnt you bullshitter.
>>
>>929374
>exploiting
>not straight up raping

Western ally cucks detected.
>>
>>929320
They raped them and then threw chocolate bars on them.
>>
People like fuckin'.
People like chocolate.
What's not to understand here?
>>
>>929396
Fury went to shit looooooong before the final sequence.

The extremely unrealistic portrayal of combat is the biggest offender, it's b-grade action movie tier and it persists throughout the entire film, not just the final sequence. This is perfectly acceptable for a lot of movies, but Fury was supposed to be gritty and unvarnished.

The dramatic theme of 'war is hell' is nothing new, and it's pretty much present in some form or another in every war movie ever made. Fury's writers approached it with the nuance and subtlety of a 16 year old who just watched band of brothers for the first time. It's so hamfisted and cliched that it's almost unbelievable.
>>
>>929396

a more realistic ending, where a two man team with a panzerschreck sneaks up on it from the side under cover of darkness and lights it up, would have made for a shorter, less satisfying (for a movie audience) finale.

in short, it would have been a better ending and a truer reflection on the random nature of death in war. one minute you're alive and reflecting on the moral compromises you have to make to survive a brutal war, next minute you're sizzling dogfood chunks on the floor of your blazing steel coffin, your melted fat dripping through the floor hatch and warped steel onto the ground underneath.
>>
>>929389
>unironically defending Fury
>>
Bitches love chocolate. He who controls the chocolate controls the universe.
>>
>>929684

>for he is the kadburys haderach
>>
>>929649
>less satisfying for a movie audience
>better ending

I want you to sit quietly and think about what you wrote.
>>
>>929389
There was nothing 'manly' about that scene. It was an enforced rite of passage - depicting a brutal punishment doled out to the SS. It wasn't anything like being shown to be 'good, necessary and manly'.

If anything the film showed things in a 'that's how it was' attitude (though unrealistic) and was neither condemning nor positive in tone.
>>
>>929353
>>
women only reveal their true whoring ways when they want something
>>
>>929716

>he thinks satisfying and good are synonymous

i thought about it and i'm right. now you think about why i'm right.
>>
>>929716
It makes sense.

The mass audience of the movie going public wants the structure of introduction of conflict, the actual conflict, and then the climax.

Most combat in real life doesn't adhere to what a Hollywood movie would consider a climax. The violence is random and sporadic. Most men in combat die quick, unromantic deaths, something that isn't safe to do with a film with characters you've been invested in for the last 2 hours. This goes for any film.

This anon is saying that a more realistic ending, with some attempt at authentic combat portrayal, would have been better in the sense of Fury being a history movie with some legitimacy. But for a broad audience, a realistic ending is unfulfilling, because in real combat the enemy doesn't miss all his bullets just because he's shooting at Brad Pitt.
>>
>>929739
Actually for the purposes of a consumer product, yes they are in fact synonymous.

Nobody wants to see your edge-lord nihilismfest about "sizzling dogfood chunks" and "melted fat dripping through the floor hatch and warped steel", therefore no one will see your movie therefore it will not make any money.
Completely defeating the purpose of spending money to make the movie in the first place.

You're not an intellectual for reveling in human suffering and stripping meaning from human existence, you're just the equivalent of a cook that thinks giving his patrons food-poisoning is nobler than feeding them.
>>
>>929353

Just as a warning, posting this picture on /pol/ will get you a three day ban. It triggers the wherboos like nothing else I've ever seen.
>>
>>929784
If I wanted realism I'd watch gun-cam footage on live-leak.

Fury was never a "history movie" in that it was never a documentation of historical events. It was a tale created to entertain.
>>
>>929809
fucking saved but I need a good triggering filename
>>
>>929320
Because of hunger. It happened everywhere in Europe
>>
>>929813
Which is fair enough. My idea of entertainment is something that isn't ham-fisted and cliched.

I don't like it when I watch Brad Pitt take a mauser round to the chest and he goes along perfectly fine.
>>
>>929842
It's not like they are fucking for bread. They are fucking for some sweets or cigarettes.
>>
>>929819
>ayran whore getting culturally enriched.jpeg
>>
>>929846
>sweats
Food
>cigarettes
Addiction

Some drunk girl once told me he would gave me a handjob for a ciggy.
>>
File: 15311750972_30ebca737f_b.jpg (318 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
15311750972_30ebca737f_b.jpg
318 KB, 1024x819
>>929572
>The extremely unrealistic portrayal of combat is the biggest offender,

This scene? /k/ argued about it but walking fire was a real thing, as was advancing behind tanks, assuming that's what you mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7qm4jgqDxE

I thought they did the brutalizing of new guy as well as they could have. How he didn't fire at the kid w/ the panzerfaust was a theme you don't see too often, by the time they were rolling into Germany it was commonplace to be killing children. Most war movies portraying only good and bad guys avoided this.
>>
>>929864
>he
>>
>>929819
>German woman signs her personal surrender as her husband lies dead on the battlefield
>>
>>929846

>It's not like they are fucking for bread.

They were often enough, more specifically for Allied food ration parcels. Cigs can be traded.
>>
>trade
Why did men give German women chocolate bars after aping them?
>>
>>929864
>sweets
>food
Don't be a retard. A chocolate bar isn't going to keep you alive. Chocolate was rare and valuable in many places during WW2. If you were going to suck some dick because you were starving you wouldn't be looking for chocolate bars when you could be doing it for cans of beans or something.
>>
>>929886
>A chocolate bar isn't going to keep you alive.
It's calories brah.
Chocolate bars were literally issued to American soldiers as emergency rations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_chocolate
>>
>>929886
>A chocolate bar isn't going to keep you alive
Even though it contains fats and oils?
>>
>>929895
You'll have runny shits and be hungry again. Better to suck for bread or flour.
>>
>>929893
Again, stop being retarded. The military also issues chewing gum and they used to issue cigarettes. It's added to keep morale up.

>>929895
A chocolate bar doesn't contain nearly enough useful nutrients to make any significant difference. The sugar and caffeine will give you a short burst of energy, but that's about it.
>>
When did they start developing high-energy military chocolate?
>>
File: Panzerschokolade.png (101 KB, 800x359) Image search: [Google]
Panzerschokolade.png
101 KB, 800x359
>>929905
Ask Nazi Germany.
>>
>>929901
>Again, stop being retarded. The military also issues chewing gum and they used to issue cigarettes. It's added to keep morale up.

Did you actually bother to read the wiki article?
>Colonel Logan had four requirements for the D ration Bar. The bar must:

> Weigh 4 ounces (112 g)
>Be high in food energy value
>Be able to withstand high temperatures >Taste "a little better than a boiled potato"

>Taste a little better than a boiled potato
These bars were not created to boost morale, they were an emergency ration.
>>
At least the women got given food and fags in exchange for sex. In the east half the Red Army would rape any woman over 10 in the house and if you were lucky would shoot you afterwards to put you out your misery.
>>
>>929922
What appealing packaging. I would eat the shit out of that.
>>
>>929931
>These bars were not created to boost morale, they were an emergency ration.
They were just energy bars. They were not meant to supplant food in any way, and any non-idiot could see that.
>>
File: zotter-schokoladen.jpg (97 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
zotter-schokoladen.jpg
97 KB, 800x531
>>929943
Zotter Chocolate Company restarted in 1999 after 60 years of Bankruptcy thanks to WWII.

Sadly, no more Methamphetamines in the mix.
>>
>>929958
Ahhhh!
So now they've shifted from being "added to keep morale up" to "just energy bars"!

You have strange conception of what food is my friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 960x1280
>>929943
I've got a beer for you.
>>
>>929901
>A chocolate bar doesn't contain nearly enough useful nutrients to make any significant difference.

That didn't stop people from boiling grass and leaves to make "soup." Compared to that, a military ration chocolate bar is a feast.
>>
>>929320
Because the alternative would be to be raped by Soviet mongols.
>>
>>929867
This wasn't even that bad. Advancing behind tanks was indeed a real thing when moving across open terrain, in fact, it still is. There's even footage from the recent fighting in Ukraine where it's used.

The only questionable part is how disorganized the German ambush is.
>>
>>929819
>>69834684
>>
>>929867

I think the real reason is that at the time of its release at least, it was somewhat popular, so all the most autistic history nerds shat all over any little detail they could to bitch about what a god awful movie it was
>>
>>929958
>They were just energy bars. They were not meant to supplant food in any way, and any non-idiot could see that.

so in other words, an emergency ration
>>
>>929962

The one on top looks like a Reptar Bar.

Also I need to find out if I can acquire some of that in the States.
>>
File: 1454886767082.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
1454886767082.gif
2 MB, 210x155
>>929727
>mfw the History Channel unironically claims that an 88mm could penetrate TWO SHERMANS IN A ROW FROM THE FRONT
>>
>>929572
>being this triggered that Tigers weren't invincible god machines of the battlefield
>>
>>929784
>something that isn't safe to do with a film with characters you've been invested in for the last 2 hours. This goes for any film.
Except it doesn't, it adds danger to the characters in the film. See: Saving Private Ryan. Regardless, there are countless T.V. shows/mini-series that deal with the same concept, such as BoB, The Pacific, GoT, and were well liked by audiences, so no matter how you slice it, you're fucking wrong.
>>
>>930685
>also mfw they say Hitler killed 6shektillion joos
>>
>>929320

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5AkLup1mI
>>
>>929320
Same reason the French did: Trade commodities. Most women who did it were ostracized, but for a hungry, poor girl, a few minutes of sucking dick or laying on her back was worth some cigarettes, chocolate, rations ect. which could feed her or go towards buying tools/equipment/medical ect.
>>
>>929389
yous all sorts of stupid, stopped looking into shit thats not there
>>
>>930750
>GoT
the entire gimmick of the show is "who's gonna die this season?" not to mention it's a fucking fantasy show and you're bringing it up in an argument about accurate portrayal of WW2 combat in movies, jesus christ
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.