[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did ancient people think about semen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sea-man.png (153 KB, 252x288) Image search: [Google]
sea-man.png
153 KB, 252x288
Semen must've seemed pretty damn freaky to people 100+ years ago. You squirt a little bit of magic liquid up a girl's cooch, and bam, another human is manufactured. Very spoopy.
>>
>>928681
Europeans thought it literally contained everything needed to make a child, and the woman just carried it
>>
>>928681
There's been a lot written about semen in historical medical and spiritual texts, there were all kinds of weird theories about it, like it being some magical life essence. So yeah, people did find it spoopy.

Also, the connection between insemination and pregnancy was rarely understood as straightforwadly as it is today.
>>
>>928681
Hebrews - like all fun stuff- are pretty anal about it.
>HURR YOU CANNOT, LIKE, PARTICIPATE IN BATTLE IF YOU HAD SEX THE NIGHT BEFORE
>ITS UNCLEAN AND YOU MUST DO RITUAL BATHING.
Also if you shot big loads, you were considered a degenerate.
>>
>>928707
>magical life essence
>hey if you drink my semen every day you'll live forever

Easiest blowjob ever
>>
Fairly sure the Ancient Egyptian religion was obsessed with semen
>>
I remember reading somewhere that the custom of anointing kings with holy oil started out as anointing with semen from the holy priest guy.
The dude had concluded this by by tracing the etymology of the word anoint in ancient summerian or something.
Wish I could remember where I read this... It was in an actual book not internet.
>>
Some tribes still think you can rimun out of semen and force their young to suck it from the old.
>>
>>928722
>>HURR YOU CANNOT, LIKE, PARTICIPATE IN BATTLE IF YOU HAD SEX THE NIGHT BEFORE
Fighters are superstitious about this too. They think you'll have weak legs if you get off the night before a fight.
>>
>>928955
fun fact: there is a ejaculating-penis hieroglyph
>>
>>928978
Jordan Maxwel, please stop.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.