[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why country has the most depressing history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 21
File: 1457512359809.jpg (163 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457512359809.jpg
163 KB, 767x1024
Why country has the most depressing history?
>>
Vatican city.
>>
Ireland

Inb4 Russia
>>
probably somewhere in the caucases
>>
Croatia
>>
Central Africa.

Niggers.
>>
Probably some shithole like Transnistria or something.
>>
Mexico imo
>>
Russia
>>
Paraguay is pretty rough. Ireland probably takes the cake though
>>
Hungary, especially post-Turkish conquest.
>>
>>928606
Actually it's pretty bright.
>>
Some minor southamerican countries like Bolivia
>>
Ukraine.
>>
Bangladesh or Congo
>>
China
>>
File: armenia.png (408 KB, 648x4040) Image search: [Google]
armenia.png
408 KB, 648x4040
Armenia
>>
Ireland and Ukraine.
>>
>>928567
1/10, only awarded points because such an argument could appeal to edgy atheist teenagers

>>928569
3/10, only gains validity if you're a butthurt Irish nationalist

>>928574
7/10, these are a good contender for most depressing histories. Points lost because some of the Caucasus nations (Armenia, Georgia, etc.) actually have long and proud traditions of faith and culture.

>>928576
4/10, only applies if you're a butthurt Serb

>>928577
7/10, it's on par with West Africa for "biggest African shithole"

>>928582
10/10. This is my answer so obviously I'm correct

>>928599
7/10, it's a semi-functioning state now but it's basically been in a state of fucktation for a good 2/3rds of its history

>>928606
7/10, Russia is THE example of "lost potential"

>>928614
5/10, Paraguay got #rekt by its neighbours but has turned out bretty alright for itself

>>928623
7/10, all in all a decent response but there are just so many more places with even worse histories

>>928634
7/10, "being fucked over by Poles or Russians" doesn't make for an inspiring national story

>>928641
>Bangladesh
5/10, it's a South Asian shithole but really no real worse off than many of its neighbours

>Congo
9/10, it's whole history is basically "how far can we take human oppression and violence?"

>>928642
1/10, only applies if you're a Chinese republican or butthurt conservative

>>928697
See above

>>928698
See above
>>
>>928582
>Probably some shithole like Transnistria or something.
Transnistria isn't even a country.
>>
Somolia to be honest.

>still having civil wars over Christianity and Islam faith.
it's literally where ideology goes to die
>>
>>928711

Who gives a FUCK what you think, guy? More importantly, why do you think anyone does?
>>
>>928720
Because we're bored and he gave a (you)

Sounds like you just got shit on senpai. Go get better taste maybe?
>>
>>928719

Somalia was one of the most advanced regions in the ancient world with a global trade network
>>
There are two kinds, the ones who were great but could have done more and then some shitholes. Spain and Russia would be on the first group and on the other there are many other options, like Paraguay, Ireland or some African shitholes.
>>
I'd say Ireland. There's shit that went on that is completely unknown to even hardcore Irish nationalists, e.g. the Dursey Island massacre.
>>
>>928582
How is that place's history depressing?
>WE IZ SOVIETS BACKED BY MOSCOW;
>WE IZ PART OF THE USSR;
>WE IZ AGAIN SOVIETS BACKED BY MOSCOW;
>>
>>928557
South Africa & The boers
>>
>>928847

I dont think it would be possible for anyone to know of all these incidents, even people with an interest in Irish history can look back on it all and just get the same feeling somebody would get when confronted with yet another middle eastern terrorist bombing in the modern day.
>>
File: 2717px-Roman_East_50-en.svg.png (4 MB, 2717x1595) Image search: [Google]
2717px-Roman_East_50-en.svg.png
4 MB, 2717x1595
>>928711
>only applys if you are a butthurt x
>holds up african countries like they are the shittiest histories
they lack history
which does suck
but then you get long written out historys such as armenia who has been slowly more and more fucked over years of recorded history for little reason beyond them being in the middle of everything important
yeah dem poor black central africans who got genocided over ten years and are in constant strife, over armenia who has been at it since before jesus christ
>>
>>929355
He meant
>7/10, these are a good contender for most depressing histories. Points lost because some of the Caucasus nations (Armenia, Georgia, etc.) actually have long and proud traditions of faith and culture.
>>
File: argentina where did it go wrong.jpg (492 KB, 776x1851) Image search: [Google]
argentina where did it go wrong.jpg
492 KB, 776x1851
>>928557
>>
Poland and Baltic countries
>constantly conquered by Germans or Russians
>finally gain independence after WW1
>get fucked by Germans and Soviets during WW2
>Western Allies abandon you even though you were the reason why they declared war on Germany.
>be a shitty Soviet satellite for the next 50 years
>regain independence
>soviets fucked your country so bad, you're still a fucking shithole and can't recover even after 25 years
>>
>>929408
Holy shit, what the fuck? Okay, now I seriously want to know, what happened to Argentina? Where did it go?
>>
>>928557
The one you are from. Since you can't even write a sentence correctly.
>>
Germany
>>
File: 6752122-3x2-940x627.jpg (74 KB, 940x627) Image search: [Google]
6752122-3x2-940x627.jpg
74 KB, 940x627
>>928557
poland, ukraine, scotland, portugal... pick your poison
all of them were great and filled with great people and all of them were ultimately ravaged by cunning scum and subhuman trash and unlike the slavs for example, that were pretty much always garbage people, those nations i just mentioned were once mighty as fuck so their downfall is even more inglorious
>>
Romania

>conquered by turks and slaughtered
>bombed by Americans in world war 2
>brutal, probably most brutal Communist dictatorship
>now a technocratic government where power is in the hands of the rich
>>
I'm going to guess Korea. Their one shining moment was when they managed not to get BTFO by Japan with Chinese help.
>>
>>928557
Russia
>>
Eww who is that disturbing flat chested girl??
>>
>>929775
Please, in the grand scheme of things, we are small fry when it comes to shitty history.
>>
>>929720
>ukraine
>scotland
>mighty
what
>>
>>929720
>poland, ukraine
>unlike slavs
What the shit?
>>
Persia had pretty shitty downfall, a lot of its culture got appropriated by islam and is now considered with shitskins

Also Poland because its fall was also pretty awful
>>
Canada's history is pretty depressing
>>
>>929933
associated with shitskins*
>>
Greece:
>Top of the world in Antiquity
>Went to shit the second Alexander died
Literally nothing of note happened in that country and it's people after that event and don't even try to bring up the Byzantines. Their legacy is getting cucked and fucked by neighbors.
>>
File: 1457796716819.jpg (11 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1457796716819.jpg
11 KB, 298x292
>>928726
>taste
this isn't /tv/ or /lit/, we're discussing country's histories here
>>
>>929775
can you tell me a little more about romania under communist rule? what made it the most brutal? any good references? i'm interested
>>
>>928557
Republic of Lakotah
>>
>>928557
Scotland
>>
>>929960

Alexander was part of the problem, what with burning thebes and subjugating greece. He also fucked the Pheonicians. Pretty much, fuck Alexander.
>>
>>929433

Last I heard, it was seen off the coast of South Africa. Probably got wrecked on the Cape of Good Hope.
>>
>>930055
very mature
>>
>>930055
>>>/b/
>>
>>928557
Israel/Palestine
>>
>>928557

I would make a case for China
>>
>>929408
>>929433
>>930031
actually yeah, wtf happened to argentina?
>>
Poland.

1655: Sweden invades Poland with the help of the Tartars and Cossacks. Poland is devistated. A population of 10 million is reduced to 6 million.

1700s: Russia, Prussia and Austria fight over Poland. They settle the dispute by dividing Poland into thirds.

1791: Catherine the Great invades Poland to break up its new democracy.*

1793: Russia and Prussia take over half of what is left of Poland.

1795: Poland is non-existent for the next 123 years.

1870s: Russia attempts to eradicate Polish culture, making Russian the official language in the Russian partition. Prussia does the same in their portion of Poland.

1890s: Poland experiences mass emigration due to poverty. Four million out of 22 million Poles emigrate to the United States. This good luck for America.

1915: World War I: Poland becomes a front. Poles were forced into the Russian, German, and Austrian armies and forced to fight against one another.

1919: The Polish-Soviet War.

1926: Pilsudski makes himself dictator of Poland.
>>
>>931589
1930s: Poland signs a nonaggression pacts with Germany and the Soviet Union.

1939: Germany and the Soviet Union sign a nonaggression pact.

1939: Hitler and the Soviet Union invade Poland. Mass arrests, executions, and exiles begin.

1940: The Katyn Massacre was a mass execution of Polish nationals carried out by the Soviet secret police. The massacre was approved by Stalin. The number of victims is estimated at about 22,000,

1941: Poland remains under the Nazi regime for the next three years. Many Poles are deported to labor camps. The Polish intelligentsia are executed. The Germans exterminate Poland's three million Jews.

1941: The Nazis also killed roughly five million gentiles as part of Generalplan Ōst.

1944: The planned destruction of Warsaw occurred while Russian "rescuers" prevented the Allies from helping. The capital was destroyed, every monument, every historical building, every church, every library and the entire national archives. The city was rebuilt by the Soviets into a soulless grey nightmare during the Cold War.

1945: The Soviet Union, the United States and Great Britain meet at Yalta and agree to leave Poland under Soviet control.

1990: Prices in Poland rise by 250%, with incomes dropping by 40%.

2010: A Polish plane crashed in Russia killing all 96 people on board, including the president and former president, the chief of the Polish General Staff, the president of the Bank of Poland, Poland's deputy foreign minister, 15 members of parliament and senior members of the Polish clergy. Russian involvement is suspected by many.
>>
>>928557
china, korea, japan

all far east country are depressing in their own way

china could go into industriallization 3 centuries before europe if were not for song falling to the mongols. Then it westernized too late, got gang cucked hard by europe, then by commie bandits and japan, then by itself.

korea, who even gives a fuck about their history, only noteworthy thing is turtle ship, still tragic as nips annexed them for almost half a century

japan, couldve been the only orient country to live through to the modern age unscraped with a piece of proud national identity, now only known for weird shit and anime
>>
>>928719
Somalia has a 100 percent islam rate and the Civil war ended in 1996.

None of the factions involved were fighting over religion.
>>
File: 1456552335810.jpg (35 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
1456552335810.jpg
35 KB, 640x481
>>929433
>>929433
>>931581
American neoliberal interventionism.
>>
File: it_will_get_worse.jpg (158 KB, 634x422) Image search: [Google]
it_will_get_worse.jpg
158 KB, 634x422
>>928557
Haiti, natural disasters and instability will rule that country. That and the Dominicans won't take them. They're doomed to die on that shitty half of the island.
>>
>>928557
Armenia
>>
>>931713
Doubtful.
>>
>>928712

Moldova as a whole is though, and that's my vote.
>>
>>931713
heard that the new female pm is giving free healthcares to non citizens or somethin, its neoliberalism alraight

>>931732
>>
File: 1450514181522.jpg (1 MB, 4032x1560) Image search: [Google]
1450514181522.jpg
1 MB, 4032x1560
>>931732
>>931746
mericuh dindu nuffin!
>>
>>931746
That's like like saying Germany was never Nazi because modern Germany isn't Nazi.
>>
America hasn't had the most miserable history.
The future doesn't look too good though.
So in 2076, America will have had the miserable history.
>>
The state of denial
>>
>>931644

> China

Pretty much recovered from Mao's reforms through Deng's reforms, cucked the Brits and took back HK including land ceded to them in perpetuity, and became the world's second largest economy so I guess in the words of Mao it "stood up again". So yeah despite all the pollution, communism and shit I would say the history of post Mao China isn't too bad, as even events like Tiananmen is child play compared to I dunno the Taiping riots, Japanese invasion and the Cultual revolution. Overall it's modern history is a mixture of great tragedy and triumph.

> South Korea

Democratic state that is highly developed and successful, however if we are talking about Korea as a whole not so much. I guess in terms of modern history Korea is a mixture between total success and total failure.

>Japan

It's modern history up until its defeat in WW2 was pretty glorious, however after its defeat its military got neutered by the U.S and became a Western puppet as opposed to the Asian superpower it was poised to become. Attempted to become economic superpower in the second half of the 20th century, managed to become very developed and wealthy but fell into a recession that continued on till today. Overall pretty nice modern history, but depressing in that it could have became a superpower twice, but failed both times and is still under the control of a country that nuked it twice today.
>>
File: y3ntgKIWG1r.png (52 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
y3ntgKIWG1r.png
52 KB, 500x409
My vote goes to Columbia
>ridiculous amount of resources
>perfect geographic location
>greatly influenced by Spain, France and the UK
but then
>get independent
>break down into 3 countries
>100 years of intermittent war between conservatives and liberals
>lose Panama
>40 years of relative peace and economic growth
>next 20 years of more political violence between conservatives and liberals
>Jungle commies show up and fuck up the country up till now
>>
Albania
>>
File: latvia.png (26 KB, 1095x805) Image search: [Google]
latvia.png
26 KB, 1095x805
>>928557
Latvia?
>>
>>932586
>tfw reigned by DOOM
>>
File: 1452581518023.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1452581518023.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
>>931589
>>931590
damn...
>>
>>932586
That was hilarious
>>
>>931949
Colombia never stood a chance the majority of the populace is triracial followed by blacks followed by injuns, the climate is a tropical hell and its located in the middle of the continent far away from the developed American countries located in the northernmost and southernmost regions.
This is coming from a latin American.
>>
>>931761
b-but co-colonization is e-evil anon, why you want civilization? why no multiculture and rape your country? let negroids in pls. thanks.
>>
south asia for always getting taken over

but hawaii Id say along with the new world.
>>
>>929433
>>931581
Argentinian here, I know you humanities losers like to pretend human biology has no effect on human societies but the Argentina of those pictures was almost exclusively composed of Spanish and Italian immigrants and first generation borns, modern Argentina is a little over half mixed race as shown by genetic studies(its actually worse than it sounds because of the distribution of those % since old people inflate the unmixed number), we got fucked over by immigration from Latin American shitholes, well actually we didn't get fuck over in a sense that pure blood Europeans still live in relatively wealth but now we look bad on statistics because mestizos are the majority.
>>
>>932689
>this change happened literally in only 20 years
>>
>>932707
There was an economic decline caused by the end of the world wars but yeah in the long run the mass migrations of less educated people, with an inferior culture and a genetic tendency to develop low IQs sealed the deal.
Compare the national IQ of Paraguay and Bolivia (lower than american black IQ) and compare it to Italy's and specially northern Italy's IQ which is the highest in Europe.
Lets get real for a second /his/
>>
>>929408
>All that infrastructure and railroads
I do not know much about Argentina, but my country was full of railroads and amazing infrastructure from colonial times. We had a shit tons of trains and railroads because they were used primary to move the agrarian products. After the 40's we quickly industrialized and most people started to do government jobs and all that infrastructure died with the agriculture. Today we only have one train and it is for the metropolitan faggots.
>>
>>932719
>There was an economic decline caused by the end of the world wars
No, in the 40s+ we were wealthy

There were like 7 coups in a row that fucked up the country beyond repair

the nigger immigration was the final nail to the coffin from around 90% white to 50 something % between the 90s and now. In only 26 years the demographics changed dramatically

The kirchner handed taxpayer money to niggers like it was candy, an average nigger family gets 5 welfare plans 1 per unemployment, 1 per kid, 1 per kid that goes to school, 1 per unemployed family (when both are) and the last one i dont remember i think it was if they earn less than x money per month

They also gifted them free retirement pension even tho they never worked which of course came from the peopel who do work

They fucking get more than min wage by having kids and theres no fucking restriction for foreingers

We are literally being genocided
>>
>>932737
Spain was under a dictatorship for longer than we did and they turned out fine, its the niggers.
>>
>>928557
Belgium... we have been conquered or used as mercenaries for literally millenia... and when we were given our own country in 1830, it was just so the french, british and germans could further test their military equipment over here...
>>
>ctr+f "cambodia"
>0 results

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>932744
We had almost 100 years of dictatorships and the country barely has 200 years

Spain is an irrelevant small country Argentina has a massive extensions natural resources etc fucking it up is more of a priority

and of course, now europe is getting the EXACT same treatment we got so we ll see how they do when half their population is nigger and or muslim

and yes fuck niggers
>>
>>931716

Those guys at front centre look like they're doing the moonwalk.
>>
>>932748
At least you have a bright future ahead :^)
>>
>>932757
I think the type of goverment is completely irrelevant to a nation's wellbeing as long as the economy has a reasonable amount of freedom, its all about the human capital and the economic freedom.
>>
>>932766
>I think the type of goverment is completely irrelevant to a nation's wellbeing as long as the economy has a reasonable amount of freedom, its all about the human
Freedom my ass

what freedom? instead of the state who is supposed to serve its citizens its multinationals who seek profit the one that dictates everything

Prices have gone up steadily since the 90s and it has never stopped and everything is dollarized since all major companies got privatized during the 90s

The highest peak of income for people has always been the times the government kicked the private capitals asses

also kill yourself
>>
>>932775
>The highest peak of income for people has always been the times the government kicked the private capitals asses
Name a single high income country where that happens.
>>
>>928697
a-are those hands?

discarded

not saving this one
>>
>>932748
belgium has no reason to exist, it's the memest country, but you don't have that bad of a history
>>
File: gov.png (43 KB, 1032x556) Image search: [Google]
gov.png
43 KB, 1032x556
>>932790

>Name a single high income country where that happens.
It doesnt happen anymore and guess what?

Name a country whose population with the exception of the tiny top isn't getting poorer

You can't
>>
>>931590
and yet poles are still pulling through
impressive tbqh
ps their anthem is dope
>>
>>929408
>independence from colonialism
>not even once
>>
>>929868
Only if we aren't talking of the Best Korea.
>>
>>929937
It's not depressing, it's comfy.

>inb4 natives internet defense force
>>
>>928615
oyy
>>
>>928557
Poland, or Central African Republic
>>
>>931831
By that time America will have had been.

>whites minority soon
>right now liberals take it jokingly
>"lol poor whitey finally gonna feel what everyone else had to :("
>but after the fact everyone will suffer
I honestly wnoder what will become of America.
>>
>>932737
>the kirchner handed tax payer money to niggers and that's what caused economic decline
Wrong,the thing that fucked the country over was all the nepotism and invented jobs on the state (meaning those jobs don't produce anything,they are just burocratic inventions) and corruption.Millions of millions of dollars handed over to Kirchner sympathizers.My father was one of them so I know what I'm talking about,imagine keeping a relationship with a person like that.
Also,the AFIP persecuting people who work for real for more money strangled the real economy to a point that became unbearable. The state sucking the money out of the middle class to feed the lower and high class
Peronism created the illusion of freedom and growth,when in reality it's just a process in which they exploit natural resources to the point of exhaustion,causing an economical crisis just after they finish their term so they can blame the next government and come back in 4 years.
Also,Peronism is a fugazzi,it doesn't have a clear definition,so when they lose they just blame the previous peronist government and say it wasn't really peronist,so their regroup with a new name and story repeats itself. The opposition also contributes to all this process by being useless leaders that can't do anything but suck the first world's dick.
Argentina is beyond saving,leave it there to rot in the dust.
Also,the Kirchner kept the middle class happy with vacations and little rises to hold them from revolting,they are all at fault,they are all despicable and the country's mentality in general is what's keeping it from restoring itself.
>>
>>928557
Poland has my vote
>>
>>929408
>Argentina
>white
>>
Why is Poland the most mentioned?
>>
File: KhanKrum.jpg (125 KB, 648x1024) Image search: [Google]
KhanKrum.jpg
125 KB, 648x1024
Bulgaria. Start from Thrace around 1000BC - internal conflicts, various tribes fighting each other, no unity, if kingdom is established it lasts for around 300 years and collapses under foreign rule. Massive amount of external influence and puppet rulers.
Odrysian kingdom - then under Greek rule and influence, Thracian kingdom - then under roman rule and influence Bulgarian empire - then under Byzantine, Bulgarian tsardom - then under Ottomans.
Modern day Bulgaria, since 1878 - period of commie influence, now under NATO sphere influence.
>>
>>929775

> Conquered by Turks and slaughtered
So were Armenians, Serbs, Greeks, Albanians, Arabs, Anatolians, Hungarians etc etc.

Armenians and Greeks ended up having a far worse time of it than you.

> Bombed by Americans
You were an Axis power, what do you expect. Bombing of Romania hardly comes close to destruction of Sofia, let alon the true areas od destruction like Hiroshima or Dresden.

>Communism
Ceausescu was a nasty fucker, I'll give you that.

>now a technocratic government where power is in the hands of the rich
Romanias governments not the greatest in the world obviously but it could be A LOT worse, got high, niave hopes for Iohannis.Noroc
>>
>>932744

> Spain
> Turned out fine

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>932744
Yeah 20.9% of unemployment.

We are great!!
>>
>>932689
Brazillian here, by the 70's we also had a pretty good white majority, but then democracy happened. Also the transition of Conservative Dictatorship to neoliberal was pretty rough
>>
>>932900
Because Poles are professional victims.
>>
>>932946
That is retarded, Poland was pretty good for a good while and nowadays is not nearly as bad as the polea think it is.
>>
>>932923
Why do Americans think Spain is Mexico?
>>
>>929433
It stalled, and for decades couldn't find a place in the world. Still has potential though.
>>
>>928557
I'd say Peru tbhfam

>cultural center of South America for centuries
>on the verge of expansion into Central America
>instead the Spanish come and fuck you hard
>original culture and history disappear except for a few stone structures in the mountains
>continue getting fucked for 300 years
>finally gain independence
>have to resort to exporting literal shit to stay alive
>fall deep into debt and get fucked by wars ever since
>>
listen to penderecki's cello concerto no.1 and tell me the polish soul isn't fucked
>>
>>933005
But it isn't. The polish people and culture have survived to date, even when their country was under occupation for centuries. And still they are rebuilding fast and experiencing great growth.
I find the polish people incredibly resilient, considering what has happened to them over the ages.
>>
>>933005
That music is pretty fucked though what the hell
>>
File: TR_85_Roumanie_11.jpg (81 KB, 950x589) Image search: [Google]
TR_85_Roumanie_11.jpg
81 KB, 950x589
>>930003
not that guy but it wasn't really brutal
in the 50 it was a typical stalinist dictatorship
in the second half of the 60 there was a great liberalization and it became a much more open society
in the 80 the secret services were monitoring everyone and a large percentage of the population were informants, there was a strict censorship and the leaders figure was everywhere. it wasn't brutal but by late 80s you had to sit in line to buy food, the TV program was only 2 hours daily (compared to 18 hours or something like that in the 70s), electricity was frequently cut and there was little hot water. so unpleasant was a better word.
the worst part was that abortions were illegal and there were no contraceptives other than condoms and even those were rare and of really poor quality
>>
>>932883
>Wrong,the thing that fucked the country over was all the nepotism and invented jobs on the state
>arguing about economic when i talk how the literally filled us with nigger equalizing our crime statistics with all the rest of the continent

>Also,the Kirchner kept the middle class happy with vacations and little rises to hold them from revolting,they are all at fault,they are all despicable and the country's mentality in general is what's keeping it from restoring itself.
>The kirchner did literally everything wrong
>its the people
that cognitive dissonance

I agree argentine people from this day of age tend to be completely mediocre but all the governments for the past what? 70 years have been terrible

What we have today is the last stage of a long process

and peronism is working for foreign powers but which group, they did everything the US would have wanted but were sided with china and Rusia

It makes no sense
>>
>>932951
What ranking is that?

Some freedom thingy?
>>
>>929408
>>932726
>>932719
>>932737
>>932883
This shit makes me sad to no ends.

And I'm from the other side of the planet from Argentina. I couldn't have given 2 shits about the country before what I learned ITT.

Man Europe is following the exact same path, but on a larger and slower scale :(
>>
>>929775
Yeah, it's not like you weren't given territories after both of the wars.
>>
>>932981
Saying Peru=Inca is like saying Italy=Rome, Babylon=Iraq or Egypt=ancient Egypt
>>
Elamites
>>
>>933302
No,I nit a cognitive dissonance,they gave the middle class the necessary means just to keep them calm.But there was no possibility for development
>>
Haiti
>>
>>928557
Baltic "countries"
>>
>>928557
Holy shit, I think I know this girl. Either that or it's a doppelganger.

This is so weird.
>>
>>933525
Lucky.
>>
>>933542
Wouldn't call it that, it's just bizarre. Where the hell did it come from?
>>
>>933547
Where the hell did what come from?
>>
>>933555
This picture. I'm trying to imagine what kind of path it must have taken to end up here, as the offtopic starter of some /his/ thread. I don't even browse this board, I randomly saw it on the front page.

Never seen a person I know on 4chan before, it's very strange.
>>
>>933570
You need to fuck her.

It's a sign.
>>
>>933583
No, I already have a gf and she has a bf who I also know.

Incidentally, stuff like this is exactly why I'd never post any kind of picture of any of my partners on the internets.
>>
>>932951

I'm European
>>
>>933591
Then cuck her bf.
>>
Armenia and Ireland.
>>
>all these people naming European countries

this board is fucking awful tBh
>>
>>933653
Great contribution familia.
>>
>>928711
Nobody cares
>>
Cherokee nation, trail of tears senpai
>>
>>928557
Romania.
>Tribal Warfare from Ancient Greece to Rome
>Roman Frontier
>Treated like shit by the Byzantine Empire.
>Early adopters of Black Death from the Silk Road.
>Caught between the Ottomans the Christians, constantly being conquered by one or the other.
>World War I
>World War II (fought the Nazi and lost, then joined the Nazi to fight the Soviets, and lost again).
>Soviet Union's bitch
>Fall of Russia, economic depression
>Gypsies.

Honestly, if you told me I was going to be placed at a random country at a random time (during human civilization), and you have me one country I could take off the list, I think I'd go with Romania.

>Mainland China would be a close second.
>Greece gets honorable mention.
>>
china
>>
>>928557
Syria
>>
>>929408
>>929433
Latin american populism.
>>
Cyprus.
>>
Germany.
Constantly cucked and beaten besides having good potential + turning into a muslim shithole.
>>
>>928557
How do we judge that?
Shitty quality of life for people living in it?
Shitty downfall into irrelevance?
Never being relevant and being wrecked and occupied by its neighbours for most of recent history?
Victim of some kind of genocide?
>>
>>933927
>Germs
>Good potential

Serves them right for starting and losing both world wars.
>>
>>932744
>>932951

Spain politicians are direct inheritors of the fascist government. No, it is not a joke, the main right wing party was created by Manuel Fraga, an important member of the fascist government, and still nowadays is at best ambiguous about the extreme right wing past and ideas.

When not saying that the Republic, the democratic government who lost against the fascist rebel army, was worse than the dictatorship.

The left wing party is not much better, always trying to not be too left winged.

Also, corruption is rampant among the politicians, who also have heavy control over the media, and have reduced all kinds of freedom in favour of power and money.
>>
No Iraq?
Cradle of civilization, that gave us foundations in nearly every field of science and philosophy, once hosted greatest cities on world...
and now it only hosts misery and muslims
>>
Israel
>>
>>931590
Went to Poland just a few years ago. It was a really nice place with kind, welcoming people. God bless the superior Polish master race.
>>
Funland :DD
>>
>>928557
Liberia or Haiti
>>
Portugal could have emerged again in the XX century, but USA and the Soviets fucked them over.

France had the potential to be much better than it was.
>>
>>931590
>2010: A Polish plane crashed in Russia killing all 96 people on board

To make that a *real* national tragedy is ludacris. President Kaczynski was very unpopular to say the least. Most people who died where from the political party affiliated with him (also very upopular).

>Russian involvement is suspected by many.

Thats a conspiracy theory as credible as 9/11 did by the Bush Family/Jews/Reptilians.
>>
>>934136
If your goal was to fight against that part to make Poland not seem as depressing then you've failed. Your post is literally >>932586

>polak gets told his parents died in a car crash
>"finally"
>>
>>928614
I lived there for a year from 2003 to 2004. It's very poor but not like Bolivia at least. People are very nice too and there's some amazing yet affordable food.
>>
File: 1450806373709.gif (3 MB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
1450806373709.gif
3 MB, 291x300
>>928711
>replying to every post

stop doing this
>>
>>928557
Germany
>>
File: 1458767948036.png (108 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458767948036.png
108 KB, 250x250
>>933957
The original Falange was fascist, the coalition that ruled under Franco was conservative/reactionary. They only took the name.
>>
>>934101
Haiti got what it deserved.

Liberia was fucked from the start.
>>
>>931589
>1919: The Polish-Soviet War
this wasnt a tragedy, we triumphed over the Bolsheviks with alot of proud moments like The Mircale of the Vistula. We succesfully defended our nation.

But look at us now, our future is bright

Also

>JESCZE POLSKA NIE ZGINEŁA
>>
>>929408
>>932689
I always laugh since they are so proud of something they had but never experienced.
>>
>>931589
>>931590
Poland got "invaded" because Polish people were killing Germans and the Polish government didn't act on it. Of course all the superpowers took advantage of that.
>>
Poland.
>>
>>928599
This is been all downhill since the arrive of Spain
>>
>>928557
Bolivia, literally founded as the personal ranch of a Libertador and then cucked by Chile, Brasil and even fucking Paraguay

A shithole then, a shithole now
>>
>>928557
Haiti.

No contest.
>>
>>929960
yes, let's forgot that they had their own Roman Empire. Greek history ended in 300 BC mkay
>>
>>933813
They still managed to fuck over Hungary.
>>
>>937229
This.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_debt_of_Haiti
Also fuck France for making shitholes into bigger shitholes. This is happening even today with their former colonies in Africa.
http://www.siliconafrica.com/france-colonial-tax/
>>
>>929937
>Canada
>History

Lulz
>>
>>937400

>we wuz inuits and shit

>british and french come and fight each other

>burn down the white house but get chased away by hurricanes because Americans are God's chosen people

>WE WERE AT VIMY RIDGE

>juno beach?

>and then nothing for 70 years

There you have it.
>>
>>928557
Ireland.

Tiocfaidh ar lá.
>>
>>929433

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/what-happened-to-argentina/

Populism. Also something about commodities and general ineptitude.
>>
>>937369
France is the reason French Africa isn't as much of a shithole as the rest of Africa, and free of any major wars, genocides, or other humanitarian disasters.
>>
>>937369
>>937502
Oh and nice we wuz tier African conspiracy website you got there btw.
>>
>>933467

Income inequality-adjusted HDI I think.
>>
>>929416

I'm from Estonia and this sums up our whole history.
Ancestors were wealthy and then the Soviet came, took it all and sent most people to Siberia.

Nowadays Estonia claims "no debts" but that means shit to us when the minimum wage is 360€ / month and health insurance covers only the bare minumum.
>>
File: randomgermantown.jpg (257 KB, 1400x470) Image search: [Google]
randomgermantown.jpg
257 KB, 1400x470
Germany of course. It's the very heart of Europe, and the continent's future depends on it.

Judging by how awesome Germany performed even after being raped in large scales wars on multiple occasions in different centuries, its certain future dissolution will seal the fate of the Western hemisphere for good.
>>
>>937722
Germany has always been the butthurt outsider trying to destroy everything because he can't be part of it. About as much the heart of Europe as Russia or Mongolia.
>>
>>937882

t. Slavic subhuman
>>
>>937346
Like that's hard. Everyone managed to fuck over Hungary. Even at the height of their power it wasn't a particularly strong or centralized realm.
>>
>>937899
t. Slavic subhuman rapechild

Back to kc with you ronny.
>>
>>937939
t. Slavic mongolid alcoholic's rapechild
>>
>>937722
>filthy barbarians responsible for dozens of wars and disasters in europe
>"""heart of europe""""

pick 1
>>
>>937986
I'm not saying they're angels. For example instead of selling Slavs as sex toys to the Arabs, they should have just genocided them.
>>
Azerbaijan. Has oil and still a shit hole.
>>
Armenia
Bulgaria
Hungary
Ireland
>>
>>931590
2016: Poland is a nationalistic shithole which is being ruled by people who are currently in the process of getting rid of the separation of powers to obtain absolute control, and trying their hardest to get kicked out of the European Union
>>
In terms of which country got it worst, you could pick many small countries, especially in Europe.

In terms of deeds, USA without a shred of doubt (OK maybe UK). In all its history US has NOT been in wars only for 2 (two) years!!!!
>>
I would like to see your face expression when you realize how much slavic DNA is in the German blood :P
>>
>>928557
Gotta go Poland.
>>
>>928557
Russia or China
>>
>>928557

1. Poland and other ex-soviet block countries.
2. Palestine.
>>
>>928557
Carthage? I mean they had their lands salted and shit
>>
>>929720
>scotland
How the fuck is the history of Scotland depressing?
>>
>>934136
>the elected and previously elected presidents are both very unpopular

i'm pretty sure your opinion =/= majority's opinion
>>
>>932794
the hands and meme face ruined an otherwise nice meme
>>
Peru
>>
>>939738

They voted no to independence
>>
>>928711
god he must be right
look at all of his replys, he must know what hes talking about
>>
>>937722
I don't know about Hitler but Merkel conquered Europe in a way her predecessors could've never imagined. Germany got the last laugh in the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1832x3508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1832x3508
>>939569
>implying thats a bad thing
Both of us hate those spineless cucks in the EU
>>
>>931590
Ironically your continued survival is proof that the Nazis were right.

As long as the founding stock remains, you can rebuild your nation every time.
>>
File: 1439954492641.png (811 KB, 800x560) Image search: [Google]
1439954492641.png
811 KB, 800x560
>>928711
>the autist who replies to EVERY fucking post in the thread
>>
>>941388
By filling itself up with brown rapists?

What's the next step in your master plan?
>>
>>942626
crashing the european economy with no survivors?
>>
>>937497
I first posted this article on 4chan a while ago. I like it for its description but hos conclusion at the end is basically causation=correlation. The comments are nice too tho
>>
Egypt
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.