[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Quetzalcoatl? He was described as a bearded white
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Quetzalcoatl01.jpg (173 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
Quetzalcoatl01.jpg
173 KB, 600x467
Redpill me on Quetzalcoatl? He was described as a bearded white man who taught the Aztecs many things? Did whites influence many cultures that we did not know they had? I also read about blonde haired people in Peru I think.
>>
HOL UP NIGGA SO U BE SAYIN WE WUZ ENLIGHTENING THE NEW WORLD AND SHIT????!?
>>
>>927137
*spreads smallpox*
>>
File: angry-white-men[1].jpg (43 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
angry-white-men[1].jpg
43 KB, 400x257
>>927131
>>
>>927131
>I also read about blonde haired people in Peru I think.

I remember seeing someone on /pol/ saying we wuz incas because of red-haired corpses in Peru. However, red hair can develop in black-haired individuals due to malnutrition, which seems like the most parsimonious explanation.
>>
As far as I've been able to tell, those claims about Quetzalcoatl are pretty much bullshit. No Mesoamerican documents describe him that way, and no Spanish documents talk about it, either, until well after the conquest had happened. And in that context, it was mostly the Spanish talking about how the Aztecs thought of Cortez as a god. It probably started as a colorful way for Spaniards to justify the conquest.
>>
File: 1459013770778.jpg (619 KB, 1035x1359) Image search: [Google]
1459013770778.jpg
619 KB, 1035x1359
>>927131
>>
>>927131
>He was described as a bearded white man who taught the Aztecs many things?
The only reference where he is described that way is in the chronicle of Bernal Díaz del Castillo.
Pic related is a pre-Columbian depiction of Quetzalcoatl (he's on the right).
>>
>>927131

I'm pretty sure Quetzalcoatl was a feathered flying snake.
>>
File: Quetzalcoatl_magliabechiano.jpg (93 KB, 812x750) Image search: [Google]
Quetzalcoatl_magliabechiano.jpg
93 KB, 812x750
>>928520
And here's a colonial depiction.
>>
WE
WUZ
GODZ
AN
SIHIEED
>>
>>928551
>>927131

Wow, I'm seeing double, 2 Jesuses!
>>
File: caral-art.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
caral-art.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>927131
>I also read about blonde haired people in Peru I think.
Some people from ancient peru painted their hair blonde or red.
For example in the caral and paracas civilizations.
Like we can see in these 4500 years old idols from caral civilization
>>
>Viracocha was described as "a man of medium height, white and dressed in a white robe like an alb secured round the waist, and that he carried a staff and a book in his hands."[7]

I believe they were describing Noah.
>>
>>931499

Did Noah have a book? I thought antedilluvian society was pre-literate.
>>
>>931517
Idk, but If you compare genesis to Viracocha legends it's kind of mind blowing. Obviously as migrations happened and the stories were passed down some things probably changed like a game of telephone.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.