[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does "authenticity" mean, in a naive sense?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: crazy homeless.jpg (458 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
crazy homeless.jpg
458 KB, 1280x800
What does "authenticity" mean, in a naive sense?
>>
*sniff
>>
>>926445
>>926450
I suppose it is about acting in accord with internal impulses and desires.
>>
>>927993
Is that your claim?
>>
>>928003
Sure.
>>
>>926450
and so on and so on...
>>
Doing whatever you feel like when you feel like it
Naivety is bad, one should strive to return to the commonplace worldview after departing from it, but not to simply remain within that worldview from the beginning. You know, this is the *sniff* violence of liberation.
>>
>>926445
in accordance to what is real; truthful, closer to the source, genuine
>>
>>926445
Pretending you can implement platonic ideals in this fallen world.
>>
that the justification is internal
>>
>>926445
Knowing what is socially expected of you in a certain situation but acting on your impulses/desires/beliefs regardless.
>>
>>926445
just bee yourself
>>
>>928218
>implying those ideals do not emanate from the part of the human being that is not fallen, nor perishable

if you acknowledge platonic ideals you acknowledge the soul and god.
>>
>>928266
Where did he imply that?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.