[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, there were like 2 times the angels were fallen from heaven?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
this one time when satan(lucifer) who did rebell against god before the creation of earth, and that one time when the angels did create with the human beings giants called the "nihilism" or whatever
>>
why are angels such irresponsable creatures
>>
>>1108602
Nephelim.

And it's not specific enough on what "Sons of God, Sons of Man" means for it to be Angels, but one can infer that because Angels are immaterial and finite in power that they cannot mate with humans and as such, weren't the Sons of God. Personally I think Sons of God are ensouled Humans and Sons of Man are some soulless other species of extinct hominid, and the declaration of 120 year max lifespans by God is an explanation for humanity's longevity being shortened by breeding with a genetically inferior species.
>>
>>1108602
Yes the first fall which was the rebellion by Satan and the second fall which happened when god cast down the angels who laid with the daughters of man creating the nephilim a breed of giants who consumed everything, including people. It is also speculated that Goliath was a descendent of this race.
>>
>>1108602
Are you drunk?
And did you fail Sunday School?

>>>/b/

"But dad, /his/ said Judas killed Kennedy."
>>
This is why the Book of Enoch should have made it into the canon. I hardly ever quibble with the makeup of the Bible but there's so much shit in Genesis that's clarified by Enoch.
>>
>>1108622
well lets say this, the possibilities were there and no one had ever done that before, so it was kinda perfect and boring I guess

It just had to be for some reasons, because there wasn't a bad exemplar that far until lucifer thougt he should be the one, and many other reasons
but god also just knew what would happen
But what Im wondering about is, if god ever exterminated a soul
but I guess so
>>
>>1108602
Angels are fictional characters and so is lucifer.
>>
>>1108685
One can infer this. That doesn't mean one ought to.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 625x626
>>1108689
"See, my son, this is called bait and the other people are called fish. Everyone knows Dillenger killed Kennedy."

(Select all the images with rivers)
>>
>>1108689
just fuk off
>>
Just spitballing, but what if the "Sons of God" are spirits that aren't angels?

What if they're all the old deities of the ancient pantheons and such? What if they're animal spirits and nature spirits?

There's nothing in the Bible that says the angels are the ONLY spiritual beings God made.
>>
>>1108602
The sons of God are the descendents of Seth.

The daughters of man are the descendants of Cain.

The Nephilim are children of mixed families.
>>
>>1108705
Plenty of celestial beings who aren't angels if you believe in the celestial hierarchies. It's just hasn't been popular for a long time.
>>
>>1108705
There's nothing that says he made more.

Sure Muslims have Djinn, but Djinn are pretty much just demons which Christians believe are just Chaotic Evil Angels.
>>
>>1108719
There's nothing that says he made THEM. The creation of the angels isn't detailed in the Bible. This is actually one of the main reasons Augustine was opposed to taking Genesis completely literally.
>>
>>1108725
God created everything, thus he created the angelic. Otherwise if Angels are self-sustaining in their existance like God is, why would Lucifer cry "Non Serviam?" If his nature was truly equal to God, then there would be no need to serve, for you only serve a superior.
>>
>>1108685
>Sons of God
more like sons of El. these are the gods. but a more monotheistic interpretation would have them as angels. you can see this in the Book of Enoch which although noncanonical I think gives a good idea of what Jews in the last few centuries B.C. believed about the story
>>
>>1108602
The second part is referring to humans like you that followed God and were more advanced than the rest of humanity back then.

Angels only fallen once, before Creation of our world.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.