[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mysterious Marvels of the Ancient World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8
File: 1462215626509.jpg (415 KB, 800x1204) Image search: [Google]
1462215626509.jpg
415 KB, 800x1204
Inspired by the thread about Göbekli Tepe that just died, let's have another one.

Everything is fair game.

SITES: Puma Punku, Lake Titicaca, Bimini Road, Yonaguni Monument, Oak Island, OBJECTS: Kensington Runestone, Devil's Bible, Antikythera Mechanicm
CRYPTOGRAPHY: Rongorongo Tablets, Voynich Manuscript, Rohonc Codex, Phaistos Disk

If it's ancient and stumbles us as to its making or purpose, it belongs here!
>>
Previous OP:

let's talk about this
it is honestly the most remarkable archaeological find in my opinion

here is what we know

>megalithic structure, built around 9 500 BC
>older than Stonehenge by 6 000 years
>bigger and more impressive than Stonehenge
>built by hunter-gatherers
>I'll repeat: built by hunter-gatherers
>built before agriculture, before writing, before the wheel
>deliberately buried and left around 8 000 BC

so what do you think?
people think it's spoopy because it was deliberately abandoned and buried
but I think it was the proto-Sumerians who left it when they developed agriculture in the Syrian area
I don't remember the site, but there is a village south of Göbekli Tepe where the earliest evidence of grain cultivation is found
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta

Turns out the entire fucking Amazon rainforest is man-made.
>>
File: 800px-GobeklitepeHeykel.jpg (224 KB, 800x1277) Image search: [Google]
800px-GobeklitepeHeykel.jpg
224 KB, 800x1277
This is fascinating, especially the predator structure built on the rock.

Any recommended materials to read on this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe
>>
>>1107700
Okay this is fascinating.
>>
>>1107700
>Thousands of years after its creation it has been reported to regenerate itself at the rate of 1 centimeter (0.39 in) per year[12] by the local farmers and caboclos in Brazil's Amazonian basin, who seek it for use and for sale as valuable potting soil.
>charcoal, bone, and manure able to regenerate.
>at a rate of 1 cm a year no less.

What? This is the craziest thing I've ever heard.
>>
File: Gunung_Padang_Site.jpg (187 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Gunung_Padang_Site.jpg
187 KB, 1024x768
Well you asked for the crazy stuff, so don't come complaining to me that your civilization timeline doesn't makes sense later.

One point that doesn't get touched often is erosion, there aresome ruins that are so eroded , that just couldn't be made of natural rocks cause naturals rocks of the same material, and at the same sites didn't eroded as far at the ruins.

A good example of this Cappadocia.

There's also sites with dates that don't make sense like Gunung Padang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunung_Padang_Megalithic_Site
>>
File: nuraghe_arrubiu_(9).jpg (181 KB, 1024x624) Image search: [Google]
nuraghe_arrubiu_(9).jpg
181 KB, 1024x624
>>1107599
The Nuraghi.

There's 8000 of them and no one knows their function, most of them are towers, but there are also hundreds of castle-like ones, though only a some of those could have been used as fortresses, because if a fire is lit in a tower the room becomes smokey quite fastand thus not inhabitable.

Some suggest that they were astronomical observatories or temples but there is no agreement on their original function.
>>
The underground city of Cappadocia.

Underground cities in general.

Who build them?

How and why?

If you can make something so advanced why not living above ground.

You can't repress your cave dwelling genes?

What was so scary that you had to build an entire city underground?

Ancient cold war perhaps?

Maybe they were in the middle of an ice age.

The main problem is the erosion, some parts that were originally underground are on the outside now for the extreme erosion of the rock, and it's not soft rock, meaning that they could be much older, or completely artificial, even both.
>>
>>1111025

Cause its a natural insulating, depending of the type of rock it could be easy to work, and thus cheap and useful.
People have been using symilar homes till our days.
>>
File: 227.jpg (371 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
371 KB, 650x488
>>1111044
There's around 200 underground ruins in turkey, at some point in history there was an entire culture that developed the technical skills to build this underground cities.

Greeks historians talk about them but not much, or anybody else, they build them in a way that they were hidden from the world and remained that way.

Did they have some kind of ant cult?

That would be amazing.
>>
File: derinkuyu_map.jpg (515 KB, 1440x930) Image search: [Google]
derinkuyu_map.jpg
515 KB, 1440x930
>>1111083
How did they lived they're daily lives?

How do you prevent CO2 poisoning if you have to burn materials to generate light?

Did they lived in the dark or used another kind of lightning?
>>
>>1111148
Amazing huge underground city made and abandoned on unknown dates.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.