[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im interested in Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, Orphism ect. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: abraxas.preview.jpg (37 KB, 371x595) Image search: [Google]
abraxas.preview.jpg
37 KB, 371x595
Im interested in Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, Orphism ect.

Just "mysticism" in general
>>
File: 36slide36.jpg (28 KB, 400x552) Image search: [Google]
36slide36.jpg
28 KB, 400x552
people say its "satanic"
I guess it has elements of worshiping "lucifer"
>>
File: il_570xN.361181578_tj8l.jpg (90 KB, 570x738) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.361181578_tj8l.jpg
90 KB, 570x738
>>
File: SC268207.jpg (236 KB, 916x1024) Image search: [Google]
SC268207.jpg
236 KB, 916x1024
>>
Neoplatonism > gnosticism
>>
>>924130
Good to know.
>>
>>924130
I have a library full of Gnostic material, as well as Neoplatonic stuff, over in the occultism and magick thread.

I'd planned on making a Gnosticism thread today but I just had too many texts on my backlog. Just posted an article on the sorts of amulets you're posting. Anything in particular you'd like to know?
>>
>>924854
What are the differences between Plotinus' theology and that of Levantine Gnostics? What would you say the biggest differences between the two schools are?
>>
>>924775
gnosicism is a neoplatonic religion though. squares and rectangles analogy
>>
Reading the collected works of Pseudo-Dionysus atm, pretty dank famitsu.
>>
>>924862
Assuredly the place, meaning, and intent of the Demiurge and Archons.

Following Plato's suit, Plotinus reckons the Demiurge as a creative/mind function of the ONE, where Gnosticism as it arose in the Levant were probably more Deimurge neutral (incompetent at worst) compared to later consolidations by Valentinius, etc., interpretations of Demiurge as more or less the personification of the corruption of matter; THOUGH, the views fluctuate between sects - some late Gnostics still had the 'incompetent' view of Demiurge, not that he's malevolent just that he's waaaaaay out of his depth.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.