[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charles IV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I am interested if you know who Charles the fourth King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor was. And what is teached about him in other countries.
>>
I'm American, so approximately 99% of the people who went through the school system here would have absolutely no idea what Bohemia or the HRE were or that they even existed
>>
>>923891
So how did you learn about him
>>
>>923891
Same deal here in Canada. Played historical video games and thought:

>bohemia? what kind of ye old bullshit is this?
>"holy" roman empire? germans you so silly.

Pretty much how I discovered all that. I love history so I ended up reading a fair bit on things on my own time.
>>
>>923873
I'm Brazilian and our middle age curriculum is:

>Feudalism and shit
>Byzzies
>Charlememe
>Crusades
>Arabs and stuff
>Wild turks shows up from nowhere and conquers Constantinople.

No mention to the HRE, let alone Bohemia.
>>
>>923873
In America they don't talk about him or the HRE
>>
>>924153
And now it is about to become even poorer, since our Ministry of Education wants the schools to teach West African and Pre-Colombian history instead of European history.
>>
>>924244
WE
WUZ
INCAN
>>
>>924244
>One entire year just for Native American history.
>One entire year just for African history.
>One entire year for ALL European and Asian history.

Seriously, I find hilarious how they paint themselves as "progressives for diversity", but are in fact a bunch of cultural fetishists.

>>924278
Nah, that's Peru and Bolivia, in Brazil the view of our natives are pretty much "the noble savage".
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.