[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Khrushchev a villain or a hero? On one hand, he's responsible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 428__6.jpg (66 KB, 428x516) Image search: [Google]
428__6.jpg
66 KB, 428x516
Was Khrushchev a villain or a hero?

On one hand, he's responsible for the de-Stalinization of the Soviet Union, thus saving the USSR from turning into a North Korea.

On the other hand, he's almost led the world into a new world war.

On one hand, he's responsible for igniting the Space Race, responsible for many of the technological leaps of the past century.

On the other hand, he considered avant-garde artists and musicians hacks and outright oppressed them and their art.
>>
>>923657
>he considered avant-garde artists and musicians hacks and outright oppressed them and their art.

>actually using this as an example of something bad
>>
>On the other hand, he's almost led the world into a new world war.
I don't think you can quite blame the old man for that as the reason he placed Missiles in Cuba to rach the east coast was that the USA placed missiles in Turkey to reach Moscow.
>>
>>923657
PRO:
>Destalinization
>Liberalization
>Economic reforms attempt
>Serious quality of life improvements
>Spess and rokkits

CONTRA:
>Stupid Soviet grandiose projects
>Royally pissed off party elites
>Cuban missile crisis and shit

Pissed off elites is the most important part. When making reforms it's important to actually have some fucking support for them. See also: Pavel I.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.