[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he as big of a asshole as he's made out to be /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Nobunaga_Oda_(KZBNA).png (108 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Nobunaga_Oda_(KZBNA).png
108 KB, 240x240
Is he as big of a asshole as he's made out to be /his/? Is his reputation as the demon king justified?
>>
>>923156
Burning down a Monastery and slaughtering the peasant supporters was a dick move. But DESU the Buddhist Monasteries of Japan were Sectarian Feudal Lords of their own right and were dicks as well.

Japs did not like him due to bringing in Barbarian Euronig influences.
>>
>>923156
He really wasn't different from other competing daimyo as far as I can tell. He was just a little more of an asshole about it.
>>
>>923159
>Japs did not like him due to bringing in Barbarian Euronig influences.
I never fucking understood this.
>Ok with Chinkshit.
>Not Ok with Euroshit (Guns & some other gadgets b cool tho).
>>
File: Sinocentrism.jpg (76 KB, 497x496) Image search: [Google]
Sinocentrism.jpg
76 KB, 497x496
>>923171
Because at the end of the day, ??? AD- 1700's Japan is an East Asian civilization whose ideas of such a civilization revolved around Chinkdom and what it thought was Civilized.

Just look at the word they used for Europeans in the 1500's: Nanban. From the Chinese "Nanman," meaning "Southern Barbarians" because Portunigs dropped anchor in South of Japan. Japan's discourse of civilization and barbarism is deeply rooted in Chinese views of the world. Though more like "East Asian" views of the world in general since as far as China was concerned, Japs were part of the Barbarosphere too (Japan, Korea = Dongyi = "Eastern Barbarians.)

The irony of this is that Ming China had Jesuits at the Imperial Court.
>>
Nobunaga was kind of a mixed bag.

He was pushing a really progressive agenda and he kind of laid the foundation for a unified and more advanced Japan. The dude brought a lot of much needed economic and military reform. The flip side of that is he really threw traditions by the wayside. That ruffled a lot of feathers.

It didn't help he was absolutely ruthless and was a dick to his friends and enemies alike.

Still he's an interesting character. What i find most interesting was his ability to adapt shit he liked so easily, even from his enemies. Like he based a good amount of his economic policies on reforms started by Takeda Shingen. Plus his raging boner for Western arms and tactics paving the way for pike and shot and volley fire.
>>
>>923183
Which begs the next question: how did Japs, Koreans, and Viets deal with such a dickish worldview towards them.
>>
>>923209
Easy

One is by adopting the culture.

Second is
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Chinese_tributary_system
i.e. they were """"""tributaries"""""" to China, which is East Asian diplomatic nicety meaning that these cunts have priority over other foreigners in contacts with Chinkdom. Ergo making them part of the civilizational trend.

A Japanese Ambassador for example, would be treated better/dealt with on near equal terms than, say, some cunt from Spain.
>>
He was right to burn those monks they were a bunch of assholes.
>>
>>923171
Think of all those posters in 4chan who are perfectly fine with German culture influencing French or Swiss culture, but flip the shit out when people from Syria come and start promoting their religion.

Now imagine that the Syrians also just happened to have magical laser guns and starships. We'd probably still not be okay with their religion, but we'd sure as hell use their cool stuff.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.