[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are long life spans really worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 800x500
>tfw our hunter gatherer ancestors used to only work a few hours a day and eat, shit, sleep, play and mate for the rest
>>
I heard that hunter gatherers have longer lifespans than preindustrial farmers and impoverished industrial workers.
>>
File: 1456914482188.jpg (638 KB, 3085x4628) Image search: [Google]
1456914482188.jpg
638 KB, 3085x4628
>>922731
it is worth it for people who love hedonism, because hedonists live only by their fear of death.
>>
evolutionist detected.

>hunter gatherer myth

Our ancestors lived to be hundreds of years old, before the flood.
>>
>>922749
I can't tell if you're either attempting to false-flag or rather joking.
>>
>>922749
Nice demonstration of ancient memes being correct, but exaggerated.
>>
sounds pretty chill
everything is a slog after early 20s anyway
>>
>>922752
I think we're either being raided or its one person's attempt at shit posting but I've seen similar nonsense posted in other threads.
>>
>>922752
Darwinism has been debunked years ago by Kent Hovind.

Evolutionism is a religion for atheists, it's a nihilist cult of death.

You can believe you came from a rock, that's fine, but don't call it science because it's not.
>>
We're not gonna reach Humans manifest destiny of controlling the Galaxy by rubbing sticks together and throwing spears at dears
>>
>>922766
>missing the point.
>>
>>922731
It depends OP.

Longer lifespans would be fine, if there was a guarantee that one would still be in shape to move around and do shit, and be healthy, but because of cell death and loss of regenerative capability, I think it might be a trade-off somehow.

I thought there will come a time where people look like they are 20 years old, but actually are 120 years old, for example, but who knows.
>>
>>922763
Never mind Jesus, did you know that Kent Hovind dies and resurrects every Friday night?
>>
The longer I live, the more video games and anime I can consume.

As a caveat, the longer I live, the less I enjoy video games and anime.
>>
>>922763
Yep, one person shit posting.
>>
>>922731
it's not about longer life spans, humanity switched to agriculture because it could support a larger population. sure, agrarian life sucked compared to hunting and gathering, but communities could grow much larger. then those large agricultural communities could enslave or kill of hunter gatherers. so you either switched to agriculture or were destroyed.

human society doesn't evolve towards individual happiness, but towards efficiency. even in modern western societies, most people are miserable. we could switch back to small communities, scrap big cities and big industry and we would be much happier. but than we would just be colonised by another civilization which is going for efficiency, not comfort (I'm looking at you China).
>>
>>922795

I've lived in small bum fuck towns and I definitely wasn't happier there.
>>
>>922800
Not him, but I've lived in big towns and small towns, and tbqh, it doesn't really matter where I live, I'm still miserable.
>>
File: 1454842295731.jpg (14 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
1454842295731.jpg
14 KB, 198x255
>>922805

fair enough m8. Im pretty miserable too
>>
File: 1380260897787.jpg (20 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1380260897787.jpg
20 KB, 208x200
>>922763
>Jews
Killed a lot of people and stole their land in the name of some invisible guy they'd meet after they were dead (with added "don't kill people")
>Christians
Killed a lt of people and stole their land in the name of some invisible guy they'll meet when they were dead (with added "invisible man died for youuuuuu")
>Muslims
Still killing a lot of people and stealing their land in the name of some invisible guy they will meet after they are dead (with added "sploddy snackbar 72 virgin orgy when you're dead")

>Atheism is a death-cult

Part of me wishes these clowns to have their own board.
Another part of me knows that won't contain the retardation anyway.
>>
>>922739
Yes.

Mainly because the diets of hunter gatherers were much more healthy and varied and got far more calories.

>While farmers concentrate on high-carbohydrate crops like rice and potatoes, the mix of wild plants and animals in the diets of surviving hunter-gatherers provides more protein and a bettter balance of other nutrients. In one study, the Bushmen's average daily food intake (during a month when food was plentiful) was 2,140 calories and 93 grams of protein, considerably greater than the recommended daily allowance for people of their size
>>
>>922739

No they did not. Following around herd animals with your family is not ideal.With no real medicine to speak of, any injury that would slow down the pack meant that member was abandoned to die
>>
>>922821
>during a month when food was plentiful

no shit.

Meanwhile there was probably months or maybe even weeks where they didn't eat nearly enough, and died of starvation.
>>
>>922860

This is 4chan, most of these autists have never been camping for any extended period of time and most shirk for any outdoor or physical activity in any shape or form.
>>
>>922731
Bullshit. Your only fun would be telling silly fantasy stories about mother tree and father sky. Your sex will be all sweaty and grimy. You'll have alot of time to sit around being bored and hating your rapist uncle.
>>
>>922731
>tfw our hunter gatherer ancestors used to only work a few hours a day and eat, shit, sleep, play and mate for the rest
The vast majority of males did not get to mate in the past. Only with culture and religion enforcing monogamous relationships that changed.

http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-technology/17-to-1-reproductive-success
>>
>>922739
I don't know about farmers, but definitely pre-industrial city dwellers. Before germ theory cities were deathtraps. So many people died of disease that the only way a lot of cities kept up large populations was the constant influx of people from rural areas.
>>
>>922766
This tho.
>>
>>923330
>17 women reproduced to every 1 male AFTER the advent of agriculture
I don't regret it, but agriculture initially brought a lot of cons.
>>
>>922814
Nice bait
>>
>>922878
>Your only fun would be telling silly fantasy stories about mother tree and father sky.
Sounds more fun than what I do right now for fun, anyway

>Your sex will be all sweaty and grimy.
How is this a negative?

>You'll have alot of time to sit around being bored and hating your rapist uncle.
>implying I don't already do this
>>
>>922763
>Darwinism has been debunked years ago by Kent Hovind.

From his prison cell?
>>
>>922731
Our hunter-gatherer ancestors were also a bunch of ultra-violent fucktards with murder rates as high as 25%.
>>
>>922821
>Bush men

You mean the race of people that look perpetually 30 pounds underweight (except for their sweet asses)? Cool.
>>
>>923672
How the hell would you calculate that
>>
>>923710
Grave sites. It can be pretty easy to tell who was murdered from looking at bodily injuries.
>>
>>922743
There is literally no reason why people shouldn't be hedonist.
>>
>>923370
nice retardation
>>
>>922821
>>922860
>>922862
Hey so different anon but it's because their main staples are seeds. Contrary to popular belief Bushmen diet revolved around seeds, one from a fruit tree and one from the marama.
>>922731
...."hunter gatherers" were always working, the few hours meme is actively seeking and retrieving food but the constant repairs and care taking in camp was long like everywhere else.
>>
File: 1457266014818.jpg (194 KB, 900x1235) Image search: [Google]
1457266014818.jpg
194 KB, 900x1235
>>922805
>>922810
Wait wasn't being miserable a prerequisite to posting on 4chan?

>>922800
>small stagnant and depressive bum fuck towns
>comparable to tribal communes

>>922795
Don't we all actually secretly wish to be in a simpler society? One in which you dance to drums, believe in all sorts of awesome things, hunt animals and bash in opposing tribesmen skulls? Maybe even fuck some and raise a couple of kids?
>>
>>922743
I thought hedonists aren't afraid of death because there is no pain when you're dead
>>
>>925087
There's an overwhelming lack of potential. You will never feel anything anymore, nothing could be more terrifying.
>>
File: 1129.jpg (9 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
1129.jpg
9 KB, 300x230
>>923708
>You mean the race of people that look perpetually 30 pounds underweight (except for their sweet asses)? Cool.
>>
>>925109
>nothing could be more terrifying
Unbearable pain could. Death can be an escape, if nothing better.
>>
>>922731
>>tfw our hunter gatherer ancestors used to only work a few hours a day

And just how in G_ds name are jews going to profit if the goy are only working those hours?
Fucking anti-semite. Reported.
>>
>>922795
I will kindly disagree with the "you either settled or died", that did not work everywhere and people like shepards remained nomads for quite a long time.
>>
>>922854
You do know there are several skeletons with healed bone injuries that prove otherwise?
>>
>>923708
Bushmen are just an example of how hunter gatherers can survive even today in totally reclusive and meagre enviroments. The thing is, if these guys can survive in such a shitty place, surely hunter gatherers from 10.000 BCE lived pretty nice lives considering they lived in actually good, fertile enviroments.
>>
>>922854
>With no real medicine to speak of,
untrue
>>
>>922756
>everything is a slog after early 20s anyway
like the 1920s? the fuck? did you just finish the great gatsby or something?
finish your book report
>>
>>922854
>No they did not.

Yes they did.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21507735
>>
>>925154

I think his point still stand though, that ultimately they all got swallowed up by settled agricultural civilisations.
>>
>>922763
I'd join a nihilist cult of death if we got cool uniforms.
>>
>>925109
>implying death isn't the next great experience in life
Death is a sensation tbhfam.
>>
>>922731
Not true.
They spent their lives going after packs of animals risking being mauled by others and scouting around to find the next place to camp or the next flint to be used to make fire.
>>
>>922731
>no human learning
>no written words
>no complex social interactions
>little sense of community
>no monogamous relationships

I'm going to have to pass there, anon
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.