[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Funny Quotes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 20121010-011527.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20121010-011527.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
"In twelve years from now, you will not recognize Berlin" - Adolf Hitler (1933).
>>
>>922189
Truly a prophet of his time.
>>
File: John_Sedgwick.png (265 KB, 672x800) Image search: [Google]
John_Sedgwick.png
265 KB, 672x800
>They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.

John Sedgwick's last words
>>
>"what are you gonna do, stab me?"

-unknown stabbing victim
>>
File: bonaparte.jpg (74 KB, 306x437) Image search: [Google]
bonaparte.jpg
74 KB, 306x437
>Give him a fair trial, and then shoot him

~Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>922258
>"what are you going to do, stab me?"

-Julius Caesar
>>
>wow it took 4 of you to kill me you fucking scrubs
-Adolf Hitler, April 1945
>>
>guys it was a prank

eric harris & dylan klebold, april 20 1999
>>
"No enemy aircraft will fly over the Reich territory" -- Hermann Göring

(stenciled on a B25)
>>
"Remember the Alamo?!"

Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, who apparently said this when offering his service in exile to lead mexico in the French Intervention in 1861.
>>
>>922189
"A hussar who isn't dead by his thirties is a wanker"

Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle, died at 34
>>
>>922189

I look at the state of this country and I just can't find it funny.
>>
I thought it was "before he is thirty".
>>
>>922593
Indeed, it's a better translation, I translate it from memory and as always, it's faulty.
however, re-reading the whole thing, I can't understand why "jean-foutre" is usually translated as "blackguard" which seems oddly PC, but then again maybe it's my own mis-reading of blackguard.
>>
"No pasaran!" some spanish republican.
>>
File: Vice_Admiral_Sir_David_Beatty.jpg (429 KB, 1196x1644) Image search: [Google]
Vice_Admiral_Sir_David_Beatty.jpg
429 KB, 1196x1644
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today."

Admiral David Beatty, Jutland 1916 after witnessing two of his battlecruisers explode within minutes of engaging German fleet
>>
>>922544
Make Germany gross again
>>
>>925210
At least we still won.

Can't outdo our understatements either.
>>
>>925611
>won

The British withdrew from that battle
>>
>>925639
Prevented the High Seas Fleet from breaking out and reduced it to a fleet-in-being for the rest of the war.

Mission accomplished.
>>
>>925639
The German fleet withdrew first if we're doing semantics. Tactically the Germans won by sinking more ships and killing more English than what they lost, but strategically it was a British victory as they dared not sail out to challenge the Royal Navy again.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.