[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This fucking country. What is it about this country? Every time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13
This fucking country.

What is it about this country? Every time they're in trouble, they get bailed out. Every time they're on the ropes, a savior swoops in to rescue them. Multiple times throughout history they've been brought to the brink of disaster, only for some of the most brilliant leaders and statesmen of all time to ride in on a white horse and bring about the most unlikely triumphs.

What IS it about this country?
>>
God's chosen.
>>
island nation that's still a part of Europe but still isolated to a degree
>>
The main character can't die
>>
Bulldog fighting spirit

They don't accept defeat

The British will always fight hardest in the face of defeat no matter how big the threat they face
>>
>>921559
GSTQ FKAC
>>
>>921499
Because it's a perfect recipe, Brains of the English, Brawn of the Scots, Madness and creativity of the Irish, and Joyfulness of the Welsh.
>>
File: 1419827785475.jpg (105 KB, 323x810) Image search: [Google]
1419827785475.jpg
105 KB, 323x810
>>921499
There is no resisting Anglo-Celtic dominance
>>
>>921499
I got warned for anglo banter but this thread is ok. Gee who could be behind this?
>>
File: 128.jpg (474 KB, 859x912) Image search: [Google]
128.jpg
474 KB, 859x912
the eternal anglo
>>
>>921635
Was it actual bants or some slav/Aussie-tier autistic ranting while pretending it's bants?
>>
>>921499
What glorious leader bailed them out against the frogs in 1066?
That's right, none
That's why English language is soiled with French words to the point you see one in each sentence
>>
>>921716
Is that Mosley?
>>
>>921499
Great Britain isn't a country you mongoloid.
>>
>>921511
Top Zozzle

>>921899
Does English people actually view the Normans as invaders nowadays though? Also Godwinson put up a pretty good fight for the Kingdom, William wasn't the only person that invaded in 1066.
>>
>>921499
After expelling the French through shrewd politics, they seem to have inexplicably become God's favorite country. Fuck all your reasonable answers, do you know how many storms blew up out of nowhere to fuck up enemy ships? How many times bad weather or freak occurances stopped enemy militaries from crushing their way to the Home Isles? How often they got unnaturaly badass warriors? Their five national traits are withdrawn uptightness, hooliganism, tenaciousness, and blatant fucking divine intervention.
>>
>>921499
I would say the English Channel, it saved the brits from Louis XIV, Napoleon and Hitler.
>>
>>921499
I think you are buying too much into Britain's national mythology. National mythologies make everything sound harrowing and glorious.
>>
>>922055
The UK has done pretty well for itself in the last three centuries though.
>>
>>921623
WORDS FOR EACH ETHNICITY HOW CLEVER.

it's because of the English, dolt
>>
>>922421
Now its all going to be undone non-violently thanks to Islamic immigration ;)

Islam +1
White cucks 0
>>
Who will save great shitstain from the muslim incursions?
>>
>>922432
After securing America and winning reelection in a landslide, Emperor Trump will lead the Reconquista with his invasion of Eurabia. Through coordinated efforts with the Russias, all Muslims will be funneled through to Turkey; then when the entire West is bearing down Turkey, they will hold the line while Russians invade from the East and pushes through to meet the West at Constantinople
>>
>>921916
yeah, britbong here, most people don't care about William. But those who read up on that period and shit dislike him, harrying of the north was brutal even by medieval standards (he slaughtered 5% of the population)
>>
>>922689
wow 5% must be rough

>slaughtering micks by the hundreds of thousands

>"well I never, lads just don't want to be english"

>>921499
Tight English upper lip
>>
Imagine having tea and crumpets with old VIc.

"Would you like another, mam?"
"Sieg heil!"
"QStQ guvnor"

End scene.
>>
Ulster-Scots single handedly dragging the islands to glory.
>>
>>921904
Yes
>>
English Cunning

Scots Innovation

Ulster-Scots Brutality

Welsh and Irish Cannon Fodder
>>
>>922996
By all these powers combined, we are Perfidious Albion
>>
We just kept calm and carried on T.B.H
>>
>>921499

>Every time they're on the ropes, a savior swoops in to rescue them. Multiple times throughout history they've been brought to the brink of disaster, only for some of the most brilliant leaders and statesmen of all time to ride in on a white horse and bring about the most unlikely triumphs.

Literally no examples of this.
>>
>>923014

Protestant wind
>>
>>923041
>Protestant wind

Used in two contexts: one that prevented and invasion of England, and one that facilitated an invasion of England. How can they both be "rescues?" Seems more like a "history is written by the winners" bias to me.
>>
>>922430
>Islamic immigration
>non-violent
>>
File: FrenchOnTheMoon.jpg (41 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
FrenchOnTheMoon.jpg
41 KB, 460x460
>>921899
Those frogs were vikings, you bimbo.
Norman=Northmen=Norse men
And our king at the time had German blood in him, so...
>>
>>923053
>Those frogs were vikings

They were Viking/frog mudbloods.

>And our king at the time had German blood in him, so...

So.... what?
>>
>>921511
Kekk
>>
>>921899
>What glorious leader bailed them out against the frogs in 1066?

The English ARE those frogs. Everything good in English culture comes from the Normans.
>>
>>921559
What is dunkirk..what is india..what is ww1..what is aftica.. lol nice meme
>>
>>921623
the irish and welsh are hardly relevant
>>
>>922430
Serves them right for violently taking over and depopulating natives across the globe.
>>
>>923088
Only like 4% of the population are from Muslim country origins.

We mostly get Indians, then Poles, then Pakis, then Paddies, then Krauts, then Chinks.
>>
>>921499
Read about Francis Drake's drum
>>
>>921499
DIVIDE AND CONQUER
I
V
I
D
E

A
N
D

C
O
N
Q
U
E
R
>>
>>923014
>>
File: 2a.jpg (143 KB, 511x1003) Image search: [Google]
2a.jpg
143 KB, 511x1003
>>923053
>Those frogs were vikings, you bimbo.
>Norman=Northmen=Norse men
By 1066 they were basically Frenchmen with viking ancestry
There's a reason they made French and not Danish the official language of English court

>And our king at the time had German blood in him
You mean as opposed to right now?
>>
England literally means "Enga-land", Angel land in Danish, get rewkt faggots
>>
>>923132
No it's a more modern form of Englaland which means "Land of the Angles" in Old English.
>>
>>923081
>what is india

realised it wasnt worth it

those pooinloos didnt want to be civilised
>>
>>923007
>we
>>
>>923194
Well I didn't do it all by myself did I
>>
>>921499
>implying you can kill God
>>
>>923198

Well, you did most of the work Anon.
>>
>>923051
>I don't know the definition of violence
>>
>>922430
Wew lad
>>
The Royal Crown is laced with the ashes of Joan of Arc.

It's the source of their power
>>
File: 1372352388939.png (115 KB, 821x2330) Image search: [Google]
1372352388939.png
115 KB, 821x2330
>>923000
>>922996
>>
>>923125

William III was dutch?
>>
File: 4307929_172f40bfaa_m.jpg (92 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
4307929_172f40bfaa_m.jpg
92 KB, 500x334
>>923084

>the welsh are hardly relevant

b-but we imperialism too england kun
>>
>>923084
Oh no the Irish totally didn't constitute a huge number of the British army or anything or it's industrial workforce.
>>
>>922427
English would not have been able to do anything without the other three nationalities bulking their army and workforce.
>>
>>923318
Only things the Irish constituted a huge part of were poverty and drunkenness.
>>
we are gods favourite

jealous much? :^)
>>
>>923081
>What is dunkirk
a battle in a war which we won
>..what is india
a country we controlled for years
>..what is ww1
a war we won
>..what is aftica..
a continent which for the large part we dominated

>what are you
>a retard
>>
>>923290
It's about dynasties
William III and Cromwell were mere snowflake that didnt last long enough to deserve to be mentioned
>>
>>923332
>a war which we won
Hahaha yeah because of the US retard

>ww1 a war which we won
....cuz of US....

Where are your colonies now brit bong? You can glorify it all you want but brittania stopped being relevant long ago. You can pay your respects to the US of A for your continued futile existence
>>
>>923332

>dunkirk
>battle

Please pick one. Your "battle" was nothing more than a race to not get raped even more.
>>
>Falklands are starting to get rustled again
>Scotland is going to leave
>Northern Ireland will follow

RIP BRITS
>>
>>923867
Jesus christ how autistic do you have to be to type this?
>>
>>923892
Falklands - 99% of Population want to stay under UK

Scotland - They lost the Referendum and there won't be another for a long time

Ireland - No talks of a Referendum
>>
>>923904
Falklands was nonsense pretty sure like 2 people wanna leave, dunno what he was on about.

Scotland lost the referendum but came fucking close all things considered and I think they'll leave a hell of a lot sooner than we think.

Unionism is already dying a slow death in NI, because the Unionist parties aren't recruiting enough young people to match the old people fucking dying.
Most "Unionists" are just chavs who take part in the 11th and 12th but rarely actually vote, and Irish identity and culture is growing in popularity.

It's gonna happen, anon. Next couple of decades, it's gonna happen.
>>
>>923125
Canute the great was english?
>>
>>923867
>Where are your colonies now brit bong?

5 of the top 12 countries by gdp are british colonies...
>>
>>923933
More english than your average londener
>>
>>923904
>Scotland - They lost the Referendum and there won't be another for a long time

Speaking as a Scot, it's actually a difficult one to judge, the SNP may be an awful party in power, and weak administrators, but they know how to play their cards expertly (with the exception of their 1979 gamble), despite their defeat in the referendum they've succesfully kept the independence campaign alive (though most polls suggest lowered support now despite and immediate boost afterwards; and polls seem to over exaggerate the yes vote) by capitalising on anything major in the news which they can spin against the Westminster government. Their current gambit is demanding a referendum if the UK as a whole votes to leave the EU and Scotland votes to remain (likely outcome, but Scots are not as Pro-EU as some older studies tend to suggest). The UK government rightfully guaranteed no new referendum while Cameron was still in office (remember the SNP touted this as a once in a lifetime vote), the SNP plan here is that if the UK government blocks another early referendum they'll try to spin that around as evidence of Scotland being held down by the government, which will either be successful in boosting yes support, or disastrously backfire and have the SNP portrayed as opportunists who could not care less about promises they've made to the public. It really depends on one's definition of 'a long time', there's two possibilities, an extremely early referendum held in the aftermath of the June EU referendum, with either Cameron bowing to pressure and accepting a multilateral referendum again, or if the vote is heavily in favour of the EU the SNP could take the Catalonian approach with a unilateral referendum as suggested by some Nationalist groups and even fringes of the SNP parliamentary group though its unlikely, otherwise it will be ' a long time' until another opportunity arises for the SNP to exploit, it's incredibly difficult issue to predict.
>>
>>923940
But he was born in Danmark?
>>
>>921925

Exactly

>muh moat

Same reason America is indestructible
>>
>>923867
Englishness is now ingrained in most of the good places on earth outside of Europe. You can talk shit about america being the greatest all you want, at the end of the day america was founded by the sons of British immigrants, and is a state based on a British society and culture.
>>
>>921499

the sacred Aryan blood of gods chosen people. We brought you light in the dark, we taught you how to speak, clasp your hands and whisper a silent prayer to your anglo GODS
>>
>>923053
When did an English person ever actualy rule England? Either been German, Dutch, Norman or something else.
>>
>>922996
There are like 3 people people in Wales. Not enough for cannon fodder tbqh.
>>
>>923319
England has for a long time had a far higher population than the other "nationalities" they don't really need you to bulk the army or workforce. The only useful member of the union is scotland as they are on par or maybe even slightly superior to the English when it comes to innovation and they have oil. The Welsh and Irish are trash, deal with it.
>>
>>923014
WW2
>>
File: innovation.jpg (1 MB, 2792x2120) Image search: [Google]
innovation.jpg
1 MB, 2792x2120
>Wales
>Ireland
>>
File: 1459209963395.jpg (24 KB, 240x251) Image search: [Google]
1459209963395.jpg
24 KB, 240x251
>>924110
>he thinks human accomplishment can be measured on a bar chart
>>
>>923867
France would've collapsed under German pressure like in 1871 if it wasn't for the British. The only thing the US contributed to in WW1 was sealing Germany's fate.
>>
>>923904
It's only a matter of time before Scotland fucks off.
>>
>>924152
Dylan you're supposed to use that image when other people are butthurt, not when you are butthurt yourself.
>>
>>924097
That's what the Irish are for.
>>
>>924163

you know pretty much nothing desu, and a matter of time is the most vague language you could use, johnny foreigner needs to stop thinking he's knowledgeable on current British affairs, post related and polls related;

>>923947

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence#Post-referendum_polling
>>
>>924163
The English and the Scottish are the same people desu, any distinction is pure nationialist invention. They may seperate for a small time but they will always be pulled back together.
>>
>>923892
>northern Ireland leaving

I fucking hope so. That place is nothing but a useless money sink for state handouts.
>>
>>924200
Even the Irish don't want Northern Ireland
>>
>>924222

Sell it to Taiwan
>>
>>924226
Nah, as we're selling the rest of the UK to China we don't want them to nuke it out between us
>>
>>924231

they already fucking own wheetabix man, its over, they've got a 60% stake, Mao Zedong owns my fucking breakfast
>>
File: 1447373933158.png (162 KB, 528x539) Image search: [Google]
1447373933158.png
162 KB, 528x539
>>922941
/thread
>>
As a British person, I can agree. We've taken over a lot of the world and DESU the politicians over here are dirty sheep fuckers (literally). Corruption, lies, broken promises. Anonymous need to haul their attention over here- Obama gets all the credit for false promises and yet you have the pathetic corruption of this little island which made us all heroes when we're just as bad as Anyone else, and we've lied our plenty. I make an appeal to Anonymous to exploit this. Yes, I'm a little cynical internet faggot and you can roast away, Gotta admit I sound a bit cheesy myself- but what I'm saying is I agree with this idea- why DO we always get saved? We are tiny and we somehow made ourselves so so important.
>>
>Being an Island prevented major invasions over the past 1000 years
>The Climate is just beneath any extreme so it doesn't kill, but can be annoying enough to make the people used to most weather conditions.
>Culture of being stubborn across the British Isles, makes for a good fighting spirit (Much love to Scotland and Ireland)
>The constant desire to piss on European/ foreign dreams
>>
>>921502
THIS
>>
As an American I'm really concerned about the future survival of both UK and the USA. I've been reading the news about current events in the UK and they are deeply troubling.
>>
File: UKIP_M0416.jpg (166 KB, 1222x960) Image search: [Google]
UKIP_M0416.jpg
166 KB, 1222x960
>>925296
Don't worry, our savior has already arrived.

On a serious note, once we relieve our dependency on oil then we'll no longer have to suck dirty, brown saudi cock and then we'll be able to start repairing the damage that we have caused in the last 100 years, maybe even kick some of the pakis out.
>>
>>925338
This fucking guy is like the Michael Cain of politics!
>>
>>925394

but that would be Michael Caine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYLvmrOK-CA
>>
>>921499
Britain in literally God's chosen country. Not only are they always bailed out when they're in trouble, they were also blessed with their geography which allowed them to basically conquer the world and spawn the modern industrial world. Forget Israel, the English are God's chosen people.
>>
>>923194

Wuz
>>
File: 1447968932537.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447968932537.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>921511
Fucking THIS
>>
>>925499
shitposters
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.