[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which colony of the British empire created the most trouble?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: British_Empire_1921.png (32 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
British_Empire_1921.png
32 KB, 1425x625
Which country that was once part of the British empire gave the empire the most grief in terms of rebellions, refusing to be part of the empire etc?
>>
Probably curry or burger.
>>
>>921433
The Irish without a doubt, they had so many rebellions I've lost count. Minus world wars, More British people have died in Ireland over the centuries trying to control the country than anything else.
>>
india in terms of most rebellions, i think
>>
>>921433
Somalia wrecked the British so hard for three times they almost withdrew.
>>
>>921433
America?
>>
>>921433
CAPE TO
A
I
R
O
>>
Anglo-Boer wars were a pretty brutal affair
>>
>>922461
Most of Anglo Africa was a bloody affair and pretty nasty affairs. Same could be said of the other African colonies like the Malagasy uprising.
>>
I guess this one goes to India. Bonus point for Gandhi being the coolest dude ever. His IDGAF attitude created most trouble for britain that they had to leave and the guy didn't even use a single weapon
>>
Ireland, India and South-Africa (Transvaal/Oranje)
>>
>>922559
Wasn't Britain more concerned about their bankruptcy to care about some bald guy walking around?
>>
USA
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.