[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think morality is fucked in the age of industrialisation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Y-Stirner.png (28 KB, 167x175) Image search: [Google]
Y-Stirner.png
28 KB, 167x175
Do you think morality is fucked in the age of industrialisation and nations and scale? People like George Bush or [world leader] are still popular even after they order the deaths of tonnes of innocents. Obviously I can write down my ethical rules and they'd be similar to yours and we'd probably agree that they're bad people. But morality is basically feels and, let's be srs, we lack the capability to empathise as much when events are so large scale and remote.
>>
>>921151
I don't think you can separate the feels from a human. plus unless you think that we would do better in some sort of state of nature morality, excluding victimless crimes, has an important role in humans working together, ie living together in a society
>>
>>921151
>Do you think morality is fucked in the age of industrialisation and nations and scale?

No, it just has to work with system
>>
File: 1444553824199.jpg (495 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1444553824199.jpg
495 KB, 1280x1707
>george bush
>popular
>>
>Be great leader
>Perform great slaying
>Do great
This is era, single, era. No exceptions.
Bush isn't special.
Honestly, the modern world is very shit, because it encourages rare values like pacifism or value of human lives. Morality didn't get fucked in the modern age, it started "existing". Whatever the hell that means.

Basically, you are shit eating and ignorant over how the world works. And you mentally think things should be better pre industrialization, when in reality, things was pretty fucking grim because human life had lower value due extreme amounts of mortality.
>>
>>921855
>Elected twice.
>>
>>921151

The word in your OP that caught my attention is the word SCALE, with reference to modern society. This, because the word is used fetishistically in another impolite space.

There is an interesting and extremely racist /pol/-tier forum (the two are not mutually exclusive), whose proprietor expends a lot of mental energy on the subject of what he terms SCALE in today's world, specifically over the past 50 years or so. "Pleasureman", person in charge of mpcdot.com, devotes long posts to the matter, characterizing another sort of alienation, though given the board's politics, certainly not in the Marxist sense. Rather, for the white users of MPC (Pleasureman specifically, it's his show so he gets to have agreeable posts), the notion connotes the negatives of diversity and multiculturalism in large-scale urban societies, etc. Two links for this:

http://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/8116-as-the-scale-spins/

http://mpcdot.com/forums/forum-17/announcement-2-lexicon/ (look for SCALE definition from the principal idea-proponent most of the way down).
>>
>George Bush popular
Probably one of the most widely lampooned presidents in decades. Corey, GTFO.
>>
>>921151
>People like George Bush or [world leader] are still popular even after they order the deaths of tonnes of innocents

All world leaders kill people. It's part of their job, nessiary to maintain the state. The idea that yours are "peaceful good guys" and the others are "violent attackers" is just a lie nessiary so that the dumb-ass public can get along with the program.

If the presidents actually came out and said that warfare and violence have been a core part of having a nation since recorded history there would be an outrage, so you lie to the public.

The smarter ones realize the world is amoral and "killing innocents" isn't "evil".
>>
>>921151
yeah pretty much, way to many people in the world is the root of the problem
>>
File: 1458958225129.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1458958225129.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>922590
>If the presidents actually came out and said that warfare and violence have been a core part of having a nation since recorded history

this is supposed to be a secret?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.