[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> There is a somewhat analogous situation with regard to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
> There is a somewhat analogous situation with regard to the heterosexual seduction procedure in our Politically Correct times: the two sets, the set of PC behaviour and the set of seduction, do not actually intersect anywhere; that is, there is no seduction which is not in a way an "incorrect" intrusion or harassment — at some point, one has to expose oneself and "make a pass." So does this mean that every seduction is incorrect harassment through and through? No, and that is the catch: when you make a pass, you expose yourself to the Other (the potential partner), and she decides retroactively, by her reaction, whether what you have just done was harassment or a successful act of seduction — and there is no way to tell in advance what her reaction will be. This is why assertive women often despise "weak" men — because they fear to expose themselves, to take the necessary risk. And perhaps this is even more true in our PC times: are not PC prohibitions rules which, in one way or another, are to be violated in the seduction process? Is not the seducer’s art to accomplish this violation properly — so that afterwards, by its acceptance, its harassing aspect will be retroactively cancelled?

What did this world famous and respected philosopher mean by this piece of philosophy?
>>
>>920836

I can never understand what this coked up donald duck serb is saying
>>
>>920836
He's saying it's only harassment if she doesn't like it.
>>
I wonder what history will think of this man. I really only read him so I can understand jokes about him.
>>
>>920836
I keep trying to hate Slavoj, and I keep failing. I think his views are probably retarded but he often talks a lot of sense.

Am I a commie?
>>
>>920860

as a lovable wacky uncle type

But I think he usually says shit like "everyone who doesnt agree with [insert commie opinion] should go to a gulag" all the time. Like hes really funny, but I get the impression that if he magically was in charge of any country, he would start massacring people almost immediately
>>
>>920873
>I get the impression that if he magically was in charge of any country, he would start massacring people almost immediately
this. I love his commentary but I would never give him any sort of power.
>>
File: zizek 4chan.jpg (132 KB, 1395x730) Image search: [Google]
zizek 4chan.jpg
132 KB, 1395x730
>>920872
No. I'm a capitalist and I like some of the stuff he says. He's just a little eccentric. Nobody can hate him. It's like trying to hate Santa Claus.
>>
>>920879
I think in his Vice interview he said he was afraid of himself because he knew how to use power.
>>
>>920898

can a communist PLEASE explain to me how it is somehow compatible with anarchism in any way?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.