[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Human rights are a social construction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1434216374993.jpg (92 KB, 426x300) Image search: [Google]
1434216374993.jpg
92 KB, 426x300
Human rights are a social construction?
>>
Yes. All rights are a social construction.
>>
Unless we suppose there is some higher creator, yes.
>>
>>920812
Yes and so what
>>
>>920819
This.
>>
>>920812
No. They don't exist at all, they're only a friendlier way to say "privileges for the capable and/or lucky"
>>
>>920819
How the existence of an higher creator implies that they are not?
>>
>>920812
Human rights are views

Views are a social construction

So the view that human rights are a social construction is a social construction

:^)
>>
>Human rights

Now that's some spooky dooky.
>>
>>920844
you're only playing with the word "exist".
btw nice dubs
>>
>>920848
Not really.
Just that I got hard to see how we can say there is natural HUman rights if there isn't.
Even if there is the creator don't have to give a shit about us humans and our problems.
>>
>>920858
I've_smiled/10, nice.
>>
>>920812
No since everyone is morally bounded to determine that some things are just wrong.
>>
>>920867
If people were taught basic rules of reasoning at school and how to analyze sentences they speak, they wouldn't fall for stupid arguments, but oh well...
>>
>>920870
What would be considered universally morally wrong?

I'd say murdering babies was probably acceptable in many circumstances. Rape was okay too.
>>
>>920865
Humans problems for human people.
>>920870
Good point, but how much "morality" is a social construction?
>>
A global necessity for the common good.
>>
>>920812
Duh.

Why don't you got into the forest and try to tell the bears that they need to respect your "rights". Rights a spook.
>>
>>920859
Its technically not much more spookier than common law. Though i know some treat like its some holy law which does get really spooky.
>>
If your country is secular, there's literally no reason to have the concept of "innate rights".
>>
Everything is a social construction. You have to remember we are recent descendants of people who supported genocide and ethnic cleansing. You cant say uh no not me. You hear this all the time and see it in history. Human Rights are a necessity. But the truth is there should be no human rights. It exists because of social failings.
>>
>>921003
Since when a right ceases to exist if isn't respect?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.