[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
II Reich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Deutsches_Reich_1871-1918.png (3 MB, 2362x2362) Image search: [Google]
Deutsches_Reich_1871-1918.png
3 MB, 2362x2362
I like the German Empire, and I think history would have been better if World War I hadn't happened. It's very sad that so many people died on both sides and many states disappeared afterwards, like the German Empire or the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Do you agree with me, or do you think that the II Reich was bad and World War I was necessary?
>>
Nothing makes me happier than dead and suffering Germans, regardless of the era, location, or circumstances.
>>
>>920606

LOL, you are just being ironic, right?
>>
>>920606
Those before world war 1 are generally fine, it's when the rest of Europe wanted to play it peaceful and the Germans didn't I start to hate them.
>>
>>920637

I didn't understand your message very well, sorry.
>>
>>920616
>>920637
>implying Germans haven't always been a race of thieving, arrogant butchers

wew lads
>>
>>920645

But look at men like Bach or Thomas Mann, for example. They weren't "thieving, arrogant butchers".
>>
>>920643
What I mean is that at the start of the world war 1 none really wanted the wart as much as the Germans did (Apart form the Balkan savages) and that's the point at which I start to hate them. If your foreign policy is based around "Let's wait till we get even the smallest of reasons, then we push to take Paris and then Moscow!" while everyone else are just enjoying the Post-Napoleonic peace you are pretty much a big bag of shit.
>>
>>920655

Well, I'm not German, I just like Germany. But I think nobody wanted World War I, it happened because of the system of alliances established by Bismarck.
>>
>>920650
Listen, you will probably gain a bunch of edgy answers here.
I am one of the one that have written that I hate Germans, but that's mostly just a reaction to all those writing that Hitler dindu nuffing and that the world wars was part of a plot against Germany. Seeing whole Internet communities tell you how a few guys did nothing wrong and anyone thinking anything else is brainwashed will make you hate these few guys regardless.
>>
>>920669
I actually think Bismarck was pretty innocent. His plan was to isolate France and keep well with the other powers of Europe. As I get it it wasn't till the post Otto emperor Wilhelm the second began to build up the navy that the Britts became afraid and chose to get closer to France, creating two big Alliances that was almost equally strong.
>>
>>920671

I think that most of those people who defend Nazis just do it for the sake of fun and don't really think like that. Besides, most of them are just adolescent boys.
>>
>>920602
Yeah WW1 many legacy states

I wish Austria-Hungary would have lasted long enough to become the planned United States of Austria-Hungary, it certainly would have done more for peace in the baltics than yugoslavia ever achieved
>>
>>920681
I suppose I am a bit more exposed to it all by having /pol/ as my homeboard.
>>
>>920602
II Reich was cool, TBQH. The tragedy is that the Germans of all people went and fucked it all up.
>>
>>920606
T. Modern Inhabitant of Merkelreich.
>>
File: Prussia.png (250 KB, 2000x1507) Image search: [Google]
Prussia.png
250 KB, 2000x1507
>>920736
Do you think they think Danzig was worth loosing their Prussian hearthland?
>>
>>920669
>But I think nobody wanted World War I
No, the Germans and Austrians very, very much wanted World War I. They saw it as the only way out of a bad situation. The Austrians sought to cool internal tensions by demonstrating they could go HAM on anybody who started shit. The demands weren't just aimed at Serbia (that's why the Austrians wouldn't accept the Serbs counter offer). It was aimed at Russians, Italians, Romanians, Poles, and Magyars.

The Austrian general staff even knew they probably would lose the war. They thought it was better to go down fighting.

The Germans on the other hand, realized they were 'boxed in'. The Morrocan Crisis et all made them feel diplomatically isolated and that their voice was unheeded in international affairs. Rather then taking this with grace, and patience, and waiting for some change in international affairs, they thought the best way to end their isolation was a catastrophic war.

They were especially keen on this with Russia, who's industrialization they found threatening. They wanted to cut off Russia's economic growth at the knees before they could field the kind of army they would in WWII.

Those are shitty reasons to invade other countries, and shitty reasons to lose your empire.
>>
>>920756
Fuck no. The Nazi reign was a whole mess of retarded from day one. The Nazis were seriously a Mugabe style regime, that happened to luck into one of the most powerful states on the planet.

Especially since the Poles were happy to negotiate with the Germans, except the Germans were too erratic and retarded to make that possible.
>>
>>920773
Bullshit.
>>
>>920784
The German Generals did want to have war though, at least against Russia.
Otto von Bismarck had to make them put down with their bullshit.
>>
>>920602
>World War I was necessary?
no, it wasn't necessary

>Do you agree with me, or do you think that the II Reich was bad
Best Germany is no Germany to be honest
>>
File: makes_me_hard_tbh.jpg (131 KB, 985x529) Image search: [Google]
makes_me_hard_tbh.jpg
131 KB, 985x529
>>920616
>>920637
>>920739
t. fritz hans und goebbels
>>
>>920602
>II Reich was bad
Very few things can be classified as "good" or "evil" in history. The Kaiserreich had a lot of flaws, being an semi-authoritarian and militarist state that repressed minorities like the French and the Poles, but was also in a process of democratization and was a leader in science and culture. If the pros outweigh the cons or vice-versa is up to you.

>World War I was necessary?
lol no, it wasn't, that said, it's very easy to analyse and judge historical event with hindsight. Germany and Austria were isolated and with nearly all their enemies plotting their demise, they sought war as the only chance to stabilize the situation on their favor (ironically it destroyed them and "stability" pretty much an ideal in the Interbellum era) since figure showed the Russians would be an unstoppable behemoth in a few years (it was bullshit, but again hindsight).
>>
File: poland.jpg (81 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
poland.jpg
81 KB, 548x365
>>921846
Back to work, Mieczyslaw
>>
>>920606
I agree. I use to think germans were pretty alright, but now i just get angry when i think of germany and germans.
>>
>>920602
It had some of the sexiest borders in history
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.