[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /his/ story time >be me last year Junior theology class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20151128_200242.jpg (125 KB, 996x742) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_200242.jpg
125 KB, 996x742
Ok /his/ story time
>be me last year Junior theology class ( fuck off I'm 18 now )
>my theology teacher is fucking idiot
>gets asked a question about the moral teachings of the church ie gay marriage ect
>this kid who asks the question is a smart kid can debate fairly well sometimes we debate theology together
>he's Agnostic I'm Catholic
>my teacher gives FUCKING 5 MINUTE ANSWERS TO QUESTION I COULD ANSWER IN 30 SECONDS
>Doesn't know answers to questions he should expect to be asked
>dodges questions stumbles on words
>completely stumped
>I always leave his class pissed that I know more about theology than MY FUCKING THEOLOGY TEACHER
>I talk to the kid after school to have actually intelligent discussions on theology since my teacher can't
>more kids who are more intellectual join in
>we pretty much have our own theology debate club because of this fucking teacher can't satisfy us

Anyone else have stories about terrible theology/history teachers you had
>>
>>916731
In 9th grade my history teacher tried to convince me that Rome was the biggest empire ever by land area.
>>
>>916758
Never heard of Mongolia huh
>>
>>916773
That was the first thing I mentioned, but she said it technically didn't count because it was "actually four seperate khanates." I thought that was bull shit but whatever
>>
>>916731
>Primary school Year 3 (Britbong)
>Class is discussing what killed the Dinosaurs
>"Cavemen ate them"
>Teacher applauds him
>"God thought dinosaurs were boring and replaced them with humans"
>Teacher gives her a "well done" for being creative
>Think i'd win teacher over by being more accurate "Asteroid likely killed them"
>Teacher shakes her head, says "Nope" and quickly goes onto another kid for their theory

.... Seriously?
>>
>>916800
The funny thing is that Yuan China is still way bigger than the Romans Empire.
>>
>>916731
I had a fairly similar experience. I went into a Christian college will all kinds of doubts and questions about things that didn't make sense to me. Up until then I had always assumed more learned people than me had the answers.

Seeing them dodge those questions, and realizing nobody out there had the answers, was a critical step in my leaving religion behind.
>>
>>916800
First thing that comes to mind for me is the USSR. Anybody know if that was bigger or smaller than the Mongols?
>>
>>916731
Yeah alot of Catholic schools are like that, just don't think you know much, I thought I knew everything before I got to college
>>
>>916731
>18 year old super serious catholic

Boy you have a fun life ahead of you.
>>
>>916800
I think the British Empire was bigger than the Mongols at its height, but it goes into a separate category because it wasn't a contiguous land empire.
>>
>>916731
>10th grade history class.
>Teacher is Mr. Roberto, an eccentric old Portuguese hippie from California.
>Kid behind me Derek constantly making sex noises followed with random Roman salutes.
>Heather is a few seats over, says random Nazi things throughout the year.
Class was based.
>>
>>916800
You should have told her that the Roman Empire had 4 different emperors
>>
>>917267
>MUH FUN
>MUH ENTERTAINMENT
>MUH EPIC SEX WITH BIG BOOB LADIES
Don't you havesome hedonistic meme shit to do?
>>
>>917233
OP here just because you're professor was a fucking idiot does not mean nobody knows ask a priest about theology
>>
>female friend invited to her house to eat sushi
>fucked up face but nice body
>start to talk about her college class (she study tourism)
>ask her about her history class
>"so fem anon, did you learn something about German and Italian unification"
>"yeah Prussia is germany "
>I started to lecture her about the German unification with dates and names
>I even draw her a map with 1815 borders with Prussia, Saxony,Austria, etc
>explain to her Bismark policies (realpolitike and machtpolitike)
>we end cuddleling watching a movie with her mom and little brother
JUST
>>
>2003
>Iraq War just started
>8th grade history teacher goes on a rant
>she says America has the right to invade any country we want
>spews Bush propaganda about pre-emptive invasion to protect our freedoms
>I say that's dumb as fuck and that it's what the Germans did against Poland
>she says I'm out of line
>literally forces me to write a paper on obedience (I wish I were making this up)

Jokes on her, though, I wrote a super angsty paper on how obedience forms good little soldiers who have the will to carry out war crimes. I was a snot nosed little brat and she was a crypto-fascist.
>>
>>918961
With her, while her mom and brother watched
>>
File: christcuck.jpg (113 KB, 498x282) Image search: [Google]
christcuck.jpg
113 KB, 498x282
>>917829
Don't you have some feet to kiss, Christcuck?
>>
>>918997
And what happened after she read it? She said anything?
>>
File: 1457913105809.png (610 KB, 683x899) Image search: [Google]
1457913105809.png
610 KB, 683x899
>first discussion section of university, in History of the world since 1500
>TA plays a John Green video about Zheng He
>mfw I'm now about to graduate with a history degree
>>
File: 1456471318147.jpg (120 KB, 347x575) Image search: [Google]
1456471318147.jpg
120 KB, 347x575
>>917829
Brother, calm down.
>>
File: ZbbBtub.jpg (64 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
ZbbBtub.jpg
64 KB, 500x438
>>919025
It's a tradition
Seems like you fedora tippers don't know much about
>>
>>916731
Do most Christian "experts" just completly suck at their study. I'm an atheist, family is a bunch of devote Protestants. I've watched a few proffessors give biblical history lectures on youtube and now I know more about the subject than my entire family combined.
>>
>>918997
I quite like imperialism, I wish we could have annexed Iraq to turn it into a territory.
>>
>>921830
It's a shame that many Christians are socially religious, the new testament is a very great lesson for today's world.
>>
>>922355
the new testament would be a great lesson for today's world: someone can make a failed apocalyptic prophecy and people will still be able to sell the snake oil for generations after "the last generation"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.