[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was more successful in Afghanistan? The USSR or The US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: kal-econ-cartoon-11-26-09-web.jpg (185 KB, 550x352) Image search: [Google]
kal-econ-cartoon-11-26-09-web.jpg
185 KB, 550x352
Who was more successful in Afghanistan? The USSR or The US?
>>
The United States. Either way, neither of them pacified the county and neither of them ever will. I
>>
>>916108
Did the US control more Afghan territory than the USSR? Cause I cant find any maps that show how much both controlled.
>>
I was say it was Soviet Russia because they simply failed to take down a political enemy.
The USA did that as well as build up the political enemy in the first place.
>>
>>916114
By the end the USSR and the Afghan government only controlled urban population centers and the roads that connected them. The US toppled the Taliban government and handed it over to local forces, then proceeded to nation build for a decade. Afghan forces control a lot more now than the USSR backed government did.
>>
It's impossible to conquer Afghanistan unless you are, wait for it... the Mongols.
>>
>>916259
>It's impossible to conquer Afghanistan unless you are, wait for it... as brutal as the the Mongols.
>>
>>916093
US
>>
>>916158
>only controlled urban population centers

There is literally only one city in the entire country. The rest of it is basically just the wild west controlled by different tribal groups. Its a meme country and no one seems to understand this. Although to his credit, in the 2008 campaign, McCain called out Obama for being a dope for not realizing this
>>
>>916259
>upboat xd
>>
>>916093
Everyone lost desu, specially Afghanistan
>>
>>916259
I hope you get AIDS
>>
>>918205
Or the Greeks
Or a bunch of Iranic Princes.
Or the Turkics.

Graveyard of Empires is an Anglocuck term to cover up their asses during their defeat their and was brought up again during the Soviet Invasion. Historically, Afghan is typical of the region: a piece of South Central Asia/Middle East that got passed around by numerous dynastic rulers.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.