[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Julius Caesar never said "et tu Brutus" >he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: hatoful boyfriend.jpg (341 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
hatoful boyfriend.jpg
341 KB, 1200x1600
>Julius Caesar never said "et tu Brutus"
>he probably just screamed and shat in his toga
>mfw the best death in history is fictional

Why is historically accurate history so disappointing /his/?
>>
He caught Casca's hand when he moved to stab him.

That's pretty badass.
>>
how do you know that you're image is any more accurate?
>>
>>915618
sounds cool but where can I read of this
>>
>>915628
woah
>>
File: 1452373355182.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1452373355182.png
444 KB, 800x600
>Shakespeare
>>
>915631
tbqh I have no idea if that's actually true. It's just one of those pieces of historical trivia I've 'known' forever.
>>
>>915613
You can assume that every historical quote is fake or misconstrued.
>>
>>915637
fuck off retard
>>
>>915613
>>Julius Caesar never said "et tu Brutus"
Of course not. He would have known how to use the vocative.
>>
>>915837
Wanted to say this. OP is a pleb.
>>
Just take comfort in DEUS VULT. Definitely probably not real.
>>
>>915613
>Julius Caesar never said "et tu Brutus"
That's right, he said kαὶ σὺ, τέkνον like the Greekaboo he was
>>
>>915767
Shhh. Don't spoil humanity's sick dank fan fiction.
>>
>>915613

Because ours is an imperfect universe.
>>
File: 1457670948800.png (234 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1457670948800.png
234 KB, 540x405
>Ywn see an epic fight scene like in the Matrix 2 with Caesar being Neo and the senators as agent smith
>>
File: 1422530830606.jpg (39 KB, 420x360) Image search: [Google]
1422530830606.jpg
39 KB, 420x360
>the best death in history is fictional
But Thermopylae totally happened.
>>
>>916881
But that fight scene sucked
>>
Look up Giles Corey, who died in the Salem Witch trials without pleading guilty or innocent, to take advantage of a loophole which meant he wouldn't forfeit his estate, therefore allowing his sons to inherit it upon his death. He spent three days under boards being weighed down by more and more stones, only replying "More weight," every time officials came to ask him how he plead.
>>
>>917138

He was 81.
>>
>>917138

Also officially documented and witnessed to have happened.
>>
File: huey long.jpg (23 KB, 354x450) Image search: [Google]
huey long.jpg
23 KB, 354x450
"Oh lord, don't let me die. I still have so much to do!"
>>
File: Bald-ass-dinosaur.jpg (13 KB, 196x251) Image search: [Google]
Bald-ass-dinosaur.jpg
13 KB, 196x251
>>915613
>Why is historically accurate history so disappointing /his/?

Because there's no God.
>>
>>915631
read the same in michael grants "kleopatra".
he was even able to stab his hand, because casca failed to cut his throat
>>
>>915628
your*
>>
>Kiss me hardy

>Merde
>>
Otho killed himself to prevent civil war. That was pretty cool.
>>
> the best death in history

The French king that got shanked in the guts, pulled out the knife and said 'do I look like I give a shit?' then stabbed his assassin to death trumps Caesar.
>>
>>917213
>He actually believes this
>>
>These confederates couldn't hit the broad side of a barn
>Said by Union general before being shot
>>
>>917506
Name?
>>
>>915613
Since Roman nobility communicated in ancient greek, he would have said "Kai su, teknon" anyways. Or something like that. Pls dont hate on my ancient greek, dunno how to write that shit
>>
Tfw you'll never know if any of those Diogenes stories are true.
>>
>>917515
you mean the one that said
"What are you afraid of men? At this range they couldn't even hit an elephurgh"
>>
>>917828
>yfw none of them are true and diogenes was just some bum philosophers built a meme around, to his dismay
>>
>>915613

>et tu brutus

it's "tu quoque brute"

but it was in greek anyway
>>
>>915613
According to the Romans, he didn't say anything.
>>
>mfw the real history of Alexander is far more awesome than the fictional romance

Based God
>>
>>915613
well in the lives of the twelve caesars suetonius says that julius yelled out "this is violence' as he was stabbed, but when he saw brutus with a knife in his hands he fell silent and did not utter any other sounds again as he died
it also talks about some kind of curse upon the perpetrators saying that they all died soon and violent deaths so idk how real it is

also you niggers need to read more books, this whole board feels like its filled with plebian youtube/facebook fags
>>
>>915613
>ywn have a girlfriend like her
jdimsa
>>
>>917921
I've read 12 caesars and histories and annals, is there any other core reading on antique, and preferably bronze age periods? Even though I read those books I feel like my knowledge of the period is very "spotty"
>>
>>917903
Not true, Suetonius notes that some people day he said "kai sy, teknon;" ("and you, child?") in Greek.

"As he took his seat, the conspirators gathered about him as if to pay their respects, and straightway Tillius Cimber, who had assumed the lead, came nearer as though to ask something; and when Caesar with a gesture put him off to another time, Cimber caught his toga by both shoulders; then as Caesar cried, "Why, this is violence!" one of the Cascas stabbed him from one side just below the throat. Caesar caught Casca's arm and ran it through with his stylus, but as he tried to leap to his feet, he was stopped by another wound. When he saw that he was beset on every side by drawn daggers, he muffled his head in his robe, and at the same time drew down its lap to his feet with his left hand, in order to fall more decently, with the lower part of his body also covered. And in this wise he was stabbed with three and twenty wounds, uttering not a word, but merely a groan at the first stroke, though some have written that when Marcus Brutus rushed at him, he said in Greek, "You too, my child?" All the conspirators made off, and he lay there lifeless for some time, and finally three common slaves put him on a litter and carried him home, with one arm hanging down. And of so many wounds none turned out to be mortal, in the opinion of the physician Antistius, except the second one in the breast."
>>
>>918143
*say, not day
>>
Caesar spoke nothing and covered himself with his toga as a last resort of being a "People hero" figure.

Also, who is the girl in OPs pic? 11/10. Where can I find girls like her?
>>
File: 1454781610746.png (3 MB, 1650x900) Image search: [Google]
1454781610746.png
3 MB, 1650x900
He said : "kαὶ σύ, τέkνον"
Cultured people like him usually spoke Greek.
>>
>>917857
Like Jesus?
>>
File: ChristianBale.gif (548 KB, 255x184) Image search: [Google]
ChristianBale.gif
548 KB, 255x184
>>917512
Yep.
>>
>>915613
>the best death in history is fictional
ahem
>The city is fallen and I am still alive
>>
File: bosworthbattle04-1.jpg (93 KB, 400x443) Image search: [Google]
bosworthbattle04-1.jpg
93 KB, 400x443
>>915613

Sometimes the real history is better.

>A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!

>God forbid I yield one step. This day I shall die a king, or win.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.