[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell happened to Germany, and society as a whole? W
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
What the hell happened to Germany, and society as a whole? Why is everything so dirty and shady now? Cities no longer look like this, no one is so emotional around random strangers. Did Germany die after WWI, like a lot of other powers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0
>>
>>915368
German Romanticism was destroyed by WW1&2 and is now replaced by "Pragmaticism"
There is no Germany anymore, They are now pretty much serious Americans
>>
>>915368
How does the 116 years gap differ in cities like London, Paris, Moscow?
>>
>>915401
Well, for Paris I know it was the same beautiful setting. Paris even being conquered in 1814 still retained its French beauty and significance. I also realized how even the bums would be considered well dressed in today's standards. Why are standards dead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL8xA3-DLBU
>>
>>915407
Then it may be a case of "the world has changed" instead of "wth happened to Germany"
>>
>>915416
It's a change for the worse however... Up until WWI society was generally getting better and better.
>>
Most of modern German cities look like some Eastern Block faggotopia, albeit less dirty. Literally commieblocks and brutalist/functionalist shit everywhere.
>>
>>915453
If you look at Filthadelphia, it used t actually be a pretty and nice place too. Now it's smelly, dirty, riddled with hobos and terribly dressed people, and glass sky scrapers. Was it possibly capitalism? Germany was bombed to hell so a lot of the buildings simply don't exist. I have a hunch even old Moscow was nice.
>>
>>915427

In your opinion, sure.
>>
>>915499
History is mostly opinion any way, don't see how you can defend current society though.
>>
>>915507

Through context. You Golden Age thinkers always exist. Bored and upset how society hasn't given you what you've yearned so hard for when you look at another time.

I'm sure there were many like you back then, too. Hoping to go back to the Renaissance or another time. Always conveniently ignoring the most awful portions of that world.
>>
>>915407
Hobos smell SO bad in Paris. I've never smelt anything so awful and rancid as when I came here. It's like they pissed themselves, slept in their own piss and halfway through the night they shit all over their damp, piss-engorged trousers only to wake up in a puddle of their own vomit to then spill stale beer over themselves.

This hobo walked along the carriage and it smelt so bad. However, it wasn't immediate. It was like in those chinese cartoons where the sword slash doesn't affect the enemy until a few seconds later. The hobo's stench had anime lag. Jesus christ it was disgusting.
>>
>>915523
Hobos are hobos m8, not what OP meant
>>
>>915368
Why don't you watch this movie? It addresses your problem.

Also, Marion Colliard is a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>915533
J'ai oublie l'image
>>
>>915507
>don't see how you can defend current society though.
What do you think is wrong with current society? It's better than ever.
>>
>>915523
That wasn't a hobo, that was probably a french philosopher.
>>
>>915552
Selfie sticks.
>>
File: 1427594544537.png (98 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1427594544537.png
98 KB, 618x618
>>915552
>>
>>915368
Germany is more prosperous and powerful than ever before.
>>
>>915570
fair point

>>915575
not bait

The only thing I can think of is anime, and that's a Japanese thing.
>>
>>915673
Look
At the Bundeswehr funding. Look at Merkel. Look at this b8
And this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMQkV5cTuoY
>>
>>915368
The Great War. It killed the best of a generation and destroyed the German national identity and pride.
>>
irony and guesswhotheyism
>>
Cars.

They ruined the aesthetic of cities. And added a massive amount of air and noise pollution. And a whole bunch of extra traffic related deaths. They generally make cities an unpleasant place to be in now.

Fuck cars.
>>
File: tkrz4jaccwgasjbdyylh.png (1 MB, 1015x677) Image search: [Google]
tkrz4jaccwgasjbdyylh.png
1 MB, 1015x677
>>915920
Look how nice a city can look when taken back from the automobile menace
>>
Before cars
>>
>>915937
After cars
>>
File: 1459450645139.jpg (29 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1459450645139.jpg
29 KB, 460x460
>>915368
>>
>>915920
This guy has it.
>>
>>915938
God damn it that's ugly
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.