[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the toughest, smaller country, judging from their military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: koksal-baba_910012.jpg (37 KB, 599x392) Image search: [Google]
koksal-baba_910012.jpg
37 KB, 599x392
Which is the toughest, smaller country, judging from their military history?

I would say Vietnam
>rebelled agains Chinese rule all the time
>successfully defended against mongol invasion when the mongols were the most powerful
>completely destroyed the French army
>defeated the US even though they were divided
>occupied Cambodia without hardship
>>
>>915112
You forgot the bit that French held them for a century and China for a millenia.
>>
Vietnam, Finland, Israel
>>
File: muhcitizenarmy.jpg (48 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
muhcitizenarmy.jpg
48 KB, 620x413
Switzerland
>>
Finland's military history is pretty impressive
Vietnam was hard to rule partly because it is covered in jungle, still impressive regardless.
Bhutan managed to stay independent for an extremely long time.
>>
Chile, they started as a small province and their army took the peruvian capital in the Pacific War

I´d also mention Cuba for sending a big expeditionary force to fight in Africa.
>>
>defeated the US even though they were divided

More like North Vietnam defeated South Vietnam.
>>
Vietnam has something like 80 million people so I'm not sure they qualify as a 'small' nation, unless you judge places like Germany, Iran and Turkey by the same criteria
>>
>completely destroyed the French Army

Nope
>>
>>915268
Bullshit war financed by Germany providing brand new weapons training and money to allow favorable taxation for saltpeter, required to manufacture weapons, until they no longer needed it after they manage to create it in a lab.

Chilel was efectively a mercenary army for european companies, ofc they had the upper hand so no, the small province is nationalistic propaganda bullshit from Villalobos
>>
Ethiopia maybe?
established in 980 BC iirc and is still independent today

only dignified state in Africa prove me wrong
>>
>>915446
are you peruvian by any chance
>>
>>915446
are you butthurt by any chance
>>
>>915413
>completely destroyed by both France and America
>still survive to destroy ching chongs
gooks2strong
>>
>>915464
>>915446
Nope, chilean

Google the armament anons, why would a poor country pre-saltpeter based economy have state of the art weaponry? Why would Bismarck respond to the US saying they should allow latinamerican nations to decide their fate, in direct opposition to the Monroe doctrine?

Face it, Chile got paid to do a job. It proved profitable with the copper which was unexpected, but a mercenary army nonetheless
>>
>>915112
Rwanda after Paul Kagame. His RPF army was considered one of the most disciplined and powerful armies of the 90s, considering the size. Tiny country basically taking down the giant DRC and forcing millions of Hutu refugees back through nearly intractable terrain to reintegrate into Rwanda. Crazy.
>>
>>915205
Israel is the country equivalent of a 5'5 guy who is obsessed with fitness and masculinity to compensate.
>>
>>915808
Also who was born on a gold craddle and his lawyer daddy has his back everytime he fucks everyone else, getting away with it
>>
>>915230
>military history of not doing anything for the past 400 years
>>
Macedonia
>>
>>915268
>Cuba

Plz no
>>
Ireland, it took centuries to fully take over the Island and even then the populace did not give in. They battered the Vikings literally, Assimilated the Normans into their culture, and have the Anglo's hell on Earth in response to occupation.
>>
File: NORTHERNIRELANDBelfastWallMurals.jpg (249 KB, 1600x1068) Image search: [Google]
NORTHERNIRELANDBelfastWallMurals.jpg
249 KB, 1600x1068
>>916578
>>
>>915112
Just leave out the fact they weren't independent for a millenia and got cucked in a week by the Japanese.
>>
>>916245
But anon, such country does not exist at all
>>
Greece probably.
>>
How did nobody mention Portugal?
You disappoint me, /his/
>>
>>916255
> 35.000 - 50.000 troops
> 1000 vehicles, including tanks
> Mig fighters
> to fucking Africa
Not many countries play in that league
>>
>>916245
Macedonia was a geopolitical prank that went too far
>>
>>916932
All that gear was soviet so no
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 401x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 401x337
Finland
>>
File: gr.jpg (80 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
gr.jpg
80 KB, 500x375
>>915112

Afghanistan: The graveyard of empires
>>
>>917114
Picture Finland 1942
>>
File: af.jpg (106 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
af.jpg
106 KB, 600x420
>>917115
>>
>>916723
t. You Know Who
>>
File: loljews.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
loljews.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>917048
>>
>>917115
They're overrun by Islam though.
>>
>>917209
>t. assblasted americuck
>>
Singapore.
>>
>>917777
Tough against WHAT?

They don't even have enough domestic drinking water
>>
>>915808
Israel is the equivalent of rich 5'5 guy who's surrounded by 6'7 niggers who hate his guts because he wrecked their shit all the time despite of his posture.
>>
>>916723
Moortugal?

I don't know any great historical military leaders outside of Alberto Barbosa. Who was KANGZ AN SHIEEET
>>
>>917814
thanks to the white guys that give him free money weapons and occasionaly attacking the niggers in person
>>
Either Israel or Switzerland.
>>
>>917854
Anon, let's be serious.

Niggers got their weapons from SJW's as well though. it was just like:
>nigger #1 - let nigger #2 do all the shit, I'll rob this guy's house after he finished
>nigger #2 - let nigger #3 do all the shit, I'll rob this guy's house after he finished
>nigger #3 - let nigger #1 do all the shit, I'll rob this guy's house after he finished

So he took them one by one like a champ.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.