[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Akhenaten and Tut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: akhnatontall.jpg (19 KB, 201x500) Image search: [Google]
akhnatontall.jpg
19 KB, 201x500
So what is up with these two physically speaking? Akhenaten is represented as having wide hips, a pudgy belly, and a strangely African looking face (not quite somali, but there is some group or another that has super sharp features like he does), and his son Tutankhaten (later Tutankhamun) is later determined to have those features too? http://www.express.co.uk/news/history/525480/King-Tutankhamun-breasts-hips-club-foot-truth

Does that mean that maybe it was less of a stylistic movement (Atenist artwork) and maybe more of a pathology of the royal family? Since the Pharoah was supposed to be divinity on earth, how could the artists represent him in any other way than as they saw him (which was what determined what was "perfect"). Do you think father and son both had a disease, were of a different ethnicity, or was Atenist art truly just a style shift?
>>
He was inbred to hell so It's not surprising that he was probably defective.

His brain seemed normal though.
>>
File: akhfam2.gif (92 KB, 335x289) Image search: [Google]
akhfam2.gif
92 KB, 335x289
>>1101404
It's just weird because even in the art of him he breaks a lot of cultural norms. No other Pharoah ever is depicted with their wife and kids in terms of an *actual scene*. He's playing with his kids. No Pharoah before or since is depicted in such a human way. Side note: I'm not sure Akhenaten was the greatest statesman, based on the Amarna letters. I have a pet theory that his mother Tiye, and her parents Yuya and Tjuya were forgeiners of some kind. Makes sense why freaking everyone hated Ay, and why nefertiti was so okay with him more or less controlling Tut.
>>
>>1101387
Egyptians are Africans
Southern Egyptians have that sort of look, not somaili or bantu but its own thing.

he was likely inbred as fuck so that could be one reason
then again Atenism was pretty significant and a MASSIVE intellectual development which we have very little info about so its hard to say

I doubt he was a foreigner as something like that would be more obvious, its definitely more an artistic/ideological thing

his family is the family of God, making his statues look strange like that gives him an almost "otherworldly" divine look compared to the idealized human figures that were common prior.
>>
>>1101387
he had klinefelters disease
>>
>>1101520
Oh come on you know I meant sub-saharan.

I'm skeptical of the claim of southern Egyptians from today as there has been a shitload of migration and genetic drift since his reign, but I don't have any better ideas so I can believe that until I do more research and find out what's the best theory.
>>
>>1101704
even sub-saharan Africa is a big place, and you seem to be referring to "Bantu" people's features

he doesn't really look bantu at all, Alien if anything
>>
>>1101704
Haven't black africans along with other groups lived in what is now the Sahara in the past? Since when we're black africans confined to the south of the sahara?
>>
>>1101733
they lived in North Africa too and still do

when mongs say "sub-saharan" they usually mean one cultural group, the Bantu mainly
>>
>>1101740
Wait is that a stereotype? I have been using it in the anthropological sense (Bantu, Yoruba, Khoisan, Zulu, all the little ones) and people literally have just thought I've been talking about Bantu?
>>
>>1101454
The guy banned the Egyptian religion and started his own. Fucking shit up and being weird was his thing.
>>
>>1101559
Then how does he have children? Its highly likely though that he had high amounts of estrogen.
>>
Why do people refer to Akhenaten as "the first individual in history"? Is it because he focused on himself or took strides by himself?

I really wish we knew more about him. Imagine the long line of causes that could convince an emperor to forgo divinity as well as thw state religion for monotheism. That's such an insane change, it's not even practical considering the loss of legitimacy from deopping the god emperor title.
>>
WE
>>
>>1102711
No.
>>
>>1101387
Marfan's Disease

>>1102711
WUZ
>>
>>1101930
he was cucked
>>
>>1102737
KANGZ
>>
>>1102812
N' SHIT
>>
>>1101985
Well in a sense he gained a different kind of legitimacy. Only he was allowed to worship Aten, while every other Egyptian had to worship Akhenaten himself.

Is that really a downgrade? If anything he's making himself the ONLY god available for worship.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.