[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genocide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 23
File: Armenian-genocide-bones_thumb.jpg (179 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
Armenian-genocide-bones_thumb.jpg
179 KB, 680x453
Why is the Armenian genocide that was carried out by the Turks such an undiscussed piece of history, considering how many people were killed and the fact that it happened only 100 years?

What are your opinions on it?
>>
>>913569
*100 years ago
>>
>>913569
Yes, because nationalists never shut up about it

>inb4 t. Mehmet
>>
>>913580
What do you mean by that?
What Nationalists speak about it?
I honestly don't know
>>
>>913569
>it happened
t. armenian diaspora
>>
>>913569
How is that undiscussed? It's like the bronze medalist of most discussed genocides after the holocaust and the genocide of native americans.
>>
only france pushes the question to blackmail turkey, turkey offered to open the archives togheter with france and armenia but they declined it. Armenia just wants monies lolz
>>
File: 2.jpg (308 KB, 1500x969) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
308 KB, 1500x969
>>913610
In my experience a lot of people are unaware of it, and a lot of people even try to deny it or claim it was morally the right thing to do

I guess "relatively undiscussed" would have been a better way to put it
>>
File: IMG_1208.jpg (92 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1208.jpg
92 KB, 600x362
>>913633
its not about money
its about recognizing a genocide and preventing more form occurring
>>
File: 466723495_3178901b.jpg (141 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
466723495_3178901b.jpg
141 KB, 620x387
>>913651
Exactly. I guess you can't even ask the government that genocided a people to be honest about it without that givernment rubbing salt in your wounds and insulting you
>>
>>913651
Come on mate its about blackmailing turkey .
Armenians want and/or land and their diaspora is pushing for it.
>>
Because Armenians don't own the entire media industry.
>>
>>913668
*money and/or land
>>
>>913633
Turkey actively denies that it was a genocide though
>>
File: Armenian_genocide_heads.jpg (289 KB, 472x686) Image search: [Google]
Armenian_genocide_heads.jpg
289 KB, 472x686
>>913668
What if they just want to be recognized a ps a victim of a crime against humanity? Why do you think that's far-fetched?
>>
Fuck Turks
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 250x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 250x285
>>913633
>>913668
>>913671
T.mehmet turgkoden
>>
>>913680
*as a
>>
>>913651
im the (you), who cares what people 4 generations ago did?
Accusing todays turks for what happend in beginning of 1900 is political game, and pure bullshit. Its a European cuck thing to feel sorry about everyone and giving them tons of money.

Armenia is a shithole and cant do shit about it, its the EU countries trying to push it down turkeys throat. And if Turkey closed its borders to Armenia they would starve to death
>>
undiscussed? as in within this board? because everyone heard of it.
>>
Armenia teamed up with Russia and the ottomans killed them, turkish story.
Theres also one report from a british officer saying that kurds killed civilians and stuff
>>
>>913704
Again, its not blaming the current Turks for what their great grandfathers did. Its recognizing and preventing others for occuring
>>
>>913713
yeah ofc, gib us monies plz we poor.
>>
File: fuckedaasss.png (160 KB, 500x251) Image search: [Google]
fuckedaasss.png
160 KB, 500x251
>>913719
I personally disagree with the reparation bullshit regarding the genocide. All i want is public awareness and recondition. I dont believe in money for it.
>>
>>913719
>kek, I'll just keep saying the same thing XD
>>
File: 1426987066540.jpg (14 KB, 280x273) Image search: [Google]
1426987066540.jpg
14 KB, 280x273
>>913733
dubs dont lie
>>
>>913706
Something being heard of is not the same as something being discussed or understood

And yes, many people are unaware of it, believe it or not
>>
>>913676
It seems plausible though I mean armenians were known to be the best minority just killing them would be stupid but sending them away from hot areas where they can't get rebellious ideas into their heads sounds more how it would go I think.

>>913680
Every protest about the genocide has people calling for the return of 'western armenia' so I'm a bit sceptic about it.
>>
>>913731
thats because youre naive.
"Public awareness" = Turks are bad and armenians poor bastards.

Thats why the academic world is full of white guilt and hate
>>
>>913747
Im not naive actually
>>
>>913747
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your Turkish, are you not?
>>
>>913746
>It seems plausible
seriously? it's plausible that it wasn't genocide. you just gave yourself up, Turkfag
>>
>>913704

>Accusing todays turks for what happend in beginning of 1900 is political game,

Nobody is accusing today turks of the genocide.

We are upset that you DENY THAT IT HAPPENED. We are upset that you use global influence to harras people who want to find out the truth, or hold ceremonies to remember the dead. We are upset that you arrest people who want to discuss this HISTORICAL FACT.

fucking turks...

Tell Erdogan I like the new song about him: ERDOWIE ERDOWO ERDOGAN!
>>
>>913760
I never said that I wasn't a turk but why wouldn't it be plausible ?
>>
>>913747

If the acedemic world was so full of white guilt it would never accuse Turks of doing something bad.

You aren't implying turks are more white than armenians, are you?
>>
>>913761
>It happend
Turkey offically came out and wanted to open the archives with france and armenia.
Maybe its all hoax, but they denied it...
>>
>>913773
>not getting the point
Imperial England, slave europe, slave USA etc etc
>>
>>913773
turks are white, what are you talking about?
are you a kurd?
>>
>>913778
Why do you think denying history and/or trying to justify genocide makes you Turks look better?
>>
>>913783
Well thats if you believe it happend in the first place...
You dont start at number 1, you start at 0 then go to 1, turks are at 0 and france is at 1. Get it?
>>
>>913704
>And if Turkey closed its borders to Armenia they would starve to death
Turkey closed its borders in 1994 because their Azeri brother got blown out in Karabach
>>
>>913791
well Armenians are starving to death pretty much...
>>
>>913789
come on, Turkbro. you know this is almost holocaust revisionism tier, right?
>>
>>913661
the ottoman government doesn't exist anymore senpai
>>
>>913610
>native Americans
>genocide
>>
>>913812
>almost
Im not saying it didnt happen, im for the opening of the archives and find out the truth, it was after all war time and everyone was trying to tear down the ottoman empire. The parts were it "happend" is kurd dominated, theres even theories that say that kurdish clans did it, they were loyal to the ottoman state, but the armenians wasnt.
>>
>>913823
Well open the archives then instead of making shit up.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (57 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
57 KB, 500x281
>>913821
>undiscussed piece of history
>>
>>913818
Next you'll tell me the Roman Empire doesn't exist anymore

Top kek
>>
>>913661
>genocide
no such thing exists, what did exists were mass murders.
>>
>>913823

>it didnt happen lol
>if it did happen, the kurds did it

This is why Turdgay will never be allowed to join the EU
>>
>>913661
Turks have armenian blood, nearly all of them, so no genocide occured only mass murders of political opponents.
>>
>>913939
>>913947
Sure thing. Killing 1.5 million people was totally okay

Those were my brothers in Christ they killed
>>
>>913960
don't you have bigger problems with the amount of Christians dying in Africa and Latin America? 60,000 died to murder in Brazil last year.
>>
>>913746
t*rks are a bit skeptic of relinquishing any of the lands they still hold in bondage despite their ethnic natives desire to separate
>>
>>913975
There are no natives left in that land to secede so thats that.
It might sound edgy but right of conquest etc determines turks to hold that land.
>>
>>913569
Because it's been politicized turning what was one of several devastating ethnic cleansing crimes, famines, plagues, and massacres, into a legal charge of genocide that Armenian and Turkish diaspora lobby and impose themselves in at every single turn.

You can't discuss it as history without the debate turning into a political rally and counter-protest almost immediately in this day and age. Hell you can't even access either Turkish or Armenian archives freely without any political influence or interference from either state.
>>
File: Mongol phone.jpg (35 KB, 416x300) Image search: [Google]
Mongol phone.jpg
35 KB, 416x300
>>913761
> Nobody is accusing today turks of the genocide.

Sure, but once the Turks of today agree that the Armenians were genocided, the demands for reparations from the Turks of today will begin.

Thanks to the post-WWII Jews, claims of genocide have become an industry and while I have no problem acknowledging that the Turks genocided the Armenians, I can understand why they don’t want to formally admit it.

(Polish-American here, and I’m still waiting for my reparations check from Mongolia…)
>>
>>913569
You know what the sad thing about genocide is. It usually works turkey is far more stable and stronger country for killing most of its Armenians, imagine if they had to deal with an Armenian and Kurdish and possibly Greek separatist
>>
File: hungarian empire.png (312 KB, 677x355) Image search: [Google]
hungarian empire.png
312 KB, 677x355
>>914011
German here, stilling waiting for the Huns to pay reparations.
>>
>>914011
Well I mean in all fairness the Armenians got a lot more fucoed by there genocide than the jews long term.
>>
>>914024
Huns have 404d from existence centuries ago so good luck with that.
>>
>>914024
list of countries that should demand reparations from Mongolia.

39 countries
[hide]

Afghanistan
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Bhutan
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
China
Croatia
Czech Republic
Georgia
Hungary
India
Iran
Iraq
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Kuwait
Laos
Moldova
Mongolia
Montenegro
Myanmar
North Korea
Pakistan
Poland
Romania
Russia
Serbia
Slovakia
South Korea
Syria
Tajikistan
Thailand
Turkey
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Vietnam

>>914050
Mongolians still exist.
>>
>>914057
Huns were a hodgepodge tribal confederation of Xiongnu, Siberian steppe peoples, Turks of at least three flavours, Germanics, proto-Mongols (Xianbei) and possibly Iranics as well.

Huns were more of a mass migration towards the next easily available booty than a homogenous or tangible ethnic group. Leadership might have been Xiongnu at first, then possibly Germanic during its last days.
>>
>>914057
according to /int/ tumors, you forgot australia
>>
>>914075
Don't forget Slavs as well.
>>
>>914057
>Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro
Only cause they were part of Hungary at the time, doubt there was ever a single Mongol in those places at the time

>Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan
Only came about in their modern borders due to the Mongol invasion, were among the vanguards of Jochis own invasion forces

>Mongolia
Epic, senpai
>>
>>914097
>doubt there was ever a single Mongol in those places at the time

Neger bitte

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grobnik_field
>>
The Mongols began attacking Europe in the 1220s. They conquered most of Russia and then headed west in the late 1230s. In almost every battle the Christian armies were destroyed and much of Hungary, Poland, Austria and the Balkans were laid waste by Batu Khan, grandson of Genghis Khan. It is known that the Mongols overran Zagreb and swept through Lika and Dalmatia but were unable to take Vinodol. The extent of death and destruction dealt out by the Mongols was compared to an epidemic of the black plague.
>>
>>914106
>>914128
Well, I stand corrected. Sorry for being an ass.

Any and all reparations will be paid in sheep, airag, gutals and dels.
>>
File: 1241ad1344647056465.jpg (965 KB, 1242x1738) Image search: [Google]
1241ad1344647056465.jpg
965 KB, 1242x1738
>>914040
> Well I mean in all fairness the Armenians got a lot more fucoed by there genocide than the jews long term.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about; who defines what is “in all fairness”?

Every single human on the planet can make a reparations claim that their ancestors were genocided and/or oppressed by someone else’s ancestors and once you open that box, (as the Jews did post-WWII) it causes nothing but trouble, as succeeding generations who did NOT do the genociding and/or oppressing, are forced to pay up.

Some Jews are now even saying that the WWII holocaust affects even the children and grandchildren of Jews who were in concentration camps during the war.

Yes, they’re literally claiming “genetic memory”, the implication being that reparations payments will NEVER end, as each succeeding generation will continue to “suffer” the effects of the oppression…
>>
>>913970
Of course not, they are shitskins. Christian virtues don't apply there.
>>
>>914106
>Many scholars and historians have long doubted and still are arguing if the battle ever took place. Most of them acknowledge that battle didn't occur at all.[1] There has been no physical evidence of a battle uncovered on the supposed battlefield, nor is the battle mentioned in any document from that time.[2] >The first accounts about this battle are mentioned in the documents from the 14th century, but some claim that they were either a hoax or not verifiable.
>>
>>914174
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Europe#Invasion_of_the_Kingdom_of_Croatia
>>
File: post WWII.gif (71 KB, 698x471) Image search: [Google]
post WWII.gif
71 KB, 698x471
>>914021
>You know what the sad thing about genocide is. It usually works turkey is far more stable and stronger country for killing most of its Armenians

One of the few good things about Communism was the post-WWII forced population transfer of various ethnicities in Central and Eastern Europe.

While admittedly bloody, the end result was a net positive, as Poland today is a homogeneous society that is something like 97% ethnic Polish.
>>
>>914267
more like the genocide of German civilians to revanchist racists.
>>
>>914330
You snooze you lose. Gamble for the world and lose, and you can expect to lose some clay.
>>
>>914380
You snooze you lose. Invade Germany and lose, expect to suffer some camp causalities.
>>
File: Western Slavic Lands.png (337 KB, 723x599) Image search: [Google]
Western Slavic Lands.png
337 KB, 723x599
>>914330
>revanchist racists
>>
>>914390
>deporting based on race
>not racists
>>
>>914390
20 million German civilians were genocided by staunch racist anti-germans.
>>
>>914383
>You snooze you lose. Invade Germany and lose, expect to suffer some camp causalities.
But the Allies won...? Both times...?
>>
File: bssr.png (1 MB, 1205x935) Image search: [Google]
bssr.png
1 MB, 1205x935
>>914407
Jews lost the war.
>>
>>914267
So homogeneous societies are a good thing as long as they aren't evil Germanics.
>>
>>914414
>muh Spartacist uprising
Sure, whatever floats.
>>
>>913569
Well it's kinda of a touchy subject, turks deny it because they don't want to deal with the consequences of an action that another past government did and armenians want it to be recognize so they can get some kind of reparation and the west kinda doesn't touch it since they need turkey as an ally right now. It also opens up another can of worms, like should turkey pay anything for a crime it's predecessor did, how do we define a genocide? Would it still be a genocide if the armenians really revolted like the turks claim? What's the line between mass murder and genocide? etc. etc.
>>
File: Bavarian Genocide.png (102 KB, 326x835) Image search: [Google]
Bavarian Genocide.png
102 KB, 326x835
>>914414
>How would you react if, for example a foreign group led by an illegal Austrian immigrant succesfully overthrew your lawful and civil government?
>>
File: marxists need to kill this.jpg (32 KB, 297x218) Image search: [Google]
marxists need to kill this.jpg
32 KB, 297x218
>>914424
Killing, deporting, and massacring Germans is fine and dandy, persecuting a group of people by the actions of fellow members of that group is okay when allies do it.
>>
>>913569
For the very same reason the trail of tears is barely considered a """"genocide"""", relocating a huge population with no food or logistics might be stupid, but no genocidal.
>>
>>913569
Every single fucking year the Turkish embassy gets overrun by loud hairy little women and louder assholes in sports cars.
>>
>>914161
Nah, they do
I don't know why people getting killed in the present dah makes it okay that Turkey killed 1.5 million people
>>
>>914460
Sounds like Turks
>>
>>914440
>Killing, deporting, and massacring Germans is fine and dandy, persecuting a group of people by the actions of fellow members of that group is okay when allies do it.
I don't see any problem with it.

Germany must perish.
>>
File: Power for power.jpg (591 KB, 1455x1080) Image search: [Google]
Power for power.jpg
591 KB, 1455x1080
Serious question, why does Turkey's government still try to skirt around the issue? What advantage do they gain from not acknowledging it? They're not fooling any other government except for Northern Cyprus maybe.
>>
>>913569
every idiot who listened to system of a down when they were kids bitches about it now...
>>
What genocide?
>>
makes me glad there are actually people who never started shit with others and hence dont "owe" anything to anyone, good job
>>
>>914922
Because armenians will probably try to jew some shit out of them, be it land or reparation costs, just like Greece or Russia tried regarding WW2
>>
Ottoman Empire genocided Armenians, not Turkish Republic. Good day.
>>
>>915456

Yeah, but it was the Young Turks, or the people who would go on to be the founders of the "Turkish Republic."
>>
>>913960
I don't think he was saying it was okay....
>>
>>913569
Honestly it's because kikes really try to sweep anything under the rug that "distracts" people from muh 600 trillion.
>>
>>915456
Republic of Turkey is literally founded by Parliment of Ottoman Empire.
>>
Check this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Secret_Army_for_the_Liberation_of_Armenia
>>
>>915529
Turks aren't Jewish
>>
>>915456
Those "Turkish Republicans" murdered over 200,000 Armenians and 200,000 Greeks, not counting how many they killed when they were still Young Turks, which most were.
>>
>>915886
>muh gazillions
>>
>>913761

Mehmet here. I don't deny it (don't give a fuck actually), I'm just upset that we weren't successful. We could've prevented Armenia, the genocide of our Azerbaijani bros and the occupation of Karabakh.

We seriously considered Armenians as our brothers all the way up to the 1. WW, but they betrayed us and got what they deserved. Pretty simple.
>>
>>915904
Are you Muslim?
>>
>>914021
>>914267
Yeah. Sure it's bad today if we kill all of the Armenians, confiscate their assets, and take all of their land. But in a 100 years it'll be just fine.
>>
>>915909
No. Muslims can not approve genocide.
>>
>>913569
Because the world elites have no desire to give the Armenians justice. In the current political landscape, mentioning that Muslims destroyed an entire Christian nation is the last thing our globalist politicians want to bring up. If it had been the other way around you bet they'd by ramming it and white guilt down everyone's throats. Look at the Yugoslav Wars. In a conflict where all sides committed many atrocities, they propagandized Serbs as monsters and tried to create a "Muslims Holocaust" because that would fit the political agenda. In the end it's all about politics.
>>
>>915931
Yeah, that's why I was asking.
>>
>>915965
That's why they keep denying it happened.
>>
>>913633
>>913823
>>913990
The whole "open your archives" thing is a Turkish revisionist theory. Armenia wasn't an independent state and did have their own government at the time, so there are no magically sealed documents to hide, the Turks just like to imagine there are. And if the Turks already removed any mention of ethnic cleansing from theirs it just goes to show how stupid this is.
>>
>>913569
Max Scheubner-Richter, a German vice consul and commander of a joint German-Turkish special guerrilla force, described plans to destroy the Armenians of the Ottoman Empire.

"The first item on this agenda concerns the liquidation of the Armenians. Ittihad will dangle before the Allies a specter of an alleged revolution prepared by the Armenian Dashnak party. Moreover, local incidents of social unrest and acts of Armenian self defense will deliberately be provoked and inflated and will be used as pretexts to effect the deportations. Once en route, however, the convoys will be attacked and exterminated by Kurdish and Turkish brigands, and in part by gendarmes, who will be instigated for that purpose by Ittihad."
>>
It's not a genocide. It's a series of massacres, civil war and the results of the ww1 and the russian invasion.

stop watching too much kardeshians
>>
>>916014
I don't watch that cancer but imagining that braindead bimbo talking about the Armenian genocide makes me laugh for some reason
>>
>>913569
Jews don't like to admit that they weren't the first and only victims of gebocide. Google 'uniqueness doctrine'.
>>
>>914400
>20 million German civilians were genocided by staunch racist anti-germans.

It'd would have been a lot more if it had been up to me.
>>
>>914424
>So homogeneous societies are a good thing as long as they aren't evil Germanics.

Post-WWII Germany was also a homogenous society.
>>
File: monty python life of brian.png (1 MB, 1280x693) Image search: [Google]
monty python life of brian.png
1 MB, 1280x693
>>915845
> Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia
>>
>>913651

"Preventing more from occurring" -on the heels of Iraq war.
>>
>>914158
But Jew got their reparations and we still do war reparations during the 20th century.

Hunting down war criminals even if time has passed for a long duration is still done because it sends a message that well will find you and we will try you in a court and you will be dealt punishment.
>>
>>913569
I can answer your genocide question with another: Why don't people care about the Central African Genocide under Leopold II?

The reason is that no one cares.
>>
>>913569
Americans aren't interested in committing genocide against Turks and claiming their land.
>>
>>913774
They could have easily purged their archives of any evidence and siply said "we dindu nuffin". its a political trick and it was right of Armenia to decline
>>
>>915456
Turkish is republic is the direct political succesor of the Ottoman Empire. This argument is so fucking stupid
>>
>>915904
piece of human trash
>>
File: 1184387_900.jpg (231 KB, 900x638) Image search: [Google]
1184387_900.jpg
231 KB, 900x638
>>913569
Because Turkey is needed to controll the Bosphorus by NATO, therefore the media is discouraged from discussing negative things about Turkey.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.