[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Kant so fucking overrated? His "categorical imperative"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: monkey1.jpg (65 KB, 634x875) Image search: [Google]
monkey1.jpg
65 KB, 634x875
Why is Kant so fucking overrated?

His "categorical imperative" is literally the simplest form of ethics and only appeals to little children. And his redefinition of the word "noumenon" is merely a repetition of platonic forms.
>>
>>912848
The Zero is the simplest thing ever and yet one of the most brilliant mathematic advances.
>>
Most philosophers are overrated
>>
Because Humefags still can't get over him
>>
It doesn't even apply to children.

If morals are necessity without condition, that means you're always being moral. People do things which morally conflict, and therefore aren't always being moral. Ergo, morals are not a necessity without condition. QED. Even a child knows you can lie. Since you can, it's not a necessity to tell the truth.

Imagine if someone said that it was necessary to stop every time you saw a stop sign; Kant sees people run the stop sign and says "that couldn't have happened!". He's fucking retarded.
>>
>>913106
>Is David Hume peeling out on my front lawn again?!
>This KANT be happening!
>>
>>912848
because people understand that speculations are sterile, but they still cling to them, so they invent the concept of ''thought experiment'' where this is time is OK to speculate and be paid for it.
>>
>>912848
My main problem with Kant is that his method of determining moral actions essentially boils down to a form of Utilitarianism
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.