[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"pursue what interests you" >interested in philosophical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: cuddeback2.jpg (62 KB, 880x495) Image search: [Google]
cuddeback2.jpg
62 KB, 880x495
>"pursue what interests you"
>interested in philosophical anthropology
>my only options are to teach

Should I just kill myself, /his/?
>>
>my only options are to teach
Just because it's the only option you know of doesn't mean it's the only option there is. You should know this.
>>
>>912700
I'd be inclined to ask for advice then
>>
honestly if you get a phd and then just collect neetbux who's going to judge you for that?
>>
>>912629
always leave suicide on the table
>>
>>912629
>interested in modern history
>my only option is becoming a tranny and getting buttfucked all day
Could be worse to be honest
>>
>>912792
Shit. I instantly regret being a medievalist.
>>
Your shouldn't do what interests you. Especially if it's fucking philosophy. Find a job that you are good at and that makes you feel satisfied then use your free time to explore philosophy. You will be much happier not being poor and not seeing what you once loved become your daily tormentor.
>>
>>912700
Muh feelings
>>
>>912763
Everyone who judged you before.
For example, I'm a neet with a master's degree and enough money to live without having to work, yet my parents give me shit all the time.
>anon why don't you go out more
>anon why don't you find yourself a girl
>anon why don't you use your education to contribute to local politics
>anon why don't you go back to school and take another degree
>anon why can't you be a normal person like everyone else
>>
Get a skill. Learn how to DO something, and make money. Pursue your interests in your spare time
>>
Why is it your only option? Why do you faggots always limit yourselves?
>>
>>913479
>>913479
OP here.

It's literally the only one that seems plausible to me currently.
>>
>>913401
This.

Fuck what you love. Learn to do something actually useful.
>>
>>913392

Your parents are shitty people.
>>
>>912629
you have other interests I'm sure
>>
>>912740
There's plenty of work you can get with a humanities degree. Just not in your specific field, apply to the business sector.

In the 40s, 50s, and 60s those degrees were loved for their ability to nurture critical and abstract thought, businessmen hired a lot of people with these backgrounds.

The economy is tougher these days in general and we're moving to a specialized economy but that doesn't mean you can't find a decent middle-class salary/wage with that degree if you just keep looking. Also, constantly accumulate extra skills/networks along the way.
>>
>>915190
>parents want their child to succeed
>they're shitty people

Come on, man. Cut them some slack.
>>
>>913392
im guessing youre a very insecure person because of your parents
>>
>>912958

The downside to this is that you will be worse at philosophy since you won't be keeping focused on it. Most of the professors in my department are quite happy doing philosophy as a career.
>>
>>915190
They sound like every relative I've ever met.
>>
>>914412

Why are you even considering philodophy if your mind can't fathom more than one thing?
>>
>interested in old video games, history of the hre and bohemia, and football
my only options are to kill myself
>>
>>913392

Your parents are right, though.
>>
>>913392
How much neet bux are you making?
>>
I just got a business consulting job yesterday after basically just talking about philosophy and history the entire interview, so it's not totally useless
>>
>>912802
>shit
not according to your freudian slip
>>
>>914412
why don't you use your education to change the world instead of just soaking it up and passing it on to the next person?
>>
>>917649
>make video games based around the HRE in the style of old video games
>coach youth football on the side

the only person stopping you from doing what you want, is you.
>>
>>912629
Be honest with yourself OP, if you lack the intelligence to become wealthy enough so that you can pursue it in your spare time or full time you probably shouldnt be studying philosophy at all.
>>
>>913392
>>anon why don't you use your education to contribute to local politics

Why don't you though
>>
>what interests me is shitposting and chinese cartoons
I can't even get neetbux in my country.
>>
>>912629
Ijo, you need to look at the bigger picture.

Philosophy is your interest, yet there are few jobs. However you considered that perhaps answering the call to philosophy doesn't require a specific job? Perhaps you should swallow your pride and work a job that doesn't deal with philosophy. Use this opportunity to not only meet others, but also to spread your philosophical ideas.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.