[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eastern Orthodoxy lost Constantinople <Roman Catholicism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Pope Francis.jpg (22 KB, 354x480) Image search: [Google]
Pope Francis.jpg
22 KB, 354x480
>Eastern Orthodoxy lost Constantinople
<Roman Catholicism has never lost Rome
>>
So /his/ , why does the Patriarch of Istanbul still calls himself the Patriarch of Constantinople?
>>
>>911921
I suppose it's in the hope that some day Constantinople will be regained from the Turks.

Maybe that day will come. It would be nice.
>>
>Eastern Orthodoxy
>can't figure out how to proselytize
>can't stand up to the Tsar
>can't convert the Mongols
>can't convert the Poles
>can't convert the Lithuanians
>have done nothing of relevance for centuries
>refuse to call out Tsarist abuses
>refuse to call out Soviet abuses
>supposed to at least be an opiate of the masses, but can't even manage that since Russia's suicide rate is sky-high
>churches are ugly

It's pretty funny how contrarians look to Orthodoxy as if it's better than Catholicism, much less better than something like Episcopalianism.
>>
>>911924
And what are you going to do with the millions of people that live there? Kick them out of their homes like barbarians? Kill them?
If you want Istanbul to be in Christian hands again you subhuman Orthoshits need to get off your lazy asses and evangelize the place
>>
>>911872
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Rome

>>911978
Try harder Cathocucks. You'll always worship a bunch of indulgence-letter selling, dogma-defining, whore-mongering, child-raping fraudsters.

No amount of worldly achievements will make up for crimes against Christ.
>>
>>912007
>sacking equals conquering
>more than half of those were before the schism

Orthodoxy not only lost Constantinople, it also lost Antioch, Kiev and Moscow, topkek.
>>
>>912041
It also lost the most important of them all anon
Rome :^)
>>
>>911981
>turks
>"""""""""""""""people"""""""""""""""""
pick one
>>
>>912041
Don't Moscow and Kiev still exist in non-Muslim nations?
>>
>>912045
I choose both and so does the Orthodox church
Plenty of Turkish converts to Christianity fought for the Byzantines
>>
>>912060
They lost it to the Soviets.
>>
>>912088
Well by that logic Catholics lost Rome to the Italians.
>>
>>912105
Not really since Italians were Catholics and didn't make the Church illegal
>>
>>912110
Well Soviets also don't exist anymore.
>>
>>912116
True, it wasn't until Pope John Paul II single-handedly defeated Communism that Orthodoxy became somewhat relevant again. God bless his soul.
>>
>>912125
>God bless his soul
Hey, there's a reason he recently acquired the full title of Pope Saint John Paul II the Great. He truly was a good and faithful servant who had done well and earned an honorable place at the Master's table.
>>
>>911921
Why would he call himself the patriarch of Istanbul? The united States has existed for at least twice as long as that city has been named Istanbul. Plus he's Greek, why would he use a Turkish title?
>>
>>912219
>Why would he call himself the patriarch of Istanbul?

This video actually gives a pretty good summary on why it may actually make sense to make the change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
>>
>>912041
and Catholicism lost all of northern Europe and is losing all of Europe by the day

nobody wants to pay taxes to the Whore of Babylon anymore
>>
File: popekiss.jpg (6 KB, 292x193) Image search: [Google]
popekiss.jpg
6 KB, 292x193
>>912158
He was a pathetic cuck
>>
>>912125
Wasn't Yeltsin's Motivation his Orthodox beliefs?
>>
>>912436
>But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
Matthew 5:44
>>
>>912441
>being an obsequious beta pussy
>good thing
>>
>>911872
>Roman Catholicism has never lost Rome
What was Vatican II if not capitulation to the forces of Freemasonry, Liberalism and World Jewry?
What was the Italian Risorgimento?
What were the various Popes who were kidnapped from/imprisoned inside the Vatican?
The only difference is that these invading forces weren't Muslim. The Vatican was kept safely away from Muslim invaders largely due to a shield formed by Orthodox nations. Tragically the Pope is now inviting these same Muslim invaders to enrich Europe.
>>
>>913841
And yet, through all difficulties, the gates of hell have not prevailed.
>What were the various Popes who were kidnapped from/imprisoned inside the Vatican?
The world (Freemasonry) is an enemy of the Church of Christ
>The Vatican was kept safely away from Muslim invaders largely due to a shield formed by Orthodox nationsThe Vatican was kept safely away from Muslim invaders largely due to a shield formed by Orthodox nations
Geez, I wonder how that amazing shield could let them reach Vienna. Oh, and the battle was totally not won thanks to the catholic Poles coming to the rescue. Thank you Orthodox nations!
>>
>Christianity lost its lands of origin and is rapidly losing its grip on the lands where it traditionally held sway
<Muslims have never lost their lands of origin or their holy sites and are rapidly gaining ground in lands traditionally Christian

Christcucks.
>>
Remember when Rome was a crumbling heap of ruins that wild dogs menaced people in their homes, so the French Monarchy made their own Catholic Church just for fun?
>>
>>912243
That song is wrong. That song was recorded in 1953 and the name of the city was changed to Istanbul in 1928. Therefore it was not change that long ago like the song claims.
>>
>>911872
Dual popes.
Also the Hagia Sophia totally counts.
>>
>>912007
>t. authority pro because a catholic rejected for papacy priest told me I had all the authority to interpret the bible however I want :DDD
>>
>>912060
it exists in bolshevik nations.
>>
>>912441
>But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
>>
>>914958
You fuckwit, Orthodox don't have free interpretation of the bible, they just reject papal supremacy
>>
Isn't associating world success with validity of a religion is what Saint Augustine argued against? Funny you are doing the same thing the pagans who attacked Augustine does

>Also all those subhuman xshit talk
Really thinking you are pretending to be Christian.
>>
File: Breccia_di_Porta_Pia_Ademollo.jpg (158 KB, 740x394) Image search: [Google]
Breccia_di_Porta_Pia_Ademollo.jpg
158 KB, 740x394
>>911872
>Roman Catholicism has never lost Rome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Republic_(18th_century)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capture_of_Rome
>>
>>913883
>MUH VIENNA
>MUH HUSSAR CHARGE
literally none of these would've happened if the treacherous catholics haven't sacked Constantinople.
>>
>>912219
Why do turks allow this cheeky disrespectful cunt to live?
>>
>>912073
>I choose both
That isn't a choice you fucking retard
>>
>>911921
because its not a turkish religion
>>
>>917653
>le i hate turks because i'm butthurt faec
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.