[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an actual belief system/philosophy that I can follow,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 597x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 597x648
Is there an actual belief system/philosophy that I can follow, or is nihilism the only logical belief. So far most religions have lost their effect on me
Judaism
>not born into it so why bother?
Christianity/Islam
>most members are genuine autists that can't agree on shit.
Eastern religion
> Don't want to be edgy.

Inb4 fedora
>>
>I haven't read any religious literature: the thread
>>
Most post-Nietzsche philosophy operates perfectly fine without absolute morals
>>
>>910639
Petty reasons for not looking into those religions.
>>
>>910639
Why do you want a belief system to follow?
>>
>>910673
This, instead of blindly looking for a system to follow, ask yourself why you feel you need a system to follow.
>>
>>910639
Why don't you look for the truth?
>>
Islam + Buddhism + Platonism + Daoism

AKA New World Order religion.
>>
File: hypocrite.jpg (63 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
hypocrite.jpg
63 KB, 480x608
>>910639
nihilism is certainty of lack of value. it is not logical.

what you're looking for is scepticism.
>>
>>910639
Nihilism does not follow from a lack of religion. If you think that, you're still operating within the religious framework.
>>
Baha'i maybe?
>>
>>910701
Christfag pls
>>
>>910701
>Daoism
Come on friend, spell it right. Taoism
>>
Call me a fag or whatever, but when I was suffering from the same religious doubt I pretty much ended up being agnostic, however, due to some research I ended up discovering deism and "converting" to it. Do some research into it, it might be the thing you're looking for since it's not really a religion but pretty much a philosophical thing.
>>
>>910639
>is nihilism the only logical belief
Nihilism isn't a belief, it's a set of holes in beliefs. It isn't defined by believing in something, but by having things which aren't believed in. Saying "I don't believe in X" is not the same as saying "I believe there is no X".
>>
>>910960
>The devil is a Deist.
>>
File: J.K._Simmons_as_Jameson.gif (69 KB, 345x285) Image search: [Google]
J.K._Simmons_as_Jameson.gif
69 KB, 345x285
>Treating religious beliefs/philosophies like fashion accessories

I'd say that nihilism is perfect for you, OP
>>
>>910735
Bahi is awful once you scratch the surface of it.

"The same one God gives continual revelations to people each being appropriate for the time, oh but it will be another 10,000 years at least until God needs to give a new one now that the Bahai faith is here"

Combine that with their perennial understanding of religion whilst having little to no understanding of faiths outside of Islam and it gets embarrassing rather quickly.
>>
>>910639
Check out this thread on lit boards.4chan.org/lit/thread/7859311/anyone-here-into-reading-mystic-thinkers-i-was

It starts off awful however towards the end a very knowledgeable and insightful Catholic comes and demonstrates its very logical demonstration for its truth
>>
File: 1360186082463.jpg (69 KB, 569x681) Image search: [Google]
1360186082463.jpg
69 KB, 569x681
>>910639
Neoplatonism is for you
>>
>>910657
philosophy is not like some package manager from which you download and reconfigure things
>install Nietzsche
>substract absolute morals.jpg and insert .txt edit file
>>
>>910974
this
>>
>>910894
Nobody in China fucking spells it that way
>>
>>911085
I shove a chopstick up your ass!!
>>
a mix of stocism and buddhism is the best one can do, I've found
>>
>>911085
That's because 'ism' isn't Chinese. No one says Confucius or Mencius either.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.