[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ the Tao is a Sage War Manual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (902 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
902 KB, 640x1136
My apology to /his/ and to all Taoists !

The situation is more dire than I had ever hoped for !

Again , I apologize !!
>>
>>910573
what
>>
>>910573
Are you reading Lao Tzu on shrooms, OP?
>>
Most of those eastern religions are v politically oppressive under the surface of you ask me

Would love to hear more about your stance on Taoism OP
>>
It's as good a translation as any. Really, emojis have more in common with Chinese calligraphy than English letters do.

>>910785
I'm not OP but I think that's a common perception. It may be accurate. The question is not 'Is Neo-Confucianism (the political doctrines you're talking about, closely associated with the Imperial exam system) repressive?' because on its face, virtue ethics of most forms is a repressive code of conduct.
Confucian virtues are particularly offputting to Westerners because they don't seem to rely on subjective reflection about whether or not they're good virtues. Christianity is the religion of personal salvation. Confucianism is the religion of social cohesion. It does not try to offer anything but virtuous and harmonious stability in a state. It also condemns people who try to abuse the law--except when the good things about abusing the law are emphasized by certain scholars.
Daoist principles of government illustrated in the Daodejing are very laissez faire. Laozi also advocates keeping the people in the dark about most things all the time. He has good reasons.
Read some Confucian Classics, they're good.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.