[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, anons, I believe in the Creator, but how do I know if he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 45454634.jpg (779 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
45454634.jpg
779 KB, 1920x1080
Ok, anons, I believe in the Creator, but how do I know if he's a person or a lifeless being? Life, intelligence and personality exists in the Universe, ok, but I don't think the fact that life exists and Humans have intelligence and personality
necessarily implies that the Creator has these same qualities too, even remotely.

God is the name people give to the infinite and mysterious authority that reigns over reality, and I can accept that.
>>
>>909827
You might enjoy "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis; it basically takes you to where you are now, and then goes towards Jesus.
>>
>>909831
Thanks, anon, I was expecting a recommendation like this.
>>
>>909827
>~the creator~

what

there was a big bang probably because of francium, everything came into fruition from that.

god is literally just an explanation of the unknown from many many years ago when people were a lot more primitive. god doesn't not exist, it is a figment of imagination, there's zero chance of any star-man being in charge of the universe.
>>
>>909845
There was a big bang.

That's what you posted.

There was a big bang.
>>
File: ziggy.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ziggy.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1080
>>909845
>there's zero chance of any star-man being in charge of the universe
Blasphemy.
>>
>I believe in something
>I have no idea what it is, but I believe in it and named it

Get your life together
>>
>>909845
First unmoved mover, eternal being who started the "big bang", if that even happened.
>>
>>909870
The existence of God is not a matter of faith and it can be proved by natural reason.
>>
>>909827

I suppose I would ask you how God gave us all of those qualities, if He did not possess them, nor knew what they were.
>>
>>909882
Evolution? I don't know, I'm not an atheist, I'm just in denial.
>>
>>909845
Your confidence is astounding
>>
>>909870
What is gravity fedora friend?
>>
>>909827
The personal God, the supreme being, what you're talking about, is merely the summit of conditioned existence. He is the greatest Being there is, but Being by virtue of it being describable and thus limitable, is not the greatest imaginable ideal

The personal, manifested God is merely an emanation of the impersonal Unmanifest, the Absolute. this doesn't triviliaze God, in fact, it points to something even greater than him
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.