[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's next for philosophy? Is meta-modernism a thing? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: download (4).jpg (14 KB, 312x162) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
14 KB, 312x162
What's next for philosophy? Is meta-modernism a thing? Is there a paradigm shift coming? What is the ultra cutting-edge of new thought?
>>
Post-memetic ethics is good one.
>>
>>909621
Does it deal with the ethical implications of hoarding rare pepes?
>>
Buuump
>>
>>909616
Asceticism is making a comeback or so I heard
>>
>>909616
Let me see if I get this straight. Nietzsche says God is dead, and everyone walks around like God doesn't matter anymore. Nietzsche also says that philosophy is dead, and people still study philosophy. Is that about right?
>>
>>910627
>Nietzsche also says that philosophy is dead

He never said this. "Philosophy is dead" is just an observation that we have failed to create new values the way Nietzche has challenged us to.
>>
>>910674
Gee, almost as though he didn't say "God is dead" to mean that God is actually dead.
>>
Some form of God worship. Mass telepathy is going on and this is the 'spiritual' message being sent by God. A general awakening is occurring in regards to Gods existence
>>
>>910693
He meant God can no longer sassy us a mean's of attributing values. It means ALL spirtuality is in decay.

"God is dead" is not a happy statement. It's a sad one. And what people also need to remember is Nietzsche looks for who could have done this most horrible of crimes: We did.

If you look at at Twilit of the Idols you will see who the "we" is: it was the priests, the theologians, the philosophers, the church. We made God into something distinct from nature, separate from the material. We removed him from the "real" world and put him the "other world". And than when the "other world" fell apart God died with it.
>>
>>910722
Nietzsche is sophistry at its finest, which is why you see so many differing interpretations and reinterpretations.
>>
>>910737
The entire 20th and 21st centuary has been nothing but responding to his challenges. This is why there are so many different approaches to him but all of them understand his basic principles.

Sorry that "God is dead" still stings.
>>
>>910749
No, it's because his philosophy is insidious sophistry, nothing more
>>
>>909616
fucking calm down there damn
>>
Probably feminist [anything] will become a bigger thing. Feminist epistemology and feminist care ethics already seem to be making the rounds in universities.
>>
>>910749
Nobody of substance pays attention to the challenges of mad men.
>>
>>910777
He's only the most influential philosopher of the past century but yeah ok.
>>
>>910791
Look, the criticisms of morality are admittedly pointed, after all morality is something fucked up indeed these days. But his theories of paradigms, and the material ramifications of his philosophy is actually harmful to dwell too long on. I think a Nietzsche quote best describes Nietzsches philosophy 'If you gaze for too long into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you'

I would lean more towards Kierkegaard for empowering Existentialism, Existentialistic Nihilism is not such a fun point of view.
>>
>>909616
AGE OF HEROES
RISE OF ATLANTIS
COMING OF THE EMPEROR OF SOL
>>
>>910767
No way.

Feminist stuff is a bubble.
People won't take seriously in the long term something so weak just to be PC.
>>
>>910767
It's not really a big deal in philosophy departments. Mostly contained to the social sciences. Their influence seems larger than it actually is because they are very good at shrieking online.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the feminists go after philosophy at some point though. Philosophy is about as male-dominated as physics.
>>
>>909616
>What is the ultra cutting-edge of new thought?

We'll probably see logic becoming it's own field away from philosophy fairly soon. Both epistemology, ethics and political philosophy have interesting things happening in this very now.

Naturalistic theories in epistemology will probably wither away and make room for more focus on research in justifications, ethics will have to deal with AI and animals more than now, and political philosophy will (and already do) see a shift from Rawl's egalitarianism to luck egalitarianism working as a spring board for political discussion.
>>
Desertism
>>
>>910737
Well, Nietzsche actually admired the sophists (as opposed to the decadent Plato).
>>
File: 1458491589499.png (89 KB, 826x801) Image search: [Google]
1458491589499.png
89 KB, 826x801
>>910872
>>
>>909621
Memetics in general will probbably pick up steam

currently meta-ethics is
>>
>>909616
Using all the philosophical movements in order to maintain a dynamo-static equilibrium. It's a full-time job!
>>
File: 1444358957733.jpg (610 KB, 1280x1064) Image search: [Google]
1444358957733.jpg
610 KB, 1280x1064
>>910737
>>
>>909616
There some really cool stuff going on in the whole free will debate stuff with Robert kane and Frankfurt and stuff.

If my history degree goes to shit i have the option to jump to philosophy so i might do that
>>
File: overdose1.png (539 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
overdose1.png
539 KB, 1000x1500
>>912820
>>
File: overdose2.png (445 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
overdose2.png
445 KB, 1000x1500
>>912868
>>
>>912820
Funny OC? On /his/?
>>
>>909616
Analytics fags will continue to stew as Alex Kierkegaard continues to push their shit in.
>>
>>912884
Buon giorno /r/philosopht
>>
>>913098
The guy who writes about videogames?
>>
>>913150
Yes, video games / art and philosophy. He is the evolutionary next step as far as the "Continental" side goes.
>>
File: 1434359535405.png (3 MB, 1102x1540) Image search: [Google]
1434359535405.png
3 MB, 1102x1540
>>912884
from lit
>>
File: 1431692632155.jpg (1 MB, 1158x1064) Image search: [Google]
1431692632155.jpg
1 MB, 1158x1064
>>913265
>>
File: 1430589064894.jpg (345 KB, 1104x1600) Image search: [Google]
1430589064894.jpg
345 KB, 1104x1600
>>913276
>>
Paradigm shift came a couple days ago during Easter sunday.
>>
Most philosophy post Greeks is just commenting on their works or slighly expanding them.
>>
>>913283
Night before, actually. Æsthesis is next. More poetics than aesthetics but aesthetic is more poetic. I'd read up on azoetia and possibly start writing your own stellar transvocation. Things are about to get aesthetic in a very personal way. They already have been but now there is an awareness of the ironic self awareness and transcendence of that.
>>
>>913283
>>913596

What the fuck are you niggers talking about it sounds interesting
>>
>>913732
Basically metamodernism or post-postmodernism. People near the bleeding edge are so almost, but not quite self aware that it doesn't take much to topple them over said edge. Essentially we are moving from the introspective irony of vaporwave into the dungeonsynth of vaporwave. That is, a milder and more sincere expression of one's personal aesthetic through an ironic take on a previous paradigm. The previous paradigm being an ironic take on prior paradigms and the current state of culture itself, at least as we experience it in the only world that matters, our own ie. the first world. We are now aware collectively that all things our our own and have the potential to find our own aesthetic instead of clinging to others as a whole, but we already knew all that, we've just collectively become self ware of the fact.

I not the best at organizing intuitive thoughts.
>>
>>913765
Wow never type with your thumbs kids.
>>
>>913765
I see what you're saying, so we're kind of calming down with the whole "subvert and deconstruct previous narratives" schtick and just going back to expressing ourselves?
>>
>>913815
Pretty much. There isn't even an 'only', it is what it is. We can now do what has always been the point and control the memes instead of having them control us. Just with a little more self awareness of it. It's also a matter of finding what is truly us, our aesthetic. Some take a thing as a whole and are consumed by it, the Christians up the hill, the Buddhists on the mountain, the atheists at GameStop, the communists in academia. While that is wholly the aesthesis of some, few are so simple. Instead we can find our own aesthetic, our own expression of the guru such as Naropa, play our own bone flutes in our own graveyards, name ournown stars and worship them as we see fit long as we know the purpose of the meme and are leading instead of being led. Culture, here at least, is becoming aware enough to burn without being consumed. Hopefully.

This, I'm pretty sure, is the direction of philosophy for now, at least as it was delivered to me as the fruit of ritual at the crossroads.
>>
>>913886
So we're back to expressing ourselves authentically, but with a little extra self-awareness about how belief systems influence us? Kind of like going back to what we were always doing as humans, but it's a fresh start because now we know how to avoid the worst pitfalls of ideology? I can buy that mane. Cool shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
>>913886
The essentials of every aspect shall unite while the rest shall battle themselves and others.
Anon/4chan/his
>>
>>913927
>>913934
Welcome to the OoO. Meditate on this and you can join the inner arcanum of the Ov0. You might beat me there.
>>
>>914228
>>
>>914228
I'm too chaotic for that. I do meditations all day long while i do stuff...
>>
>>914228
Whot's OoO BTW?
>>
Nothing that's being propounded at the universities right now
>>
>>914546
Ordo Ordinis. We, being me for the most part, aren't very discriminatory as long as you try to not be a meme-loving fuck, don't make it your mission to piss off other members more than they deserve, and are willing to devote your life to not being too much of a shithead.

>>914491
Like Shiva, it welcomes all, especially those who either need it most or are already acting towards Shiva. My good friend taught me that there is a middle and we should meet there lest we become other people, or even worse, ourselves.
>>
File: 1393361336916.png (640 KB, 559x627) Image search: [Google]
1393361336916.png
640 KB, 559x627
Metamodern Millennial Philosophy coming true!!

http://mundusmillennialis.com/
>>
File: valsi 2.jpg (13 KB, 145x192) Image search: [Google]
valsi 2.jpg
13 KB, 145x192
>>909616
In the case of psychology it's cultural psychology:
Focus on qualitative research, rejecting americanized "scientific" psychology, incorporating pre WW2 european psychological and proto-psychological theories, incorporating other disciplines like linguistics, sociology, system theory and more, systemic view of human culture, all psychological systems are open systems, focus on intersubjective dialogical processes of meaning-making in irreversible time.
>>
>>916776
don't spam this attention whore
>>
>>918081
>Thread about the future of philosophy
>"Don't post this contemporary website of philosophy!!"

>>
>>918421
yeah, i know. what an idiot.
>attention whore cuz...uh..IT'S NOT MY PHILOSOPHY!!!
>>
>>913596
Oh yeah, I forgot it was Saturday that I partied.

Hello from the Gateway to the North.
>>
File: apo.png (198 KB, 266x400) Image search: [Google]
apo.png
198 KB, 266x400
>>918425
>>918421
>>
>>912870
>>912868
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57vCBMqnC1Y
>>
>>918521
Must be fun living in America!
>>
>>918757
I'm surprised anon found the only retards on youtube that aren't britcucks.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.