[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please Help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Were the Myceneans Indo-European ? Are they considered a pre-Greek/indo-European people like Minoans?

When do ''Greek" people appear ? Also Is the Hellenic pantheon based on pre-Indo European cultures.

need to know this ASAP for a last minute Classics essay and for whatever reason I can't find any sources that spell this out. I really appreciate any help but sources will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>907287
>homework
try >>>/hm/
you should fit right in
>>
>>907287
Kill la kill yourself, homeworkfag

They were black kings from Timbuktu
>>
>>907305
>>907321
b-but this a board specific to history ...

pls guise... i promise I'll support your claim as emperor of Constantinople or whatever gets you guys to help me...
>>
>>907287
Nobody answers because nobody knows, anon. Indo-european cultures are a complete mystery outside of linguistics and, even then, it's hard to connect the dots. Very controversial.
No such a thing as a "greek people" until hellenism, though. Probably.
>>
>>907370
Oh, btw, I was reading about similarities between the classic greek pantheon and eastern european paganism some time ago. There is probably a distant connection.
Hope I helped, I'm no Greece expert.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1000x1600
i just think of a paralell between Greek/roman philosophy and Norse and Celtic mythology then I blow karmas in prison systems so undead people can just look at me like I'm crazy they don't touch me there like mommy and daddy
>>
>>907370
>>907406
Yeah I suppose that makes sense.
Thanks m8
>>
>>907287
>Were the Myceneans Indo-European ?
Yes.
>Are they considered a pre-Greek/indo-European people like Minoans?
No, they were Greek.
>When do ''Greek" people appear ?
With the Myceneans.
>Also Is the Hellenic pantheon based on pre-Indo European cultures.
Both
>>
>>907452
y-yeah i guess? thanks
>>
>>907457
thanks for the answering all of them friend. have a (you).
Also, would you mind elaborating on the last point? Which of the Olympians specifically had pre-indoeuropean roots?
>>
>>907457
Excellent sources, upvoted!
>>
>>907472
im desperate enough at this point but yeah, sources are nice
>>
>>907457
It would be a lot easier to list the Olympians that did have clear Indo-European roots, which would basically just be Zeus. I don't mean the all rest are Pre-Indo-European, but their origin is much less clear. The safest answer would be both.

>>907479
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycenaean_Greek#Greek_features
>>
>>907472
>upvoted
Go back to Persia, boy lover.
>>
>>907287
Yes, the Myceaneans were Indo-European.
No, the Minoans were not Indo-European.
And finally, its believed that some of the Greek deities like Athena were from the older Pelasgian culture.

Now leave.
>>
>>907570
Again, excellent sources anon!

>And finally, its believed that some of the Greek deities like Athena were from the older Pelasgian culture.
I would implore you to do a comparative study of the Egyptian diety Neith with Athena before you actually believe a belief.
>>
>>907586
>comes here asking for help
>belittles what few leads he gets

OP is confirmed ISIS-level History Hater. This man is a skellington and should not be aided.
>>
>>907638
Im OP... not that guy.
I appreciate sources though but beggars can't be choosers
>>
>>907570
>Pelasgian culture.
thanks , will be shoehorning this into my essay if I can get anything on them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.