[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder Byzantium was "Roman Armenia," full
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Daily reminder Byzantium was "Roman Armenia," full of Islamic-like iconoclasts and an Armenizing Anatolian core that later became Turkey. Nothing was lost.

Armenian-looking Greeks stick out to this day thanks to the population exchange.

Justinian's code: proto-Koran.

Justinian: proto-Caliph.

Hagia Sophia: proto-Mosque.

Paulicianism: proto-Islam.

"Romans:" proto-Turks.
>>
>>906328
Nobody cares about slavshits and sandnigger history
>>
File: 1457357752548.jpg (52 KB, 766x460) Image search: [Google]
1457357752548.jpg
52 KB, 766x460
>>906328
I can see your point on iconoclasm. That is eerily similar the the dirty muzzies, but everything else falls pretty flat. Justinians code was not religiously backed, it was the assembling of secular law of from as far back as pagan times. And how was Justinian a proto-caliph? Because he was the divinely mandated ruler? Then every ruler ever who claimed diviNE right to rule was as well. And shut the fuck up about the Hagia Sophia. The Arabs saw its greatness, knew they could never create a equally magnificent style and copied it. It still posses me off seeing that stupid caligraphy in there.
Also genetic similarities don't make people the same. Jordanians are bro tier and Iran was great pretty revolution. Islamic fundamentalism has ruined the turk, not their genetics.
>>
File: I3FDS.png (1 MB, 768x628) Image search: [Google]
I3FDS.png
1 MB, 768x628
>>
>>906328
>ARMENIA ARMENIA ARMENIA
Are you ok, anon?
>>
>>906385
>Proto Hijab
You do realise that this was used by westerners since The Greeks interduced it to Rome untill the 1500's?
>>
>>906328
dig deeper m8
the similarities between Islam and Christian heresy movements like the Arians and Syriac Christians go to the core, even the Quran itself is filled with Syriac words which then entered modern Arabic language.
the word Koran itself means "liturgy" in Syriac.

St John of Damascus was a contemporary of early Islam and made these comparisons apparent, to the point that until the modern era Mohammad was considered a schismatic like Luther, which you can see in works like Dante's Inferno where he occupies the same place as other heretics.

http://orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx

http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2012/12/the-christian-origins-of-islam

http://www.oxfordislamicstudies.com/Public/focus/essay1311_quran_and_syriac_bible.html
>>
>>907543
until a few decades ago women were expected to veil in Catholic Church
>>
>>907577
>>907543
The veil has been a part of middle east customs since before Islam.

In fact Christian and Jewish women were typically veiled as well. They started unveiling around the late 19th century because it wasn't a norm in Europe, which they felt greater ties to after Islam came to dominate the Middle East.
>>
>>907592
Mohammad copied the veil from Christians initially
and only his wife veiled to hide her identity from attackers.
>>
>>906382
>Then every ruler ever who claimed diviNE right to rule was as well
Kind of? I mean the whole idea comes ultimately from the emperor.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.