[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me about the warlord era /his/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Map_WarlordEra.png (43 KB, 432x450) Image search: [Google]
Map_WarlordEra.png
43 KB, 432x450
tell me about the warlord era /his/.
>>
Whats to tell? It was a shit time for common people until the underdog kingdom united everyone through conquest, diplomacy and brutality.

Also the major sino philosophical traditions began here.
>>
>>905782
like romance of the three kingdoms except with japs and commies
>>
>>905782
The situation was so shitty that hundreds of philosophers tried to explain it all
>>
>>905807
>what is Warring States period
>what is Warlord Era
>>
>>905816

Ah whoops let me correct

>Whats to tell? It was a shit time for common people until the underdog commune united everyone through conquest, diplomacy and brutality.
>Then it got really bad
>>
Who /YenHsi-Shan/ here?
>>
>>905782
Which starting position would you take to conquer China? The KMT seems to have a really good position desu.
>>
>>905857
I'd personally take (fragmented), anon. Lots of potential there.
>>
>>905857

The KMT had an actual ideology that could rally the country around. So.... I would say them as well.

Its too bad they were so incompetent.
>>
>>905857
Kiiominchin or Chang Tso-lin. China was first united from the west, and conquered twice from the north.
>>
>>905866
Well I really mean geographical starting position. Chan Tso-lin is the worst because theyre right next to Japanese Korean Peninsula.

I suppose the KMT position is near Taiwan, which is a Japanese colony, so yeah, something in the inner south west would be ideal.
>>
Very interesting time. Warring states period but with World War I era infantry and armor. Lots of foreigners involved as mercenaries. Also general Dogmeat.
>General Dogmeat named after his favourite gambling game
>also called General Three Don't Knows because he didn't know how many soldiers in his army/concubines in his palace/gold in his treasury
>took his old mother with him everywhere and asked her for advise
>harem of all nationalities
>employed a ton of Russians mercenaries and nurses
>promised to return victorious or in a coffin
>lost
>came back sitting in a coffin smoking cigar
>fled to Japan later
>'accidentally' shot emperor Puyi's cousin
>Japanese court sentenced him to three weeks prison or 20 dollar fine
>chose prison

Magnificent bastard
>>
>>905882
And I forgot:
>no metal to make medals/insignia for his soldiers
>cut 'em out of cardboard and wrapped them in the shiny foil used in cigarette packages
>>
>>905878
Theoretically you could foster a pro-Japanese faction in the Chan Tso-lin, and receive support from glorious Nippon.
>>
>>905882
>Time dubbed him China's "basest warlord"
based
>>
>>905782
China wrecking itself to get a new dynasty: 20th century edition.
>>
It's funny how things change, China went from being the jewel of Asia to a colonized shithole to an Africa-tier warzone and now it's a great power in the span of pretty much 200 years.

Is there any other nation on Earth that experiences such consistent inconsistency?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.