[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I said I'd talk to a Mormon tomorrow about Mormonism. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 700x700
I said I'd talk to a Mormon tomorrow about Mormonism. What shall I say to spook him?
I managed to get a scientologist to renounce his faith once, but I think this will be harder.
>>
>>905303

He's probably heard the more entry-level critiques before. One pretty damning fact that I don't see posted here a lot is that the papyrus scroll that Smith claimed contained the book of Mormon was actually translated, and found to be completely unrelated. Of course, Mormons will retort something along the lines of "the scroll didn't literally contain the book of mormon but God inspired his 'translation'"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith_Papyri

The actual contents of the fragment:

>"...the prophet of Amonrasontêr, prophet [?] of Mîn Bull-of-his-Mother, prophet [?] of Khons the Governor...Hôr, justified, son of the holder of the same titles, master of secrets, and purifier of the gods Osorwêr, justified [?]...Tikhebyt, justified. May your ba live among them. and may you be buried in the West..."[25]

> "May you give him a good, splendid burial on the West of Thebes just like..."[26]
>>
>>905303
Congratulate him on being a true Brother in Christ and for being a nice person too.
>>
>>>/r/atheism
>>
>>905332
I'm not an atheist.
Everyone should have their faith challenged.
>>
>>905320
Oh cool, thanks. It seems like also it's based on false history of course?
>>
I've heard that Smith stole heavily from novels from the time about the lost tribes of Israel
>>
>>905381
What's your faith, anon? You're asking for it now.
>>
Show him the south park episode
>>
>>905303

Read the CES letter and ask him how he can believe anything Joe Smith did, when it's all been proven to be forgeries, plagiarism, and lies.
>>
>>905466
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf
>>
>>905303

"Mormonism was started by witches, for witches."

Bill Schnoebelen
http://www.withoneaccord.org/
>>
>>905458
Even Matt and Trey didn't go as far as the author of the CES letter, who literally picked apart everything Joe Smith wrote "by revelation" that was already in print in his library.

And then a history of how those "principles" changed over time.
>>
>>905457
Satanism.
>>
>>905612
top kek
>>
>>905612
ohohohoho
>>
>>905612
fire hot
>>
>>905612
Your mormon friend believes that Jesus and satan are brothers.
>>
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47 KB, 501x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47 KB, 501x525
>a mormon

No need, he's already spooked enough.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.