[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you recommend me some books about the relationship between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 523x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 523x398
Can you recommend me some books about the relationship between Germany and Poland between the end of WW1 and the invasion in 1939 that led to WW2?
I would like to understand more about what led Hitler to invade Poland.

Also:
What I heard about was that Germans(Volksdeutsche) have been persecuted in Poland, have been treated really bad in general and lots of them, mainly POWs of WW1, have been put into Polish labour camps.
Is there any reliable sources for this? If I remember correctly I think I heard that German historian Gerd Schultze-Rhonhof (pretty reliable and professional historian) supports this claims.
Anyone knows more about this?

PS: I am German so I'm fine with books that are only available in German.
>>
Try Der Grosse Wendig OP, it has sources galore (like seriously it's literally shitting sources all over you on every single page, it's an amazing work of literature really) and teaches you most of the important basic stuff you need to know
>>
Schultze-Rhonhoff is a problematic source. Even the FAZ dubs him a revisionist.
The Bromberger Blutsonntag only occured after the Invasion of Poland started.
I have no idea how credible this i
http://www.zvab.com/Dokumente-polnischer-Grausamkeit-Auftrag-Ausw%C3%A4rtigen-Amtes/15682738436/buch
It's most certainly not a neutral source but it should cover at least parts of your question.
Als Übersicht für Suchbegriffe: http://www.vorkriegsgeschichte.de/content/view/28/44/
>>
>>904879
he Germans wanted back the German territory which had been taken away from Germany and given to Poland at the end of the First World War. But when the Germans, under Hitler, began taking back that territory, in September 1939, Britain and France declared war on Germany, ostensibly to protect the freedom of Poland. The Germans had done nothing against Britain and France and wanted very much to remain at peace with those countries, but the politicians of Britain and France had other considerations.

he fact that the Soviet Union also invaded Poland in September 1939 was all right with Britain and France. They didn't declare war on the Soviet Union, because the Soviet Union was for all practical purposes under Jewish rule. They did declare war on Germany, because Germany, under Hitler, had broken loose from the grip of the Jews, had freed the German media and German education and German finance and German politics and German culture from Jewish influence, and was in the process of kicking all of the Jews out of Germany. That was the reason for the Second World War, not Polish freedom or Polish territorial integrity. That was the reason why, when in April 1943 the German Army discovered the mass graves of some of the 25,000 Polish officers and intellectuals murdered by Jewish communists and invited the International Red Cross and journalists from many nations to view the evidence, the controlled media in Britain and the United States ignored the evidence and blamed the atrocity on the Germans. That was the reason why, at the end of the war, those countries that had gone to war ostensibly to insure the freedom of Poland agreed to turn Poland and Latvia and Hungary and the rest of eastern Europe over to the communist butchers who had carried out the massacre of the elite of the Polish nation.
>>
>>904953
Oh boy, here we go
>>
>>904947
>>904947
Before the invasion started, over 50k ethnic germans had already been slaughtered by the poles in the danzig corridor within only a couple of years. Try harder next time.
>>
>>904979
OP asked for sources, so do I now
>>
>>904979
Nice false flag lit
>>
>>904947
From a quick research I have done it seems like Schultze-Rhonhoff is a better source than the two men who wrote "Der Große Wendig" since these two men are both in the NPD and thus anything but unbiased.
Schultze-Rhonhoff on the other hand is not politically active on either the right nor the left side. So, is he really that bad of a source? I don't really care too much about the "Revisionist" label anymore to be honest. It does not take a long time to realize that literally everyone who says things that put Germany in a not too bad image is labeled as "revisionist".
>>
>>904994
Then you're probably best off with him. Unfortunately most people dealing with the subject seem to have an agenda. As seen here >>904953
>>
>>904953
OP here:
I am only interested in things about Jews if you have actually reliable evidence for it. I'm not interested in Jewish-world order conspiracy theories. If you have evidence for them I have a open ear. But I highly doubt you have evidence fro them so yea....
I will admit that I strongly dislike the image of an "evil nazi Germany" that we are being teached these days. I don't think WW2 was an evil vs. good war at all. The Germans were just as bad/as good as the rest of the participants. But this does not make me believe in any Jew conspiracy theories. Please keep those out of here unless you have actual evidence.
>>
>>905008
Jews were behind Marxism though. At least they kick started it in the modern world. It's not even a debate. Obviously they weren't scheming to take over the Aryan race but people still beleive Nazi propaganda specifically engineered to garner the most morale and strength
>>
>>905006
Don't you have some alternatives for authors that you consider as reliable and unbiased? The one book you mentioned in 904947 seems to be Nazi-Germany propaganda book from 1940. So that's as unbiased as it could get.
>>
>>904953
Does anyone have a more reasonable answer to why Britain&France didn't declare war on the USSR though?
Was it because they were afraid of being overrun by the Soviets since they were way more huge than Germany?
>>
>>904879
>mainly POWs of WW1, have been put into Polish labour camps

i wouldent know about that

but from what i have read the persecution of germans in poland did not start untill after the war, and that hitler used the persecution of germans prior to the war as a sort of "false flag", to get people on his side prior to the invasion
>>
>>905047
Secret Addendum to the treaty that specified the "foreign power" to be Germany
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Polish_military_alliance
>>
>>905040
Sorry, I don't. When I looked into the Topic I faced the very same Problem. Either you get Nazi sources or revisionists.
I just found this though
>„Polnische Greuel“
Der Propagandafeldzug des Dritten Reiches gegen Polen
Eine Magisterarbeit zum Thema http://scidok.sulb.uni-saarland.de/volltexte/2003/95/pdf/Polnische_Greuel.pdf
>>
>>905055
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczypiorno

Ironically there is barely information and pretty much 0 media attention to those camps.
>>
>>905024
I do not deny that a Jew was behind marxism.
However, do you say Christians were behind democracy because it is a thing created by Christians? Or do you say there is a Christian worldwide conspiracy going on because most western world leaders are Christians?
Just because a person who was a Jew did something it doesn't mean there is a conspiracy of them going on.

People who support these theories only do it if it is about Jews. Yet according to their logic it would be way more likely that there is a Christian conspiracy going on.
>>
>>904879
>What I heard about was that Germans(Volksdeutsche) have been persecuted in Poland
They've could vote, freely learn and use their language and cultivate their culture. That's already more than Poles could before 1918. The repeated claims Hitler made caused massive anti-German sentiment though, which made falseflags easier than ever.
>>905120
>"After World War I the camp remained operational for internees from Germany and Bolshevik Russia. Disbanded some time in the early 1920s"

Early 20's means 1921, aka Soviet-Polish war has ended and the camp was disbanded.
Now the situation was probably horrible in this camp, but so was in every POW camp during that war and you don't hear Russians talking about "persecution of soviet POW's" during it too often.
>>
>>905176
>They've could vote, freely learn and use their language and cultivate their culture. That's already more than Poles could before 1918. The repeated claims Hitler made caused massive anti-German sentiment though, which made falseflags easier than ever.
If the Germans were doing fine in Poland and were treated very well, then why did Hitler attack it at all?
>>
>>905191
>If the Germans were doing fine in Poland and were treated very well, then why did Hitler attack it at all?
Between the years 1929 and 1937 Poland had paleoconservative finance minister who's recipe for crisis was amassing gold. He was replaced but the keynesian recovery plan was just starting when the war started and as such, the reserves still existed.
Meanwhile Hitler blew so much money on re-armament that he was going bankrupt by January 1940.

I'll leave the math to you.
>>
>>905200
So your claim is that Hitler attacked Poland to steal gold by them? I have never heard about that and it sounds very odd to be honest. Especially given the fact that Hitler wrote peace plans attempting to maintain peace with Poland and solve the Danzig problem on a peaceful base.
>>
File: 1457558677017.jpg (16 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1457558677017.jpg
16 KB, 255x247
>>904953
Every fucking thread
>>
>>905206
First of all - there was a proposition of compromise - giving Germans Danzig after another port(Gdynia) would be finished, Hitler ignored that proposition.
Secondly - they believed that the corridor-highway would be as stimuli for their economy that would buy them few months.
Thirdly source British Rearmament and the Treasury 1933-1939 - G.C.Peden 1979
with hitler quote:
>"Hitler 22 August 1939 "Our economic situation is such that we can hold out a few more years.....We have no other choice, we must act". "
Now, British were able to spend as much as Germans could by 1938-1939 but they've seen the same issues as Germany had:
>"In January 1939 Lord Halifax had advised the British cabinet that Hitler would have to reduce his level of armaments expenditure so as to reduce German inflation or "explode in some direction" so as to divert the Germans from their deteriorating economic position."

Great Britain was bigger economy than Germany, which is evidenced by the fact that during wartime they've outproduced Germans.

The biggest problem was the foreign debt, because other nations grew reluctant towards trading with Germans when they've had RM640M debt in Hungary alone. And then we have their biggest partner - that is Soviet Union, they've probably had much bigger debt there.

And the reason? Military spending, GDP %:
1935: France 5.8%, Britain 2% Germany 6%
1938: France 8.6%, Britain 8%, Germany 17.2%
1939: France 23%, Britain 22%, Germany 30%
Gee, I wonder why they were bankrupt.
>>
>>905191
>If the Germans were doing fine in Poland and were treated very well, then why did Hitler attack it at all?
Oh Jesus Christ, are you for real?
I am not saying that You are wrong about Germans being persecuted, but you can't really think of any other reason a nation may attack another nation? Especially given how Most of Poland had belonged to Germany once and how they annexed Czeckia with no real reason what so ever.
>>
>>905238
>First of all - there was a proposition of compromise - giving Germans Danzig after another port(Gdynia) would be finished, Hitler ignored that proposition.
Can you give me a source on this?
>>
>Everyone is giving only German books
Heh
>>
>>905255
The Danzig Dilemma; a Study in Peacemaking by Compromise
by John Brown Mason

It is mentioned here.
>>
>>904953
Don't you guys ever get sick and tired of being wrong?
>>
>>905292
why exactly is he wrong
>>
>>905301
He doesn't understand what does anti-aggression pact(which Germany broke in September 1939) and independence guarantees(which GB/France honoured) mean.

He believes in "le hitler hated jewish elite" meme despite it being rhetoric as evidenced by the fact that 3 members of Rothschild family who ended up in lagers were treated less harshly and only one of them died(by accident). And I'm talking about the biggest juice meddlers /pol/ knows, come on.
But I believe the guy just poked fun at /pol/ mememasters with the post though, don't mistake me for >>905292 this guy.
>>
>>905366
Are you seriously denying Hitler hated the Jewish elite?
>>
>>905274
>can't read German
>>
>>904879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qY2jHoOGQ8

This video will tell you everything you need to know.
>>
>>904953
> because the Soviet Union was for all practical purposes under Jewish rule.

>What was the great purge

>WAAAAAAH MASS GRAVES ARE BAD WHEN THE COMMUNISTS DO IT OH THOSE EVIL STALINISTS BUT WHEN THE GERMANS DO IT THEY'RE INNOCENT VICTIMS OF THE JEWS

You fucking retard.
>>
>>905301
>he fact that the Soviet Union also invaded Poland in September 1939 was all right with Britain and France
This is incorrect, France and Britain were just scared of the Soviets.

>They didn't declare war on the Soviet Union, because the Soviet Union was for all practical purposes under Jewish rule.
This is incorrect, the Soviet Union wasn't under Jewish rule and they didn't declare war because France and Britain could not defeat Germany and the USSR together.

>They did declare war on Germany, because Germany, under Hitler, had broken loose from the grip of the Jews, had freed the German media and German education and German finance and German politics and German culture from Jewish influence, and was in the process of kicking all of the Jews out of Germany.
This is incorrect, Britain and France declared war on Germany because they invaded a country which was guaranteed by Britain.

>That was the reason why, when in April 1943 the German Army discovered the mass graves of some of the 25,000 Polish officers and intellectuals murdered by Jewish communists and invited the International Red Cross and journalists from many nations to view the evidence, the controlled media in Britain and the United States ignored the evidence and blamed the atrocity on the Germans.
This is incorrect.

>That was the reason why, at the end of the war, those countries that had gone to war ostensibly to insure the freedom of Poland agreed to turn Poland and Latvia and Hungary and the rest of eastern Europe over to the communist butchers who had carried out the massacre of the elite of the Polish nation.
This is incorrect, the western Allies had no ability to take on the USSR at the time.
>>
>>908063
>>That was the reason why, when in April 1943 the German Army discovered the mass graves of some of the 25,000 Polish officers and intellectuals murdered by Jewish communists and invited the International Red Cross and journalists from many nations to view the evidence, the controlled media in Britain and the United States ignored the evidence and blamed the atrocity on the Germans.
>This is incorrect.

The massacre of Katyn and the blaming of the Germans for it is not incorrect at all.
>>
>>908391
Yes it is
>>
>>905939
Don't try to teach /pol/tards history, it doesn't fit in their peanut sized brains.
>>
>>908395
Please explain why you think so.
>>
>>905047
Because Curzon Line
>>
>>904879
>Born near Gdansk
>All this is MEGA intresting
>Fuck /pol
>>
>>905047
Because the entire reason why they allied with Poland in the first place was to have a friendly power on the eastern side of Germany that would fight the war for them. Then since like 1936 it became clear Germany was too strong to be withstood by Poland. The Allies kept giving Poland bogus guarantees of safety so they'd go to war against the Germans and be defeated. This way Germany and the Soviets would share a long land border, leading to war sooner or later.

Same reason why they didn't so much as send war materiel to Finland when the Soviets invaded them. Finland was a neutral state that was attacked, but the Allies didn't want to antagonize the Soviets.
>>
>>908395
>>908391
>>908467
It's not incorrect in the sense that it actually happened. Ie, the Allies chose to pretend that it was the Germans who did it, despite amassed evidence. Obviously they did it because the Russians were their allies at the time.

It's incorrect to believe that the Germans actually killed all those Polish officers.

And I'd like to point out that 10% of those killed in Katyń were Jewish themselves.
>>
>>914107
>And I'd like to point out that 10% of those killed in Katyń were Jewish themselves.
source for that claim? How do you know?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.