[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ancestry Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 570x370) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 570x370
Would that 0.1 come from some random trader that got a Japanese slave or something?
>>
I'm curious about that, how did you trace ancestry ?
>>
>>902763
well, there is a hundreds of year old village of japanese in Spain.
Maybe there?
>>
>>902763
>>903632

That's noise. If you had southeast asian/East Asian ancestry along with South Asian and some west African ancestry I'd say you have a Malagasy ancestor like myself.

Oh and there were some Japanese slaves in Portugal and Spain way back when.
>>
>>902763

It could just be an error, it's such a small amount anyway.
>>
>>903596
23 and me
>>903659
>>903663
My sibling and dad who also took the test have it too.
>>
Probably some Japanese that went on one of those embassies that Japan had before closing. They went to Spain, usually.

You Wuz Samurai.
>>
Everything below 0.3-0.4% can be safely disregarded as random noise in most cases. If you get percentages of 0.5% and up then there's most likely something true to it
>>
>>905053
Maybe I should do this, coming from a family that claims to be 100% Ashkenazi Jew (with a geneology going back a few hundred years), I'd be interested to see where genetic testing places my ancestors.
>>
>>905097
If the records are accurate, probably mostly Ashkenazi with splatterings of Europeans.
The test also tells you a couple other things like if you carry genetic disorders like Muscular Dystrophy.
>>
File: Boxer Codex-304.jpg (175 KB, 450x632) Image search: [Google]
Boxer Codex-304.jpg
175 KB, 450x632
>>903659
Not every Japanese in Spanish empire was a slave. Most of them were exiled Christian Japanese or cunts caught stranded when they were not allowed to come back to Japan by the Tokugawa Sakoku edict.

A majority of them lived in the Philippines and served in the Colonial Military. Much of the "Spanish Army" in 1500's-1600's Colonial Philippines was not European. Only a minority was, with the rest of the colonial forces manned by Japanese Christian soldiers and ex-samurai, exiled/Ex-Pirate and Christianized Chinese sailors and marines, and the majority being converted Filipino warriors.

Spain led a weird army in the 16th and 17th Century Philippines as you had guys with their native equipment but just splattered with Crosses, the reigning Monarch's Coat of Arms, and images of Catholic Saints.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.