[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he believes The Son is equal to The Father and The Holy Spirit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 654648796136.jpg (33 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
654648796136.jpg
33 KB, 637x476
>he believes The Son is equal to The Father and The Holy Spirit

Trinitarian fuck.
>>
FUCKING ARIANS GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>900191
How do you measure the Almighty?
>>
>>900229
>FUCKING ARIANS
More likely unitarian american.
>>
>He worships 3 gods
>He worships 1 god
>He worships 0 gods
>He worships millions of gods
>>
>>900229
>Arianism
Oh please, Arianism negates the point of the sacrifice. Christ must obviously be of divine essense or Man has not been saved.

Clearly, however, The Son was created to save and redeem man. Of a divine essence, but not of an eternal one.
>>
>>900238
OP here; I'm actually Atheist, but I still find christology fascinating.
>>
File: Heretic.png (227 KB, 318x295) Image search: [Google]
Heretic.png
227 KB, 318x295
>>900247
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFj6rFnduHc
>>
>>900247
Er, Jesus must be a human, or He cannot be our Kinsman Redeemer you mean....

Do you really now know that Jesus created the universe? That Jesus is YHWH?
>>
>>900267
>Jesus must be a human
>Jesus is YHWH
I think you've shown a hole in your theology, my friend.
>>
>>900247
>single nature of Christ
Monophysite scum git out.
>>
>>900238
The General Convention of the Unitarian Universalists formulated the five principles of the Universalist Faith in 1899.

The Universal Fatherhood of God
>True

The spiritual authority and leadership of His Son Jesus Christ
>Getting kind of weird already...

The trustworthiness of the Bible as containing a revelation from God
>A revelation? wtf?

The certainty of just retribution for sin
>mmmmm, yes?

The final harmony of all souls with God
>omgwtfbbqmonkeys tier theology

Additional beliefs generally held by Unitarian Universalists are:

Salvation is by grace through faith and not by works in any way.
>True

Jesus became the Son of God at His baptism.
>Quite possibly insane.

The Holy Spirit is not a person, does not have a will, etc.
>Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unpardonable.

There now is and will be rewards and punishments according to one's actions, but this does not consist of the traditional doctrine of Hell.
>They will find Hell to be quite real.

Human reason and experience should be the final authority in determining spiritual truth.
>Is this really a religion anymore?
>>
File: Newton.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Newton.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
Did someone say the word Arian?
>>
>>900274
Is not the Son of Man, also the Son of God?

Hypostatic union (from the Greek: ὑπόστασις hypóstasis, "sediment, foundation, substance, subsistence") is a technical term in Christian theology employed in mainstream Christology to describe the union of Christ's humanity and divinity in one hypostasis, or individual existence.
>>
>>900276
Oh please, while Arianism is far worse given that it negates the sacrifice, its still preposterous to think that a divine being was actually killed.

Clearly, Christ was mortal through life, ascended upon sacrifice, and joined God as a subordinate part of his being.
>>
>>900292
Who said Jesus was killed?

John 10:18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

So, in fact, while many people had murder in their hearts concerning Jesus, and did in fact commit the sin of murder against Jesus, nobody killed Jesus.

If Jesus chose to do so, He could still be hanging on that cross, today.
>>
>>900292
>divine being
>can't choose to die
You're a blasphemer. Jesus *chose* to die for our sins.
>>
>>900292
John 1

The Eternal Word
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Who is the Word?
>>
>>900303
It was actually Jesus' brother Isukiri who died.
Jesus escaped and fled to Japan.
>>
>>900321
Pretty much what Islam believes.
>>
File: 1447134394646.jpg (69 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1447134394646.jpg
69 KB, 550x550
>He believes in 2000 year old myths about a jewish carpenter
>>
>>900324
No, that's a sect of japanese christians.

Muslims believe that, while Jesus was a prophet, he was not of a divine nature and was not the messiah. To put it another way, as Moses is to Christians, Jesus is to Muslims.
>>
File: 1447230476195.jpg (11 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1447230476195.jpg
11 KB, 235x236
>>900191
>he believes in the son
>he believes in the father
>>
I'm agnostic nowadays but were I still Christian I would be Nestorian. It just makes the most logical sense.
>>
I have yet to hear an explanation on the trinity that doesn't sound modalistic or outright illogical.
I'm personally in favor of adoptionism.
>>
>>902775
>Muslims believe that, while Jesus was a prophet

True

>he was not of a divine nature

Also true

>and was not the messiah

Swing and a miss. Islam teaches that Jesus (or Isa) IS the Messiah, and that he will in fact return from Heaven to wage war against and defeat the "False Messiah" (basically the Anti-Christ) during the end times, and after his victory will unite all people around the world in worship of Allah.
>>
File: 150px-Fleur_de_lys_(or).svg.png (17 KB, 150x214) Image search: [Google]
150px-Fleur_de_lys_(or).svg.png
17 KB, 150x214
You know the holy trinity is just symbolism for Me, Myself, and I, right?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.